• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Man fuck Halo 4, get put into a game in progress where the enemy team have both banshees, a tank and someone with rockets just wrecking shit, I died spawning about 5 times before I quit out.

A good banshee pilot can do so much damage without a penalty, really think they should add a longer cooldown on the fuel rod shots, they are too good and I know that from flying them myself sometimes.

And yes I am shooting the shit out of them with my DMR and trying to PP them, it's not doing much however.

Halo 4 is such a mess.

daedalius

Man fuck Halo 4, get put into a game in progress where the enemy team have both banshees, a tank and someone with rockets just wrecking shit, I died spawning about 5 times before I quit out.

A good banshee pilot can do so much damage without a penalty, really think they should add a longer cooldown on the fuel rod shots, they are too good and I know that from flying them myself sometimes.

And yes I am shooting the shit out of them with my DMR and trying to PP them, it's not doing much however.

Halo 4 is such a mess.

Complaining about banshee in H4, apparently you don't Remember Reach.

But yea, JIP is sometimes total wtf.

He built the coffin, I broke the rules of Hell by speaking from beyond the grave. The blood gods were not pleased and killed Halo as a result.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Bring back the Halo 3 Banshee. I don't remember any issues with it being a game-breaker.

That was also because maps actually had Splaser and Power Drain to compensate, though I guess 4 sort of has anti-vehicle precautions out the ass.

Striker

Bring back the Halo 3 Banshee. I don't remember any issues with it being a game-breaker.

That was also because maps actually had Splaser and Power Drain to compensate, though I guess 4 sort of has anti-vehicle precautions out the ass.
Not until they decide to get rid of the fuel rod bomb. It, along with the swift evasive dodging a player can do, makes it way too strong. It should be a support vehicle, and not a dominant one like a Scorpion.

How it went from being hilariously over-powered in Reach and barely touched for Halo 4 shows how much they cared about the so-called vehicle balance.

Enfinit

The Banshee on Ragnarok is so pointless when the Mantis, Rocket Hog, Chaingun Hog, Splaser, and Snipers are all default when the game begins. The thing is so pathetically weak that it's laughable, and to make matters worse, power weapons spawn every, what, 90 seconds or so?

Not until they decide to get rid of the fuel rod bomb. It, along with the swift evasive dodging a player can do, makes it way too strong. It should be a support vehicle, and not a dominant one like a Scorpion.

How it went from being hilariously over-powered in Reach and barely touched for Halo 4 shows how much they cared about the so-called vehicle balance.

I think the Fuel Rod bit is fine as long as they tune the power appropriately. Maybe make it a 2SK so that you actually have to use the plasma cannons, but add a bunch of knockback to the projectile so that it's good for messing with land-based vehicles. The aerial maneuvers are fine, too, as long as they aren't made ridiculously overdone like in Reach and 4. Hell, you could just make the barrel rolls eat up the boost meter.

Just give it CE-level health and get rid of the stupid Plasma Pistol / Plasma Grenade starts and make sure you spawn with a decent air-killer (like the CE Pistol was) and you'll be fine. You could always make players exiting a midair Banshee have 200% fall damage so there's more incentive to actually use it rather than dong and bail.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The Banshee on Ragnarok is so pointless when the Mantis, Rocket Hog, Chaingun Hog, Splaser, and Snipers are all default when the game begins. The thing is so pathetically weak that it's laughable, and to make matters worse, power weapons spawn every, what, 90 seconds or so?

Are there Rocket Hogs on Ragnarok? Haven't played much Halo 4 recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAqFdp8D-0

Depends on how capable you were with the Banshee in Halo 3.

For the minute I watched it seemed no one was attempting to shoot it down.

Maybe if the banshee had fuel rod shots but also had ammo per spawn, so 5 or so fuel rods and then you only have plasma repeaters, or maybe even a fuel limit which works like the booster bar, just doesn't refill.

Complaining about banshee in H4, apparently you don't Remember Reach.

But yea, JIP is sometimes total wtf.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

I don't remember much about reach vehicles, BTB was lag mans land and people quit all the time, I guess there was some beta vehicle combat where the wraith would die to anything like it was tin foil.

I think that's one map where the banshee works best, you have to fear it but the pilot also has to fear being shot down. A good case of risk v reward.

The snow map gives you too much air freedom and right now if two of the same team get the banshees you are SoD, they will just fuel rod everything all the time.

Striker

For the minute I watched it seemed no one was attempting to shoot it down.

Maybe if the banshee had fuel rod shots but also had ammo per spawn, so 5 or so fuel rods and then you only have plasma repeaters, or maybe even a fuel limit which works like the booster bar, just doesn't refill.
Played on a map it simply didn't belong didn't help. I didn't work well on Valhalla either due to easy hit and run jobs a player can do with the banshee bomb or easy splatters. It didn't last as long on Sandtrap mainly due to less places for it to hide and tons of items to take one down (two missile pods, two lasers, two power drains, rockets, other vehicles).

Madness

Well that guy was lucky and was a decent driver... There were many times though players missed with the splaser, missile pods. The problem is, the rest of your team really distracts or attacks them as well. So you just pop in, splatter or quick bomb/shoot and fly off. Without a 3x DMR it's not as easy to pinpoint shoot it at a distance.

Well that guy was lucky and was a decent driver... There were many times though players missed with the splaser, missile pods. The problem is, the rest of your team really distracts or attacks them as well. So you just pop in, splatter or quick bomb/shoot and fly off. Without a 3x DMR it's not as easy to pinpoint shoot it at a distance.

Not to mention it looked like half the other team was AFK.

Spades

I wish more people played H4.

I'm really looking forward to Ricochet. I hope the DLC will encourage a population spike, even if it is just for a few days/weeks.

I wish more people played H4.

I'm really looking forward to Ricochet. I hope the DLC will encourage a population spike, even if it is just for a few days/weeks.

It reminds me of the deathball mod for 2k4 and I have a good year+ of fun with that alone, even joined a clan and played others, no other game has really done that to me.

My only worry is that we will get no symmetric maps to play it on unless it's forge made, and well forge is boring to the eyes after a while.

Spades

It reminds me of the deathball mod for 2k4 and I have a good year+ of fun with that alone, even joined a clan and played others, no other game has really done that to me.

My only worry is that we will get no symmetric maps to play it on unless it's forge made, and well forge is boring to the eyes after a while.

I just hope I can get a team of 5 together to play it - I think this game type has the potential to be amazing with a good team, throwing the ball around to each other.

Ghazi

I want to get the Champions pack, believe me I do, but it's like spending money on a girl who's not actually into you and chasing someone else (CoD Crowd).

A waste.

Ghazi

I've downloaded every Halo DLC. This is the first time I'm not.

It's so dumb not to have thrown this in as a bonus to everyone with the season pass. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind, but:

A) They're losing population rapidly, releasing paid content won't help that much unless they're trying to squeeze as much small money left as possible out of everyone before everyone is gone.

B)It splinters the small remaining playerbase

C) It ruins a classic map, in a bad game.

D) it's not even a full map pack, with only one actually new map and two maps total with a bunch of cosmetic garbage. Not to mention that they're putting timed gameplay impacting items and a gametype behind the paywall.

If it was free for me, as a Season Pass holder, I would've given the game at least another go. Guess not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting from the other Halo thread.

How do I get no sprint gametypes for Halo 4? Are they just on someone's fileshare or something?

It's so dumb not to have thrown this in as a bonus to everyone with the season pass. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind, but:

A) They're losing population rapidly, releasing paid content won't help that much unless they're trying to squeeze as much small money left as possible out of everyone before everyone is gone.

B)It splinters the small remaining playerbase

C) It ruins a classic map, in a bad game.

D) it's not even a full map pack, with only one actually new map and two maps total with a bunch of cosmetic garbage. Not to mention that they're putting timed gameplay impacting items and a gametype behind the paywall.

If it was free for me, as a Season Pass holder, I would've given the game at least another go. Guess not.

You want an extended Season Pass?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, found some NS gametypes! Thanks for trying to help, Ragnarok.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The no sprint gametype I found has the old weapon balance settings. If anyone can link me to one that uses the new settings, I'd appreciate it.

28431683.jpg

Enfinit

Are there Rocket Hogs on Ragnarok? Haven't played much Halo 4 recently.
Big Team Infinity Slayer on Ragnarok, at the beginning of the game, each base spawns with one sniper, a Banshee, a Rocket Warthog, and Chaingun Warthog, a SAW, and a Mantis, with the Splaser sitting top mid. It's ridiculous. Factor in Splaser and Sniper spawn every 90 seconds, along with an Incineration Cannon and Binary Rifle drop mid-way through the match, as well as various personal ordnances ranging from SAWs to Snipers to Fuel Rods, and no vehicle, much less the Banshee, really stands a chance. Along with Plasma Pistol/Stickies loadout, it's laughable in a "this is pathetic" kind of way.

On Ragnarok, at least. This is also coming from someone who rarely, if at all, gets in a vehicle. Longbow, Meltdown, Vortex, and Exile all play MUCH better with vehicles.

I think that's one map where the banshee works best, you have to fear it but the pilot also has to fear being shot down. A good case of risk v reward.

The snow map gives you too much air freedom and right now if two of the same team get the banshees you are SoD, they will just fuel rod everything all the time.

The problem with Ragnarok is that there's little to no cover for a Banshee to flee from. At least on Exile and Longbow there's plenty of room to give and take damage while flying a Banshee. Ragnarok's the only map where you'll see a Banshee get completely annihilated before it has a chance to leave the base.

Ghazi

You want an extended Season Pass?

No, which is why I said under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind (I should've said I would understand).

Overall this doesn't cost them a large amount of money and charging for it splinters an already fragmented playerbase.

If you really want to know what I think, it's in my opinion that this should've been totally free to everyone except maybe the cosmetic shit. I just threw it alongside the Season Pass in that post because I couldn't see them doing that at all, but maybe for people who've already given them more money.

Omni

You trounce your disc then go back and buy a Used copy? And now you want to waste more money on Halo 4 with DLC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_nLU5R0PE

I'm gonna keep posting this vid until it stops being relevant.

Haha, no. 343i aren't getting any more of my money for Halo 4. Disc was a freebie. And I already had the season pass from release, but have only downloaded two map packs.

Obviously I'm not going to be playing the game as much as I used to, but I guess I could stand to play a couple of matches every now and again.

Top Bottom