• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

gametypes or we riot

Pro team has to approve it first
CSfK203UAAAkwID.png

Haruko

Hey guys, has there been any discussion about a glitch on Warzone Assault on Apex 7 where the attacking team can capture the Armory first somehow, possibly by running against the forcefields?

The spawning seems to get all messed up after that and the ordering of triggered events.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GoldPanda94/video/13021133#t=8 video of it happening from my POV as a defender

The Warzone Assault early-armory capture exploit affects all 3 maps and 343 is aware of it.

No ETA on a patch for it though. Hopefully this month.

The Warzone Assault early-armory capture exploit affects all 3 maps and 343 is aware of it.

No ETA on a patch for it though. Hopefully this month.

Ehh, my experience with the exploit is that the attacking team ends up not being able to push to the core because they didn't have the time to get their REQ level high enough. At least with a somewhat competent defending team.

Ehh, my experience with the exploit is that the attacking team ends up not being able to push to the core because they didn't have the time to get their REQ level high enough. At least with a somewhat competent defending team.

Ends the game fast; makes for easy REQ points. I wouldn't care if they kept it in a little longer. I don't do the glitch myself since I enjoy using high level REQs

Fuchsdh

If you're getting pushed back at the primary objective though it can still give you extra time to capture it. I've played one or two games where we would have been stopped at the first cap point but we got the extra five minutes.

If you're getting pushed back at the primary objective though it can still give you extra time to capture it. I've played one or two games where we would have been stopped at the first cap point but we got the extra five minutes.

I haven't played WZA since the last time the attackers glitched for this very reason. They would never have gotten past the Spire legitimately.

arimanius

That's what usually happens to me. Pretty frustrating.

I could be wrong, but I think people are quitting warzone matches right after clearing out the first NPCs to work on getting commendations... Knobs.

do any Halo players use the elite controller in this thread?

how do you set the trigger sensitivity to use the hairline triggers?

In my Xbox Accessories app, there's no "Trigger sensitivity" option.

You can't adjust hair-trigger sensitivity. Only standard trigger sensitivity, where you can set the start and finish points for the 'throw' anywhere from 0-100. Not sure what the equivalent sensitivity is for the hair triggers....

On my Xbox One:

After you sync your controller and the app 'sees' it, you'll get to the config menu. Create a new Config or select one of the two default ones currently tied to Slot1 or Slot2

Next screen has an option that says 'Sticks, Triggers and Vibration'

On the next screen there is a 'Triggers' option. It's the 3rd one down from the top.

Note:

The Xbox Accessories app gave me a bit up trouble after the latest update. I had to delete the app entirely and redownload it to get the newest round of features.

JackHerer

On my Xbox One:

After you sync your controller and the app 'sees' it, you'll get to the config menu. Create a new Config or select one of the two default ones currently tied to Slot1 or Slot2

Next screen has an option that says 'Sticks, Triggers and Vibration'

On the next screen there is a 'Triggers' option. It's the 3rd one down from the top.

Note:

The Xbox Accessories app gave me a bit up trouble after the latest update. I had to delete the app entirely and redownload it to get the newest round of features.

Are the hairline triggers worth using on the elite for Halo? I always opted out when I bought my scufs since they say it's not ideal for Halo. I would worry it would mess up driving vehicles as well as your ability to charge and hold some weapons like the railgun or plasma caster.

I guess with the software now those issues can be saved.

Are the hairline triggers worth using on the elite for Halo? I always opted out when I bought my scufs since they say it's not ideal for Halo. I would worry it would mess up driving vehicles as well as your ability to charge and hold some weapons like the railgun or plasma caster.

I guess with the software now those issues can be saved.

There was an issue with the plasma pistol refusing the charge initially, but I fixed by fiddling with the trigger sensitivity options. You just have to set the finish point of the 'throw' in the trigger sensitivity menu to ensure that the finish point isn't below where the mechanical lock cuts it off. Anything 50% or less cuts out any problem as far as charging weapons.

BraXzy

There should be an option to spectate high level champion play even if you don't have champions on your friends list. This gives noobs a chance to see what they should do and learn new things about maps and weapons they may not have known and hopefully deter quitters who get frustrated at the skill gap. Just load up this from the menu and it should get into a random champion game going on atm. This also gives ppl some time to kill while waiting for someone to get on so ppl don't start games get an invite and quit outta the game they just got messing up people's experience.

This is a really good point. To go back to Dota 2 (again sorry lel), they have a pretty great spectate system that may in some ways be out of the realm of possibility with Halo 5 but some of it could give inspiration. For one, I'm pretty sure every live match is spectatable. But most importantly, you can filter it by high level matches. Want to watch people at the super high level? Here's a game with a couple of pro's against each other.

Would be a pretty sweet feature to have, because like you said, it's great having the ability to follow pro's and watch via the roster, but it's another thing entirely when you can easily click a button and watch.

They hired a couple pros. Umm get them on stream and giving stuff away so you can get your Twitch numbers up Twitch numbers grow a community. Look at the Twitch page where they explain the volume of viewers they get if you don't understand why Twitch is important.

This is another thing I think would be pretty great. H5 Twitch atm needs more good players with personality. Every big game has people playing that are either pro's or really fun, and you either watch them for their insight and to watch their level of play or to have a laugh. There's some great H5 streamers already, and of course pro's like Snip3down and Ninja are frequently doing it. But the pro team would be a great way to give Twitch a lift. It's whether they have time depending on what they do, and how much stuff goes on with them that can be publicly shown.

I don't really need more maps so much as better or different maps.

The only maps I really love playing on in Slayer are Truth, Regret and Coliseum.

Empire, Fathom and Plaza are merely ok, IMO.

I really dislike Pegasus, Eden, The Rig and Orion.

Honestly, I think the next round of Arena maps could stand to be just a toooooouch bigger. Right now, between the faster movement speed, increased mobility in all directions, faster TTK, and reduced radar, it honestly feels like there's ALWAYS an enemy right on top of me.

Like, I finish off one heated exchange or grab a double kill, jump behind some cover to recover my shields, and a dude that was across the map 10 seconds ago is already coming around the corner behind me to clean me up.

One on hand, the shorter average engagement distance prevents the BR and DMR from dominating like in previous games (the beast magnum obviously helps that as well), on the other hand, it really makes the AR, SMG, Storm Rifle and nade spam feel ridiculously useful.

Just a bit more room, and a few extra seconds for shields to recharge would help the game feel a little more like Halo to me. Nothing massive. Like, even a 10%-15% increase in total traversable space would feel good to me.

But that's just my feel.

...oh, and more weird, alien worlds and beautiful natural vistas please. Enough industrial locales.

Just played a Strongholds game on Recurve where we shredded a team 150. The victory wasn't even satisfying. I feel like I need to go through the theatre footage to find out wtf the other team was doing.

Also 343 pls do something about the matchmaking because games like that are shitty to be a part of if you are the losing team and not fun to win if you are the winning one.

The negativity for movement options are mostly because of maps, corridors and small spaces everywhere. We need more maps like fathom and coliseum.

Cant even get into the lobby for the 20th time. I thought Azure was supposed to be good?

Glass

If Breakout produces some good games during the HCS I think it's going to open a lot of people up to it. With so much money on the line some rounds are going to get really tense.

Done with this game until they add some No Radar game types.

Done until they fix the up and down aim glitch.

Done until they fix matchmaking/ranking system so I'm not getting matched with other Onyx players who play like platinum and gold ranks. But this could easily be fixed with a No Radar game type.

Game is pretty shitty right now.

Done until they fix matchmaking/ranking system so I'm not getting matched with other Onyx players who play like platinum and gold ranks. But this could easily be fixed with a No Radar game type.

What is the up and down glitch?

The radar range in Arena is so short, it's barely functional.

I don't mind if they get rid of it completely, but I also can't see how it hurts the skill gap or lets weaker players off the hook...

I love the radar range. I find it incredible useful and impossible to abuse.

I feel like the range would be great if they hadn't ALSO significantly increased the movement in the game.

Between the increased speed and decreased radar range, I feel like by the time anybody appears on radar the engagement has already started (or you're dead, cause they spartan charged you from behind).

I don't really have a problem with it per say. I barely use it. So if it was removed completely, I wouldn't miss it. But I don't feel like it serves the original purpose the radar did in Halo, which was drawing players together to increase/encourage more engagements, more quickly. And frankly, given how fast things move and how small/dense the maps are, I'm not sure that directive is even necessary at the moment.

Madness

Sigh.

Sometimes I just don't understand Halo fans.

They're going to always vote for what they can't play. Even though there is no Objective playlist, Strongholds is weighted pretty good in Team Arena or BTB. So it's something that the daily player plays daily. On the other hand, Team Snipers is a popular playlist and has been for a long time. Never at SWAT levels, but good enough. They saw the issues with the shotgun dominating a few weeks ago, so now it's just Snipers. Not hard to figure out why it's so ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom