• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

malfcn

Got an Optimus G Pro and put Smartglass on it. Booted Halo 4 and got a toast that said Smartglass was available, but somehow couldn't figure it out. Something popped up the first time I logged in, but I can't see that screen again. I know it is just stats, but I want to play around with stuff.

Crosspost from Halo |OT18|

I'd love to see 343i release an SDK or dev notes or a manual for megalo then back it up by taking what the community/modders create plus preparing it for matchmaking release.

Use the community resources to do the bulk of the work. Heck even work with the modders that produce the goods. The more that gets embraced and then developer polished the faster and better quality playlist settings we all get in matchmaking.

What's wrong with forming a CC's group for modding or megalo behind the scenes. Give them a private forum like CC's and things get rolling real quick. Think of all that could be created and tested now for matchmaking or before the launch of next gen Halo...

I'm not trying to be rude to 343i but when I checkout modded content like race, 1-flag, gun game, mini-spartans etc their work stacks up to being quality and stuff the masses will play time and again.

sknwGoo.jpg

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'd love to see 343i release an SDK or dev notes or a manual for megalo then back it up by taking what the community/modders create plus preparing it for matchmaking release.

Use the community resources to do the bulk of the work. Heck even work with the modders that produce the goods. The more that gets embraced and then developer polished the faster and better quality playlist settings we all get in matchmaking.

What's wrong with forming a CC's group for modding or megalo behind the scenes. Give them a private forum like CC's and things get rolling real quick. Think of all that could be created and tested now for matchmaking or before the launch of next gen Halo...

I'm not trying to be rude to 343i but when I checkout modded content like race, 1-flag, gun game, mini-spartans etc their work stacks up to being quality and stuff the masses will play time and again.

Community-created content is always good, but 343 should take initiative and actually make gametypes like these. This is one of the reasons I'm hopeful for the Xbox One, as modding will be supported if the devs allow it (at least, according to Major Nelson).

Community-created content is always good, but 343 should take initiative and actually make gametypes like these. This is one of the reasons I'm hopeful for the Xbox One, as modding will be supported if the devs allow it (at least, according to Major Nelson).
Mod Support and a better map editor for Halo would be a game changer.

Well, here's to hoping that this game will be the first and last Halo to have flinch and all of the other ugliness that mars the multiplayer.

FyreWulff

Anyone else's Halo 4 file shares suddenly go completely blank?

petetheduck just found out his file share has been completely blanked out.

KOTH and CTF are actually pretty fun. The map choices aren't great, but I've had a few good games on Settler and Ragnarok.

Best maps for CTF, apart from DLC you never get to play. If 343i would just introduce 1-sided CTF so many Halo 4 maps could play well. It's a total missed opportunity for such little work.

Nebula

Lol 343 is pissed that modders are doing better than they ever will.

I understand that in the TOS/TOU or whatever it is that any modding will result in a ban, or a ban from certain things in a game. Still bullshit though since this modding is not harmful, or in matchmaking.

bidguy

Banned
sorry if its forbidden to ask but why did they ban frankie ?

edit: errrm not banned apparently. weird cause i swear i saw a banned tag on him. sorry

Top Bottom