• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

16% CTF

=(

I think it's because it already exists in some form. Whereas the other gametypes are what people want to break up the monotony. This should also show the people who always complain about no objective playlist, why there isn't one. It does low numbers. I think eventually when they bring oddball, koth, and other gametypes back, they should have a team objective.

I think it's because it already exists in some form. Whereas the other gametypes are what people want to break up the monotony. This should also show the people who always complain about no objective playlist, why there isn't one. It does low numbers. I think eventually when they bring oddball, koth, and other gametypes back, they should have a team objective.

It does low numbers and its porbably passed over by the same people who choose to play on the same 2 maps over and over when there was voting. People are stupid. CTF is a fucking blast, they just cant handle not being a lone wolf and playing as a team. God forbid.

16% CTF

=(

People are dumb.

Honestly, it wouldn't even be a problem if it were weighted higher in the Team Arena playlist.

Take Breakout out of the Team Arena. It already has it's own playlist for those who want it. Replace those matches with CTF, and that's probably enough to keep the people thirsty for CTF satisfied until Oddball, KOTH, VIP and the like come back to form the Team Objective playlist (AKA, the only playlist worth playing).

OverHeat

« generous god »
People are dumb.

Honestly, it wouldn't even be a problem if it were weighted higher in the Team Arena playlist.

Take Breakout out of the Team Arena. It already has it's own playlist for those who want it. Replace those matches with CTF, and that's probably enough to keep the people thirsty for CTF satisfied until Oddball, KOTH, VIP and the like come back to form the Team Objective playlist (AKA, the only playlist worth playing).

Team objective is Halo!!!!! To me.

RobNBanks

Banned

it basically doesn't exist.

hooray back to back Strongholds on Rig

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hadn't played in about a week, came back and tried BTB and, well... I didn't have fun. Those textures are ass-ugly, but the real problem was how utterly terrible my aim had become, and got me thinking about the aiming in this game as well -- just didn't seem precise at longer ranges, a slight tap of the stick would send my reticle way too far from my target, and this is only really evident now that you spawn with a long range weapon.

Sure I need to practice, but something doesn't feel right about it to me.

Hadn't played in about a week, came back and tried BTB and, well... I didn't have fun. Those textures are ass-ugly, but the real problem was how utterly terrible my aim had become, and got me thinking about the aiming in this game as well -- just didn't seem precise at longer ranges, a slight tap of the stick would send my reticle way too far from my target, and this is only really evident now that you spawn with a long range weapon.

I have to say, i had to put my aim down to 3 to get actually good at the game. In other Halo games i was always at 4-5. Now those are unplayable for me. Something is definitely off, but i cant put my finger on it.

Also the BR is meh long range, but thats the gun. DMR is king long range. Depends on the gun too.

Yeah that's how i am too. loong distance shooting isnt muh thing anymore =/.. sadly!
well we wills ee how the december update will help us where we can adjust more than just sensitivity.

link1201

An update is coming in December to allow aim adjustment.

Madness

It does low numbers and its porbably passed over by the same people who choose to play on the same 2 maps over and over when there was voting. People are stupid. CTF is a fucking blast, they just cant handle not being a lone wolf and playing as a team. God forbid.

Welcome to modern Halo. Even people who play Slayer forget it's 4v4, and that team shooting and map control work effectively well, but nope, I'm just going to go off on my own, go 3-16 and then quit before match ends as well. No one uses mics, just sucks. I had a CTF match on Standoff a few days ago, honestly one of the best btb matches I've had since probably Halo 3, so much fun, people had mics too.

it basically doesn't exist.

hooray back to back Strongholds on Rig

True. Slayer and Strongholds happens far more than CTF.

Welcome to modern Halo. Even people who play Slayer forget it's 4v4, and that team shooting and map control work effectively well, but nope, I'm just going to go off on my own, go 3-16 and then quit before match ends as well. No one uses mics, just sucks. I had a CTF match on Standoff a few days ago, honestly one of the best btb matches I've had since probably Halo 3, so much fun, people had mics too.

True. Slayer and Strongholds happens far more than CTF.

Same here. Biggest reason i only do BTB now.

I remember back in the halo 2 days i could carry my 3 friends as long as they could get a combined kill amount of 25. :p then it would be easy. How i lost my sight...

Zeta Oni

Really dissapointed that stances are only used in the option screen.

What's the point of even having them if no one else can see them?

I was thinking about this earlier: how about a new version of VIP where your team has to get maybe 3-5 kills to win. Regular kills give no points. Everyone dies and respawns as normal except each teams VIP. Instead when they get taken out normally they go into a down state and can be revived but on a timer similar to campaign. I'm undecided on whether heavy damage kills could still be instakill on VIP.

Could this work? Game is starving for more objective modes and this could be something to give people their slayer fix even in an objective only playlist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Rumble Rockets, what in the fuck??

as someone else pointed out, at least it'll boost our commendations. should be good for drunken post turkey day carnage, what the hell.

still, i voted doubles

Nutter

Lol you don't know what you are talking about do you... There is no lag as such.. No packet loss lag if you want I.e people teleporting and other obvious signs.

This is latency! You know? high ping. Late grenades, getting 2 or 3 shotted with the br, when I need 5 or 6 to kill somebody, splattering people with the ghost that just walk it off Etc. I take it that you are American, that is why you was obviously a touch annoyed at what I said. I wasn't attacking Americans, so you can calm down.

I think I know more about how Networking works then you. But please go ahead and continue to blame 343 because you "think" you are not on a EU server.

Leyasu

Banned
I think I know more about how Networking works then you. But please go ahead and continue to blame 343 because you "think" you are not on a EU server.

Dat knowledge! So tell me networking guru, when the latency and delay triples from one match to another, and everyone with a mic experiences it, how does that not point to a US server?? the people talking with american accents is also a giveaway. Please, there is no hiding or getting away from the laws of physics...

Sordid

I'm in a BTB with guys from california... I live in the UK....

Connections have been shit tonight for me, pretty much every game I played tonight was on US servers. Really sucks the fun out of the game when your shots don't register etc.

Edit: Won 4 out of my 5 games tonight in case anyone thinks I'm whining because I lost a ton of games. The games played like crap though, not enjoyable at all.

WiehCwG.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yay Rockets! Time to bring some fun to the party instead of all this serious Team and CTF stuffles.

i wonder if any base traits will be modified. i want to jump 2x+ as high if i'm playing a goofy rockets only mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom