• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing BTB a lot, warzone assault feels really rough now, it was fun at first but it's no BTB replacement.

second, I just wasted an ultra rare RP bonus because it was a win only card, that sucks they are hard enough to find in req packs as it is, now I need to win :(

Glass

Random thoughts whilst in bed after watching Ducain23 walk around the snow canvas. I hope someone takes the space forge canvas and makes an amazing Unreal Tournament Facing World's map.

And when the patch drops, a couple of pictures on the Waypoint blog isn't going to cut it. There better be some stella videos released from 343 showing off how good this new forge is, maybe one acting as a showcase for the cool stuff you can do, another being an actual quick start guide to making your own map, since having a serious stab at forge might be intimidating for many.

There's millions of Minecrafters out there who haven't had a taste of Forge yet and could love it, they just need some good exposure. Maybe throw in a community competition to design a map that will get included in a play list of some sorts.

Madness

Anyone excited for Reach backward compatibility? Might be next month, I'm probably going to switch from H5 to Reach.

Why? The campaign will be a sub-720p/20-25 frames piece of blurry shit coupled with a mishmash of multi-player locked behind paywalls. I mean is the DLC going to be free? Why play Reach multi-player over Halo 5 multi-player? I'd rather stick with MCC instead and just play CE, 2, 3, H2A if I hated H5 that much that I'd consider going back to Reach.

And don't get me wrong, I loved Reach. I loved the campaign and I would pay good money to have it be given the same treatment every other campaign for for MCC. I miss firefight like crazy too and Marty's music was amazing. But BC Reach isn't going to be anything we couldn't play for the past 5 years. It's just disappointing. Bungie dropped the game like a bad habit to focus on Destiny and handover to 343 who were too busy with CEA and Halo 4 and so you just had a shitty multi-player that just died off.

link1201

link1201

@JimmeeDubbs @Brav We will be adding the ability to customize aim tuning on an individual basis in our December update.
This will be cool to try out. I hope the December update has a lot of content.

BraXzy

I must've been super lucky to get the stock DMR the first week. Now I'm being punished for it and getting 0 legendaries :3

Nice, be interested to hear your opinion on the grips and the triggers etc.

The controller is fantastic, much better quality then the original Xbox One Controllers. The rubber grip feels great and the bumpers and triggers feel like a pretty good improvement. Though, nothing can be done about the melee delay in Halo 5 (not a result of the RB) and it aggravates me.

But I think the controller is good luck, just made Onyx tonight in Team Arena (completely Solo Queuing from placement matches to now).

MJaB8JG.jpg

BraXzy

I think it'd be cool if 343 opened up weapon skin submissions by the community. Best ones get picked and put into the pool. Maybe with community votes etc.

I wonder if they have plans to do pro team skins, a lot of games that have cosmetics end up partnering with pro's for unique ones.

I don't know how many times I've been Spartan changed head on and pull off a simple reversal. The charger kills me like 1 time in 10 and I swear the 1 time is a guy with an over shield.

I think it'd be cool if 343 opened up weapon skin submissions by the community. Best ones get picked and put into the pool. Maybe with community votes etc.

I wonder if they have plans to do pro team skins, a lot of games that have cosmetics end up partnering with pro's for unique ones.

I think part of the problem with this is that Sparth has meticulously had his crew handle weapon skins so as to avoid customization totally overriding visual distinction among weapons like it did in Halo 4; loadout weapons all still have recognizable silhouettes and general color profile / color placements, etc. as opposed to AR / BR / DMR / Plasma Pistol / Storm Rifle / Carbine / Pistol / etc. all having nearly identical steampunk skins.

That being said, I do wish (at least for loadout weapons) they'd allow you to change the skin "palettes" similarly to how they handled the emblems.

Ramirez

People would probably be okay with removing BR starts from BTB if there was BR starts in any other playlist besides Swat

This game doesn't need BR starts, I don't know why they insisted on opening this can of worms. Stick to your guns, especially when they're completely capable starting weapons!

BraXzy

That being said, I do wish (at least for loadout weapons) they'd allow you to change the skin "palettes" similarly to how they handled the emblems.

I still wish skins could be retroactively applied to things picked up off map, so then you could unlock skins that have been made for all weapons.. All the cool Shotgun skins and Sniper skins etc.

Montresor

I want 343 to make a Mass Effect style RPG in the Halo universe.

Or maybe since 343's forte is FPS, contract the series out to a top-tier WRPG developer (or make a new 1st-party dev to make such a WRPG) and have 343 act as a consultant, while 343 continues to make the mainline FPS games in the Halo franchise.

A Mass Effect style RPG in Halo's universe would be so incredible. I'm imagining being in a big ONI/UNSC facility reading hundreds of condex entries on the myriad of fascinating characters/places in the Halo universe (like the Citadel/Presidium in Mass Effect), i.e. all the spartan programs, all the Halo installations and each of their monitors (so 343 Guilty Spark, + Penitent Tangent, etc...), Halsey, Planet Reach, the Covenant Council, ODST training, etc...

You could visit Halo installations not to play a traditional Halo-style FPS action level, but you'd visit a Halo and spend 60 minutes there just wandering around in its Library, talking to its monitor, doing a side quest for some ultra-religious Elites/Unggoy on the installation, etc....

Anyone excited for Reach backward compatibility? Might be next month, I'm probably going to switch from H5 to Reach.

Probably not.

Population numbers in MP wont be conducive to playing it, and I own the game on 360, so I can play the campaign whenever I want.

Might turn it on to remind myself what a functional Halo UI looks like sometime though.

OEM

So this retrieving data bug still not fixed. Had to go through entire 20min warzone game without using req card because it wont retrieve my data. Like wtf? Had this problem few weeks ago and its still there.

Glass

I hope they open up some community submissions. With the exception of the sexy black and gold skins coming up, all the skins look way too similar, all block colours and stripes.
REQ_Card_-_Bracer.png

e8605553-44b2-4c24-8ae1-e170db07f839

There's no design hierarchy - the legendary weapon skins dont look any cooler or better then the commons. It's no coincidence the AWP Hyper Beast looks sexier then the more common stuff in CSGO. Pistol skins in 5 make the guns look like a plastic nerf toy. There's so much that can be done when you consider it's the soldiers themselves who are meant to be customising these weapons, yet they all look like they took the same art class.

Oh well, I liked Reach after the TU's etc. Rather deal with armour lock than spartan charge. It had 15k people on it yesterday so it's doing solid.

Toa TAK

Banned
I wish they just replaced regular Slayer and such with the actual update they wanted to instead of leaving it up to community vote. I was baffled by that.

mo60

First game online!

...my team got fucking slaughtered. Game is savage.

I kept on dying like crazy and barely getting any kill when I first started playing this game,but now I'm getting better and doing better in terms of kills and deaths then halo 3, halo reach and even halo 4 combined. It helps that the starting weapons aren't terrible and that it;'s easy to find stronger guns on the map,that the game is matching people around my skill level usually and that no one really has a big advantage at the start of a match like halo 4.I do need to start winning more matches because my win rate is around 35% right now.I do get slaughtered in rooms were I'm playing against a strong team at times.

BraXzy

There's no design hierarchy - the legendary weapon skins dont look any cooler or better then the commons. It's no coincidence the AWP Hyper Beast looks sexier then the more common stuff in CSGO. Pistol skins in 5 make the guns look like a plastic nerf toy. There's so much that can be done when you consider it's the soldiers themselves who are meant to be customising these weapons, yet they all look like they took the same art class.

Yeah I get what you mean, I noticed that pistol skin on Snipedowns stream and just thought.. That's the legendary skin?

I was expecting a lot more after seeing sparth and such working on them in the Sprints, but it seems like most of the cool ones are just special versions of Warzone weapons. The green machine skins and the ones in the preview are a step up though, so fingers crossed for the future.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hey, at least Infection is a playlist on Reach. TMCC and 5 can't even do that.

Of course, there are also two versions of team slayer, if you want to jump between pre and post TU bloom.

J_Viper

I don't know man, BTB is still fun as ever, but these maps feel as thrown together as a middle school student's last minute science project.

Is it too late to get Certain Affinity back?

Glass

Yeah I get what you mean, I noticed that pistol skin on Snipedowns stream and just thought.. That's the legendary skin?

I was expecting a lot more after seeing sparth and such working on them in the Sprints, but it seems like most of the cool ones are just special versions of Warzone weapons. The green machine skins and the ones in the preview are a step up though, so fingers crossed for the future.

Yeah, and I love Sparth, I'm going to start collecting his books once I get my hands on Halo 5's artbook. We just need some more Nornfang and Oathsworn type skins instead of colour X with a colour Y stripe along the guns contours. And I do really like the look of the December skins, now those don't look like no commons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom