• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stuck an unsuspecting baddie with a plasma nade, and he boosted backwards as it exploded, somehow negating the damage. Some sort of pro move, or a glitch?

Also, I got the Forerunner ammo DMR and it melts faces from across the map... its glorious.

Makes you wonder what they've been doing since Halo 4 and if they've spent all that time on less things.....

I think the theory that the original plan for the solo chief campaign was scrapped and remade with a focus on 4-player co-op has some truth to it. I just feels so utterly rushed. From the way that revives affect the difficulty balance, to the fact that teammate AI is utter garbage, to pointless, shallow walk-around-and-talk missions, to the fact that the grand sum of their co-op focus was levels that are essentially wide-corridors with one branch housing a power weapon, and boss battles that repeat the same trite 'distract the boss while your buddy shoots him in the back' mechanic.

Why they hypothetically made the change in direction, I don't know. Maybe as a response to the popularity of Destiny, or as a means of trying to make their cross-media nonsense with the TV series starring Locke more important, etc.

Plus, they seemed to really bank on Warzone being a mode that would appeal to BTB fans AND Firefight fans (because of the big AI enemies). Which is pretty hilariously dumb.

"Instead of multiple options that cater to a wide range of tastes, we'll give you one option that won't satisfy any of you as much as the modes you knew and loved. We're visionaries. Oh, and last-shot kills bosses, so don't bother with teamwork of any kind. Have fun!"

Monocle

okay, be honest:
who else would be okay with jetpacks coming back?
No way, flying enemies are annoying and flying human enemies are even worse. It's just no fun to fight people who are floating all over the place. It changes the normal rhythm of encounters too much.

I think the theory that the original plan for the solo chief campaign was scrapped and remade with a focus on 4-player co-op has some truth to it.

Whether as a response to the popularity of Destiny, or as a means of trying to make their cross-media nonsense with the TV series starring Locke more important, etc.

Plus, they seemed to really bank on Warzone being a mode that would appeal to BTB fans AND Firefight fans (because of the big AI enemies). Which is pretty hilariously dumb.

"Instead of multiple options that cater to a wide range of tastes, we'll give you one option that won't satisfy any of you as much as the modes you knew and loved. We're visionaries. Oh, and last-shot kills bosses, so wins are essentially random. Have fun!"

what? this doesnt make any sense to me. yeah last shotting bosses suck but if thats the only reason you think youre losing games i think youre pretty off base

what? this doesnt make any sense to me. yeah last shotting bosses suck but if thats the only reason you think youre losing games i think youre pretty off base

Meh, too many matches to count have had my team firing tanks, lasers, DMRs, BRs at Warden Eternal. The other team is barely on screen, and are getting cut down effectively. Stray BR shot hits him, we lose the game.

The matches that have been decided by teamwork have all been core destruction wins. The wins decided by first to 1000 points have all felt completely random to me. You can have everybody going at the bosses, and the other team picks up the kill with one dude and a lucky BR shot.

All incentive to work as a team is nullified when randomly spamming at the boss from anywhere on the map with whatever you happen to be holding is the best path to victory. Why burn REQ cards on vehicles, power weapons, etc? Why coordinate an attack? Just spam everything you have, cross your fingers and hope you're the last shot. If you're not, those 150VP point swings - particularly late match - pretty much seal it.

jadedm17

Spawning in the middle of the open on Deadlock in Big Team Battle is some of the most rage-inducing bullshit I've had to deal with in a game in a long time. (Off the top of my head it was dual 1887s in that one COD 5, 6 years ago?)

Love this game, but I'm sick of spawning with zero time to even find cover. #@$@%(%#!

Maybe in 6, they have cheif find the guardians who
did not submit to cortana.
Hence the first scene we ever seen of cheif in the desert world for the teaser of halo 5.
He grabs the dead chip because
he still believes he can bring her back.

Why is he solo? Idk maybe he splits up from blue-team as they are
protecting hasley while the infinity can't route to them because they are being hunted by cortana and her guardians.

ah im just shooting up pipe-dreams of hoping for some solo-cheif action. Or atleast bring more justice to blue-team. If i didnt watch the fall of reach animated show, i wouldn't even had cared as much... i guess.

Osiris though. cant care much for them. But i wont mind seeing them again i suppose.
Just not 80% of the campaign.
Damn that hurt :(

Spawning in the middle of the open on Deadlock in Big Team Battle is some of the most rage-inducing bullshit I've had to deal with in a game in a long time. (Off the top of my head it was dual 1887s in that one COD 5, 6 years ago?)

Love this game, but I'm sick of spawning with zero time to even find cover. #@$@%(%#!

I spawned in front of a team members ghost and died last night, and this morning spawned in front of someone with a DMR already scoped and died instantly.. both on deadlock lol

To balance things though I had that one unique spawn in CTF where I spawn on the enemy side, I stole their cloak, grabbed a ghost and splatted some noobs before they noticed I was behind them 10 seconds into the match.

jbug617

Banned
CUmmU4IUAAA3QIK.jpg

@Halo: Vote now for the playlist you want to see this weekend. Cast your vote here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community

MORT1S

Every Halo game with the exception of ODST has used a new engine.
"New"

Modding communities have cracked every engine aside from 5. They are all iterative, with each game refining or replacing code and features. There hasn't been a MAJOR rewrite since CE... it is all 'Blam!'

So iterative, in fact, that tags are backwards and forward compatible between H3, ODST, Reach, and H4.

Welfare

Every Halo game with the exception of ODST has used a new engine.

They are all on the same engine but with each game it gets heavily reworked.

What is the poll looking like vote wise? Don't know if I should put my vote to Doubles or if Rockets is in a massive lead.

Exactly, so why have it ranked?

Because it would probably require more effort to unrank it? They've pretty clearly got "add ranked playlist" down to a science at this point, and the lack of social ones would suggest that they don't have the option ready yet.

RyanW

Because it would probably require more effort to unrank it? They've pretty clearly got "add ranked playlist" down to a science at this point, and the lack of social ones would suggest that they don't have the option ready yet.

Except the 2 Warzone playlists are unranked

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Lol you don't know what you are talking about do you... There is no lag as such.. No packet loss lag if you want I.e people teleporting and other obvious signs.

This is latency! You know? high ping. Late grenades, getting 2 or 3 shotted with the br, when I need 5 or 6 to kill somebody, splattering people with the ghost that just walk it off Etc. I take it that you are American, that is why you was obviously a touch annoyed at what I said. I wasn't attacking Americans, so you can calm down.

I had some teleportation last night. Easiest sign I wasn't on the Melbourne server.

Bread

Banned
I tried stacking speed boosts for the first time last night, holy shit it was fun. If you have good player tracking/shooting skills you are nearly unstoppable. I did it twice and only died because I got cocky and started fucking with scorpion tanks lol.

Tawpgun

They need to tweak how boarding enemy tanks works.

I think 80% of the time I get into boarding range I end up getting into the enemy tank gunner. Wtf 343.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom