• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Madness

Why doesn't bs angel write the bulletins any more?

Don't think a lot of people liked her bulletins, would veer into blog territory as opposed to what's coming up in terms of modes/playlists. Then again, she does handle most of the issues the community has on waypoint, twitter and does post a lot of news. I guess they just feel Bravo is better suited for the bulletin.

#JustMyOpinionThoughIThoughtSheWasAlrightIdeallyIWantFrankToWriteThem

IHaveIce

Banned
Well Rumble Pro will actually be cool to play.

The weapon changes on Legendary Slayer are good... now let us start with BRs or give us Pistols

TheOddOne

Everything is too sharp.

h4%20champions%20bundle_on%20the%20move_660.jpg

Why doesn't bs angel write the bulletins any more?

I don't have an official answer for you but I'd speculate the bulletins of late are very playlist and setting focused. bs Angel does heaps with community events, charity, PM's, press, official channels like Twitter etc. I have no issue with Bravo getting knee deep into his expert zone, I think the more they give him the more he will shine.

I'm only playing the championship to get the 20 double xp tokens but waypoint is saying I am not registered even though I am and was for the first week, I hope what they say is true and they do know how many games I have played, not going over 20 FFA swat again.

Is it okay if I say I don't like this? I think it's ugly and out of place, much like a lot of the crazy Halo 4 armour.

You don't have to ask if your opinion is okay. its not like D. Ellis is here and everyone is slrping him or Frankie.

you should assert your opinion even if it doesn't seem to be popular.

Is it okay if I say I don't like this? I think it's ugly and out of place, much like a lot of the crazy Halo 4 armour.

I initially also reacted poorly to the Halo 4 armour, didn't like much of it all. More recently friends and enemies have created or unlocked some cool combos. I do really like the one in this shot though, each to their own mate.

Sort of miss everyone with the same Halo 2/3 Spartan model though.

SLRPfest inbound, Frankie wordsmith for life :)

TheOddOne

Frank and David should tag-team a bulletin once a month. Or get a new podcast out soon. I miss Ellis' sultry tones.
I would love a campaign centric Sparkast. Just to hear how they made stuff or how specific things were done. Would not mind if it was even for Spartan Ops (Second half of the season specifically).

Fuchsdh

I just miss the podcast in general. I like that idea with Frank and David doing a bulletin together.

Yeah I really like podcasts. It's a shame Bungie gave up on doing them, too. They are certainly a pain to edit though, so I understand why they don't do them often.

TCKaos

Too many of the armors are just really busy or entirely nonsensical. There are too many helmets without visors or with weird shit on the visors. Too many helmets are angular or have strange angular protrusions or have concave shapes as opposed to convex shapes. Even the EVA helmet, which is supposed to be entirely rounded, has a small concave angled dent around the chin. Every helmet has some weird shit that serves no purpose other than to make the helmet busier, and they end up looking worse for it.

Too many of the armors are just really busy or entirely nonsensical. There are too many helmets without visors or with weird shit on the visors. Too many helmets are angular or have strange angular protrusions or have concave shapes as opposed to convex shapes. Even the EVA helmet, which is supposed to be entirely rounded, has a small concave angled dent around the chin. Every helmet has some weird shit that serves no purpose other than to make the helmet busier, and they end up looking worse for it.

I was thinking about this late last night when I was watching some Global Championship on streams. I was looking at Haven and the work that went into the map, while it was nice and if you dont really think about it looks OK. Then I started to think about it...

1. What is Haven made of? Is that some sort of steel?

2. Why is there so many lips and edges built like into the wall? Especially when its just one big piece of steel? how was it made that its all one piece?

3. What is it. The map doesnt actually go anywhere. Its a circle of steel but theres no entrance or exit to other places. It just stops with walls all around. There would be no real way to get there and to move out from there sans jetpacks/teleporters.

Like Midship I think had a door at P2 so if you think about it in this regard you could essentially get to and leave the playspace we know as Midship.

---

And I honestly dont think this level of thought went into this map while it was being made.

Artists need to stop modeling for a second and ask themselves why they are creating things looking like they are...I dunno maybe I need to read some Halo books or go to Waypoint videos to learn about Haven and maybe I'm the one who doesnt understand but I feel you should be able to figure it out if you just look and walk around the map and see whats happening.

Its like nothing makes sense if you put the map in the real world. Which it isn't... But in the Halo Universe it is a real world.

Fuchsdh

I was thinking about this late last night when I was watching some Global Championship on streams. I was looking at Haven and the work that went into the map, while it was nice and if you dont really think about it looks OK. Then I started to think about it...

1. What is Haven made of? Is that some sort of steel?

2. Why is there so many lips and edges built like into the wall? Especially when its just one big piece of steel? how was it made that its all one piece?

3. What is it. The map doesnt actually go anywhere. Its a circle of steel but theres no entrance or exit to other places. It just stops with walls all around. There would be no real way to get there and to move out from there sans jetpacks/teleporters.

Like Midship I think had a door at P2 so if you think about it in this regard you could essentially get to and leave the playspace we know as Midship.

---

And I honestly dont think this level of thought went into this map while it was being made.

Artists need to stop modeling for a second and ask themselves why they are creating things looking like they are...I dunno maybe I need to read some Halo books or go to Waypoint videos to learn about Haven and maybe I'm the one who doesnt understand but I feel you should be able to figure it out if you just look and walk around the map and see whats happening.

Its like nothing makes sense if you put the map in the real world. Which it isn't... But in the Halo Universe it is a real world.

This is a bizarre thought application for Halo maps, most of which never had actual exits. Lockout doesn't lead anywhere, there are no doors out of Hang 'em High, etc.

This is a bizarre thought application for Halo maps, most of which never had actual exits. Lockout doesn't lead anywhere, there are no doors out of Hang 'em High, etc.

True, its very weird I was thinking this and seeing if maps fit it, those maps should have thought of this though no matter how irrelevant it is. Wasnt lockout a secret research facility so it makes sense you could only get to it by a flying vehicile of sorts and it makes sense why its up in the sky. ? I dunno lol I dont pay attention to this stuff the artists and writers should be.

Fuchsdh

True, its very weird I was thinking this and seeing if maps fit it, those maps should have thought of this though no matter how irrelevant it is. Wasnt lockout a secret research facility so it makes sense you could only get to it by a flying vehicile of sorts and it makes sense why its up in the sky. ? I dunno lol I dont pay attention to this stuff the artists and writers should be.

I'm all for exploring the in-universe context for multiplayer maps, but that way lies madness. Maps always have a "ship in a bottle" element to them, even Reach's campaign-placed ones. We've come a little ways since CE's "IT'S A BOX AND I PUT STUFF IN IT" mode, but in terms of situating yourself that's not always in the interest of the gamers--better to avoid putting in doors that players can't open or go through, for example.

That said there's plenty of little fictional touches that are fun to explore in the maps. My point is that the practicality is an argument better ignored--I file it in the "why aren't Spartans punching through each other with their super strength"-type issues.

I like the doors that dont open I think they make the most sense.

I mean what if they remade midship for Halo 4, then five months after release the doors opened to more map! MIND BLOWN.

N if they never opened so be it.

Fuchsdh

I like the doors that dont open I think they make the most sense.

I mean what if they remade midship for Halo 4, then five months after release the doors opened to more map! MIND BLOWN.

N if they never opened so be it.

Well, that's kind of the approach Spartan Ops took, which was cool, but I dunno if that would work in multiplayer.

I've thought about how they could make multi-role maps which were cordoned off to be a smaller map within the larger one so that you could easily create variants to cater to a smaller arena, but I'm not sure if that would compromise the design for both sizes in the process or not.

Risen

Yeah... That's just what future Halo maps need... More style over substance. Is that really you juices? Someone hack your account?

Yeah... That's just what future Halo maps need... More style over substance. Is that really you juices? Someone hack your account?

I think reality might ground these maps to have less style.

I'm looking at my walls and they are straight flat nades would bounce off them real nice.

I look at Haven and WHY ARE THE WALLS JUKING IN AND OUT AND ALL FUCKED UP!?

WHO MADE THIS!?

Computer

I think it is best to keep cannon out of MP. I mean 343 thought it was a good idea to bring cannon to MP and look at what we have. The whole you are in a training hologram idea is so stupid and I doubt half of the players even know the back story. All they show is a picture of the infinity and where things are located. Also the video they play with Sara Palmer when you first load up MP makes me want to puke due to the cheese. Cannon just limits MP.

I think the person running the holodeck program for War Games has some bizarre rock fetish and a bad memory of what Valhalla looked like.

Need more caves.

I think the person running the holodeck program for War Games has some bizarre rock fetish and a bad memory of what Valhalla looked like.

Top Bottom