• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's the smartest person in the galaxy
I like how you called
Cortana a person
here. Makes me want to have an interesting discussion on whether
AI would ever be considered people
if they have their own consciousness.

It's similar to Goku, really. He considers
himself a person although he's a Saiyan
, which raises the question of what the proper definition of a
"person"
is anyway, and if that is something that has or even needs one, single definition.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I like how you called
Cortana a person

"person"
is anyway, and if that is something that has or even needs one, single definition.

i like how your post is completely readable without clicking the spoilers. perhaps you should just spoiler tag your entire post

Zeta Oni

I like how you called
Cortana a person

"person"

I would personally gauge it with what we call "emotion".

If you are capable of producing an emotion that we can recognize as human beings, than that makes you a "person".

Of course, that opens a dialogue about how humans treat some other species that are clearly intelligent and capable of emotion, but that's for another time.

So, by that logic cortana and Goku are both people.
Not humans. But "people".

Edit: funny topic, I'm writing a research paper about this same subject.

This is the kind of stuff that got me deep into Halo in the first place. Well, that and the first game's amazing setting. I was disappointed when Halo 3 made a few shallow references to the Cortana Letters without really tapping into Cortana's potential as a character. I never would have thought 343 would handle the lore so well in Halo 5.

343i doesn't get nearly enough credit for how well they handle Halo's fiction in the games. They do amazing work.

I like how you called
Cortana a person

"person"

Honestly, I just assign the
person
label to anyone/thing demonstrating
sentience
. It's just polite.

uGFyCI9.jpg

Sigh...

Kibbles

Anyone having issues playin with friends tonight? Getting Halo 5 server error.

Edit: never mind he was able to join mine. I just can't join him

Obscured

I think there is more to what is going on with Cortana. Maybe I'm just reading too much into some of the Intel.

My biggest issue with the story has more to do with pacing rather than plot. There are some things that I think should have been used more, like Exuberant.

JackHerer

Too many power weapons in BTB. They need to change it so that a power weapon won't respawn until the previous one has been used up or disappears.

Have had way too many matches on Basin where the enemy team ends up with several snipers, incineration cannons, hydras, etc. at one time. Not ashamed to say I've quit more games in Halo 5 BTB than any other Halo (proportionately). It's a mess right now in diamond ranks playing alone. People quit in 80% of the games easy. I'll never be the first to quit but if we're down multiple players and getting pounded I have no desire to let myself get killed over and over and struggle to go even. Maybe I just have bad luck I dunno.

Solo BTB is borderline unplayable to me.. except every once in a while I get lucky and have great teammates with mics and we'll actually have a competitive game. That's why I'm still playing I guess but overall it could be so much better. The only game type that plays even remotely well is CTF and that's because it has fixed/static spawns.

Strider

Tbh kinda surprised they didn't use a req item playlist to try and show off reqs and maybe get people to buy packs lol

Something like "Legendary rumble: FFA. Spawn with a random legendary req weapon"

That'd be absolute insanity and id play it a hell of a lot more than I'll play rocket rumble

BraXzy

Tbh kinda surprised they didn't use a req item playlist to try and show off reqs and maybe get people to buy packs lol

Something like "Legendary rumble: FFA. Spawn with a random legendary req weapon"

That'd be absolute insanity and id play it a hell of a lot more than I'll play rocket rumble

A fiesta/req mash up has to be an inevitability right?

Anyone want to Group up for BTB? I should be a win or two away from my Onyx, but legit can't find anyone to play against when I queue solo. Need at least one other player to widen the pool and get games going.

Strider

Have you seen Nornfang footage? It's a one shot kill anywhere on the body, so good.]

Yea I saw that today. Looks awesome.

Watched some whispered truth footage too and that looks fun as hell. That gun is ultra rare tho

--

I'm just bummed there are so many cool weapons in this game I doubt I'll ever get to use :(

Detective

343i. Would you please. Please fix the Fucking lag.
I've been nagging about it here the whole time with no response.
Please... This is really unnecessary.

This is the only game am playing now and it's killing me.

Am about to smash the fucking xbox..

Why is there a lag ? Isn't it running on a dedicated servers?

I've spent almost 4 days on WZ now. I love it. Love every thing about the MP.

But Why..Why they won't die? Why does my weapons has no effect. Most of the time I end up with 30 assists.

I keep shooting the whole clip. Most of the time No effect even when their shield is down.

Sniper shot in the head..NOTHING..

It takes real effort to get a kill.

What should I do?

This is really ruining my experience.

My number one change to the game in MP has to do with colours. When blue guys have shields cycling across this bodies they look red and vice versa. Your team in vehicles has the text sometimes looking red as well.

Yes I'm subtlety red green colourblind but almost every other game chooses more natural colours.

Madness

No kidding. Imagine an action sack, where fiesta slayer was random legendary and mythic weapons? Getting things like voids tear, nornfang etc. Would help break up the boredom for me after several matches of slayer, Strongholds etc.

343i. Would you please. Please fix the Fucking lag.
I've been nagging about it here the whole time with no response.
Please... This is really unnecessary.

This is the only game am playing now and it's killing me.

Am about to smash the fucking xbox..

Why is there a lag ? Isn't it running on a dedicated servers?

I've spent almost 4 days on WZ now. I love it. Love every thing about the MP.

But Why..Why they won't die? Why does my weapons has no effect. Most of the time I end up with 30 assists.

I keep shooting the whole clip. Most of the time No effect even when their shield is down.

Sniper shot in the head..NOTHING..

It takes real effort to get a kill.

What should I do?

This is really ruining my experience.

There could be some options for you, you could also be shit out of luck mate. Would you mind answering a few questions so I could perhaps post some info or things to try?

1. Where do you play from? Country, state etc?

2. Do you play solo or in a party? How many in your party are local to you?

3. What Internet service provider do you use?

4. What type of connection do you use? Wired, wireless, shared router with family devices etc?

Haha, lost my rank up game to Onyx in BTB, guy stepped in front of my Charged Incineration Cannon and caused me to betray him and suicide, when I was trying to kill the 4 enemies coming in from the entrance. If we would have held that point we would have won the game.

I'm so angry my heart was actually pounding as I was screaming profanity in my room. Screw this man. Spend 15 fucking minutes to find a game, and gamble a win or a loss. I'm not even having fun anymore. I just want my Onyx and then I can have fun.

malfcn

My rank spread is funny:

Team Arena: Gold 2
Slayer: Gold 4
Big Team: Gold 1
Breakout: Gold 1
FFA: Diamond 3
Swat: Diamond 1

Detective

There could be some options for you, you could also be shit out of luck mate. Would you mind answering a few questions so I could perhaps post some info or things to try?

1. Where do you play from? Country, state etc?

2. Do you play solo or in a party? How many in your party are local to you?

3. What Internet service provider do you use?

4. What type of connection do you use? Wired, wireless, shared router with family devices etc?

Thanks bro.

1- Europe, Norway

2- Tried both. Most solo.

3- Cable.100mps. 10 Up. Wired and wireless. Just cell phone connected to it.

I get almost 90 mps wirelessly on Xbox. No problems with the router or the connection.

It's just like my bullets are in no use at all. It's really frustrating you know?

Thanks for responding and understanding bro.

BraXzy

My rank spread is funny:

Team Arena: Gold 2
Slayer: Gold 4
Big Team: Gold 1
Breakout: Gold 1
FFA: Diamond 3
Swat: Diamond 1

Mine was fairly consistent with Diamonds/Onyx and then BTB sticks out like a sore thumb with a silvery plat symbol hehe.

I'm interested to see how my rank fairs after the first reset. Most of my placement matches were done right after release so I'm sure that skewered things slightly higher. Maybe I'll find a team to roll with consistently before then too.

Having friendly fire off in Warzone is perfectly fine, but I think for all other playlists it needs to remain on, I think its an integral part of the Halo sandbox.

Strider

Wait wat? It is?

Uh yea lol

Imagine whooping out an awesome req only for a teammate to betray you for it. Gross.

Having friendly fire off in Warzone is perfectly fine, but I think for all other playlists it needs to remain on, I think its an integral part of the Halo sandbox.

I'd prefer it off for any social playlist since people are more likely to betray in those modes but I won't get bent out of shape if it is left on.

arimanius

how have you not noticed lol

I have no idea. Just assumed that it was like the other modes. Lol

Uh yea lol

Imagine whooping out an awesome req only for a teammate to betray you for it. Gross.

I'd prefer it off for any social playlist since people are more likely to betray in those modes but I won't get bent out of shape if it is left on.

Makes sense now that I think about it. I never use my awesome req cards so I never have to worry about that.

I love friendly fire being on. It's one of the things that separates Halo from other shooters for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom