• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

One thing I think should be added to the service record is the highest rank you've achieved in each playlist. Resetting is great and all, but it'd be cool to look back after a year and see how you compare to every season prior.

If I grind up to champ somehow one day, I wouldn't want all that work to never have a record after a month.

One thing I think should be added to the service record is the highest rank you've achieved in each playlist. Resetting is great and all, but it'd be cool to look back after a year and see how you compare to every season prior.

If I grind up to champ somehow one day, I wouldn't want all that work to never have a record after a month.

343 stated they'll give rewards to people at the end of each season depending on their placement. One of the reasons I'm trying so hard this month is to get the best reward for launch month/first season.

I just heard this guy in game talking about how REQ packs are gonna be half off on black Friday?? Did 343 mention this or is this guy just spreading false information?

I think it would be cool if true.

OneUh8

Man CTF just can't win. It's my favorite gametype! I wonder when 343 will realize and take breakout and slayer out of the TA playlist. They have their own damn playlist. At least if they did that there would be more frequent CTF games.

BraXzy

343 stated they'll give rewards to people at the end of each season depending on their placement. One of the reasons I'm trying so hard this month is to get the best reward for launch month/first season.

Do you have a source for anything more than a vague "There's rewards"? I've looked before and this is the best I can find:

Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here's a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)

All that tells me is I will get an emblem for earning a CSR. Not a high one, not a low one, just placing.

Nori Chan

Do you have a source for anything more than a vague "There's rewards"? I've looked before and this is the best I can find:

All that tells me is I will get an emblem for earning a CSR. Not a high one, not a low one, just placing.

Link to the quoted, please?

You know what would be a great social playlist. Legendary. The map is populated by Super Rare and Legendary variants of all the vehicles and weapons, letting people who aren't lucky with reqs try these out with no ranking or consequence. It also lets you actually practice using these weapons so that when you actually want to use them in Warzone, you are more confident in using them already. This could also serve to let people play with the Halo 1 Magnum, Gravity Hammer, Spnkr Rocket Launcher too in December.

BTW the Magnum really should be called Captain Keyes' Magnum with the description "I don't keep it loaded, son."

Does this game have stopping power or not?

I heard it does, but the guys who run directly at me through BR fire completely unhindered and force me to thrust to dodge the inevitable spartan charge seem to disagree.

I heard it does, but the guys who run directly at me through BR fire completely unhindered and force me to thrust to dodge the inevitable spartan charge seem to disagree.

I believe it depends on whether they are at full sprint. If you try sprinting as you're being shot it will stop you unless you're at full sprint (at least that always happens to me).

I believe it depends on whether they are at full sprint. If you try sprinting as you're being shot it will stop you unless you're at full sprint (at least that always happens to me).

Hmmm... that might explain it. I'll have to take note if they're at full sprint when I start shooting them or not.

More quitter filled games

I'll come back when they fix it

Yeah, tried BTB again tonight and I really should just stop playing it. It gets frustrating more than anything. Too many quitters, BR starts, and bad spawns.

Did manage to win a 7v8, but man all those assists feel bad!

Screenshot-Original.png

Just take the Spartan charge. It will likely not kill you. I've been charged and then killed the charger 9 times out of 10.

Thanks bro.

1- Europe, Norway

2- Tried both. Most solo.

3- Cable.100mps. 10 Up. Wired and wireless. Just cell phone connected to it.

I get almost 90 mps wirelessly on Xbox. No problems with the router or the connection.

It's just like my bullets are in no use at all. It's really frustrating you know?

Thanks for responding and understanding bro.

You should be connecting to Microsoft Azure datacentres in North Europe or West Europe. Hmm, not much I can suggest I'm afraid. Basically go wired, check DMZ or port forwarding on router, update MTU size, hard reset Xbox, party up to max team size for the playlist with local Norway players and cross your butt cheeks for luck mate.

Solid connection you have there. Have you tried a different brand modem/router or called your ISP? Sometimes there are minor Signal to Noise Ratio settings at the ISP end that can open things up a bit.

Banshee bomb Warden Eternal 5 times to help take out the last third of his health.

"Teammates killed Warden Eternal"

No extra REQ for you! You clearly weren't involved at all.

:facepalm:

343i... I just.... how? How did it come to this? How did you ship a product like this?

Banshee bomb Warden Eternal 5 times to help take out the last third of his health.

"Teammates killed Warden Eternal"

No extra REQ for you!

:facepalm:

343i. You make shit.

So let's get this straight. They made an entire production that allowed you to get into a banshee and bomb the shit out of an AI driven boss in a multiplayer combat arena but because you didn't get cyber dollars the developer is shit.

Ok.

So let's get this straight. They made an entire production that allowed you to get into a banshee and bomb the shit out of an AI driven boss in a multiplayer combat arena but because you didn't get cyber dollars the developer is shit.

Ok.

Fine, not shit.

Incredibly rough, sloppy, borderline insulting nonsense that constantly undermines the player's attempts to engage with and succeed within the scoring and reward systems provided.

Better?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finally completed solo legendary, thanks to todays patch. While I love halo 5's solo campaign, on legendary its possibly the weakest in the series. Too much reliance on brain dead ai teammates ruins what are other wise great battles.

Oh, but didn't get my achievement.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Finally completed solo legendary, thanks to todays patch. While I love halo 5's solo campaign, on legendary its possibly the weakest in the series. Too much reliance on brain dead ai teammates ruins what are other wise great battles.

Oh, but didn't get my achievement.

Yeah it's a horrible Legendary experience. But I could see myself loving it on cruising speed.

Leyasu

Banned
Thanks bro.

1- Europe, Norway

2- Tried both. Most solo.

3- Cable.100mps. 10 Up. Wired and wireless. Just cell phone connected to it.

I get almost 90 mps wirelessly on Xbox. No problems with the router or the connection.

It's just like my bullets are in no use at all. It's really frustrating you know?

Thanks for responding and understanding bro.

Did you play titanfall? If so what were your pings?

Two things.

That asshole trying to interfere with him while he uses it.

and you should get a medal when killed by it. "Congrats, you've been Slayed by Nornfang"

It happens a lot when I try to use those weapons. I've had teammates run me over when trying to use Prophets' Bane. It actually gets really annoying and I try to use them when nobody is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom