• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumeira

Banned
MP is the best its ever been.
With all these low kill times in other games,
it's nice to actually have a battle, trade some shots, and make some plays for once.

^gungoose is my jam
Agreed, but its really really important Halo continues to remain nothing like COD, this is critical. There isn't any shooter like this, nothing, even of they lose the COD crowd, they should treat them as temporary residents, and stay true to Halo. Longer ttk, shields, weapon limits, melee mechanics and masterful grenade throwing (which is an art in itself).

BradC00

They should give out season rewards like awesome looking helmets or unique armors and guns. Or maybe special colors for grenades exploding.

There's so much they could do.

link1201

They should give out season rewards like awesome looking helmets or unique armors and guns. Or maybe special colors for grenades exploding.

There's so much they could do.
Yeah, I think they have only mentioned emblems so far, which isn't enough.

If we're only talking gameplay I agree.

but this game has no content. I'm not one to throw that excuse out as Titanfall was my favorite shooter of this gen. Not only is it lacking in content, it barely has any gametypes.

Yep, I like Warzone but I don't know what they were thinking launching their new big gametype with 3 maps. If you are an Arena player, the map count is so small it isn't even funny. I'm kind of bored with it. I want more open, outside maps. Not everything has to be so verticle. I'd like to see something like the Pit or Lockout, Sandtrap even. Everything is dark and indoors.

UUUHHHHHH this was a fast warzone match

44tKnN9.png

jet1911

It would be cool if 343 was a bit more open about their plans for new maps/gametypes/REQ. No dates or anything. Just a roadmap of what's coming.

Magwik

Banned
It would be cool if 343 was a bit more open about their plans for new maps/gametypes/REQ. No dates or anything. Just a roadmap of what's coming.
"You'll get some stuff in December and some classic REQ stuff" is all we know and have seen so far sadly

Leyasu

Banned
Any UK/EU players on around 8 UK time for some BTB??

Hopefully no fucking god awful US servers like the first three games last night. It's a joke that they are still not completely eradicated for EU players. This should no longer be even getting talked about.

Please sort this 343

RobNBanks

Banned
Yep, I like Warzone but I don't know what they were thinking launching their new big gametype with 3 maps. If you are an Arena player, the map count is so small it isn't even funny. I'm kind of bored with it. I want more open, outside maps. Not everything has to be so verticle. I'd like to see something like the Pit or Lockout, Sandtrap even. Everything is dark and indoors.

I think the map count is fine. Some more aesthetically pleasing maps would be welcome, but I can accept what's there.

My problem is that CTF basically doesn't even exist which was always my favorite game type in Halo. Then there's Oddball, my second favorite which actually doesn't exist. Not to mention the numerous other ones missing like assault/1 flag/infection.

I honestly think this is the best Halo in terms of gameplay but I'm already at the point where I'm bored of Arena and I haven't even played that much. I'm just grinding out Warzone to buy packs hoping to get some decent armor/helmets

Nutter

Any UK/EU players on around 8 UK time for some BTB??

Hopefully no fucking god awful US servers like the first three games last night. It's a joke that they are still not completely eradicated for EU players. This should no longer be even getting talked about.

Please sort this 343

I love how as soon as you get a hint of lag, you are automatically calling out 343 for putting you on a non EU server.

Do you know lag in EU server CAN exist.

warzone on a non local server is really laggy, throwing nades that spawn half a second later in a different location, being killed before you even see an explosion...

Obscured

I'm sorry but WTF with gungoose, they kill me with direct hits all the time yet when I HIT SOMEONE DIRECTLY TWICE all they get is dropped shields.

I swear I have a hidden handicap enabled in this game.

I feel like this all of the time with grenades as well. There are a times I'll feel like the universe is against me and then I'll hear someone on their mic or on a forum say the exact thing I'm thinking.

Actually the only thing I'm having a real gripe about is that I'm having issues seeing grenade throws. They aren't very readable to me.

warzone on a non local server is really laggy, throwing nades that spawn half a second later in a different location, being killed before you even see an explosion...

Or maybe this is what I'm sometimes experiencing.

So I'm only sort of a graphics whore, but, am I the only one who finds Big Team Battle games' graphics settings absolutely atrocious? There's some walls with almost no textures...the Spartans look straight out of Halo 3.

What is happening here? At first I assumed it was to keep a 60fps experience with more players in the game or because the map is larger, but Warzone is even bigger and has more shit going on and those maps look fine.

darthbob

So I'm only sort of a graphics whore, but, am I the only one who finds Big Team Battle games' graphics settings absolutely atrocious? There's some walls with almost no textures...the Spartans look straight out of Halo 3.

What is happening here? At first I assumed it was to keep a 60fps experience with more players in the game or because the map is larger, but Warzone is even bigger and has more shit going on and those maps look fine.

Those maps were made in Forge.

they are forge maps

Madness

This game is doing about as well as can be expected especially after last year's MCC. Additionally, it's not like it hasn't had extreme competition, Destiny, a feature rich Black Ops 3, Battlefront at the pinnacle of Star Wars hype.

Additionally, a lot of what also keeps players around just isn't here so far. I mean BTB was the most popular mode of the last 2-3 games and they only brought it back like last week with 4 Forge maps. There's no campaign theater for speed runners, there is no campaign scoring for people who like to replay the campaigns, no things like rally points to skip all the cinematics and walking to get to the meaty fight sections, there is no Forge, there is no file browser or file share, and at launch, there were like 6 maps in slayer, still only 3 maps in Warzone.

There is no firefight or Spartan Ops

The upcoming DLC is supposed to be Rig and Fathom remixes supposedly according to people who said they saw it in a Sprint, so I mean, as good as the game plays, it's just so limited feature wise.

Leyasu

Banned
I love how as soon as you get a hint of lag, you are automatically calling out 343 for putting you on a non EU server.

Do you know lag in EU server CAN exist.
Lol you don't know what you are talking about do you... There is no lag as such.. No packet loss lag if you want I.e people teleporting and other obvious signs.

This is latency! You know? high ping. Late grenades, getting 2 or 3 shotted with the br, when I need 5 or 6 to kill somebody, splattering people with the ghost that just walk it off Etc. I take it that you are American, that is why you was obviously a touch annoyed at what I said. I wasn't attacking Americans, so you can calm down.

Achievements are cool and all, but i'd rather have some incentive to replay the campaign. :p Gimmie RP plzzzz.

I want to replay the campaign on legendary, but i keep getting drawn to btb, arena and warzone to use my cool weapons i unlocked. GAH!

Plus i kind of want to see the other HUDs they made for the other characters :p

Golmon97

Neo Member
MP is the best its ever been.
With all these low kill times in other games,
it's nice to actually have a battle, trade some shots, and make some plays for once.

^gungoose is my jam
That's exactly why I love halo in comparison to other fps. I love being able to react and interact with my opponent, as if it were a fighting game or a dance. I'm so bored with the one shot/one kill fps.

I think we may have only seen the beginning of what will be done with REQ's. 343i is probably taking all of this community feedback and will incorporate it into either Halo 5 (later on) or Halo 6.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Beat Legendary last night. Came to like Osiris a bit more, but it's clear from the concept art that Halo 5 originally started life as a solo Master Chief adventure.

it never did though. originally the team was supposed to be the spartan ops squad though.

Trup1aya

This game is doing about as well as can be expected especially after last year's MCC. Additionally, it's not like it hasn't had extreme competition, Destiny, a feature rich Black Ops 3, Battlefront at the pinnacle of Star Wars hype.

Additionally, a lot of what also keeps players around just isn't here so far. I mean BTB was the most popular mode of the last 2-3 games and they only brought it back like last week with 4 Forge maps. There's no campaign theater for speed runners, there is no campaign scoring for people who like to replay the campaigns, no things like rally points to skip all the cinematics and walking to get to the meaty fight sections, there is no Forge, there is no file browser or file share, and at launch, there were like 6 maps in slayer, still only 3 maps in Warzone.

There is no firefight or Spartan Ops

The upcoming DLC is supposed to be Rig and Fathom remixes supposedly according to people who said they saw it in a Sprint, so I mean, as good as the game plays, it's just so limited feature wise.

Basically this. There sustain plan is supposed to keep existing players satisfied for a long time to come, but the initial offering was so skimpy that it has already put people off buying or sticking with the game. Even having more gametypes on the existing maps would have helped a ton.

I can't believe how few gametypes there are, still.

Has anyone seen the colors nearly go inverse at the end of the match? I shortly after saw another artifact when I hit a jump pad and one section towards the top of the screen was black (it look like an issue with the boost effect that goes around the screen, but just one section). These were BTB on Basin.

It look like gpu overheating issues, but maybe these happen occasionally to everyone. Black Friday is kind of the time to replace an Xbox.

Makes you wonder what they've been doing since Halo 4 and if they've spent all that time on less things.....

Probably building a new engine and polishing the core gameplay? I don't like the lack of content but I'd much rather have this than another Reach/Halo 4. Forge is also clearly much more advanced than anything we've seen before. I still have faith that they're going to add game modes back in with Forge, just doesn't make sense to have such a powerful mapmaker and the (leaked) file sharing but now allow people to be creative with the game modes.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja

http://www.twitch.tv/snip3down/

2 pro players and probably the 2 most popular Halo streamers

I like Activee as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom