• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

gAg CruSh3r

BRMl_DQCEAEbqec.png:large

Discuss.

Better lighting system in Halo 5 confirmed.

So in May ex-Creative Director for LucasArts (The Cancelled Star Wars: First Assault?, Republic Command) joined 343. He was also Creative Director and Franchise Director for Tomb Raider 2013 reboot at Crystal Dynamics.

jpDFHERdA0S00.png

#Things

Congrats to Wolfkill and co.

This dude was also a lead designer on Republic Commando.

edit: I feel like that should be noted since that was a very good FPS on the OG Xbox.

TCKaos

So in May ex-Creative Director for LucasArts (The Cancelled Star Wars: First Assault?, Republic Command) joined 343. He was also Creative Director and Franchise Director for Tomb Raider 2013 reboot at Crystal Dynamics.

jpDFHERdA0S00.png

#Things

Congrats to Wolfkill and co.

Halo is saved. I really liked Republic Commando.

Dem frames per second.

Not enough frames. Not yet. We need Aviators for our helmets in Halo 5.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddd AGL with the stupid, shitty, pointless, lame graphics layout again!

Well, that just freed up a few more hours of my weekend. GG AGL! You obviously think this is the greatest thing since the wheel, but what do I know?!

ibvDoXmAQlmftU.gif

TCKaos

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddd AGL with the stupid, shitty, pointless, lame graphics layout again!

Well, that just freed up a few more hours of my weekend. GG AGL! You obviously think this is the greatest thing since the wheel, but what do I know?!

ibvDoXmAQlmftU.gif

Does AGL think their balls are bigger than mountains?

But seriously, AGL needs to reduce that clutter. Add some little widgets and such, but if I have to view it in full-screen to get a decent experience then you're doing it wrong.

TCKaos

In response to Ghost's post on why we should still believe in Halo, I would like to say that post launch support from the sustain team has been wonderful in that they've inflated the life rafts and thrown lines to many of us, but I'm not going to go out of my way to commend the captain and crew of the ship who sank it to begin with, and I'll remain skeptical of their ability to pilot any large naval craft.

daedalius

In response to Ghost's post on why we should still believe in Halo, I would like to say that post launch support from the sustain team has been wonderful in that they've inflated the life rafts and thrown lines to many of us, but I'm not going to go out of my way to commend the captain and crew of the ship who sank it to begin with, and I'll remain skeptical of their ability to pilot any large naval craft.

Quality post.

I really hope Legendary BRs becomes a real thing.

Booshka

Definitely a lot of support around the game, with little tweaks here and there. But, the main philosophy of the core mechanics is still awful. This is all just patchwork, I still don't have hope that the next Halo will nail the core mechanics and restore Halo's game design identity. It will just be buried behind bloated, and poorly designed game mechanics engine, in some unpopulated playlist.

AA's, Ordnance, bad maps, easy aiming, huge hitboxes, convoluted and unnecessary weapon sandbox. Among a slew of other problems that are at the core of their design don't seem to be going anywhere. Only that all the shit we loathe and bitch about will just be at 60 FPS and at an acceptable ping because of dedicated servers.

Booshka

I've never liked Ghost. Gandhi was always my favorite personality.

Gandhi seems like a pretty dumb person to be honest. I always liked Ghost ever since the H2 days when he joined Carbon. He has a decent brain on his shoulders and knows the game and series pretty well. Ghandi played off emotion and raw talent for the most part, his commentating and analysis is similar, which is entertaining in its own right, but gets old after awhile.

Bad Halo's need a Martyr, for competitive and casual, Ghost is that person for competitive Halo 4, because he tried the hardest to make it decent.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Ghost post just seems like a "Come and play guys, it's awesome, guys? anyone?" Which is to say, I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Though I should add, I didn't even read the post, I read the title and saw "faith" and "halo" in the same sentence and closed that window as fast as it was opened.

Top Bottom