• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Sigh.

Sometimes I just don't understand Halo fans.

What's not to understand. At this point people are craving variation...

All of these weekly votes come down to CTF, Strongholds, or some variation of Slayer as these are the only gametypes available in the arena... Each week, people are picking the one that is most different from the standard options.

In this case snipers is the only one that hasn't been played extensively by everyone already.

Your lack of understanding should be towards 343i's playlist management, not halo fans

Strider

For my vote? Rockets was this weekends playlist, and Strongholds is in Team Arena already. Plus I'm not a big fan of it as a mainly solo queuer. And Snipers isn't playable in any form besides customs...

That's why I voted snipers.

Community will always vote for what's not currently available and we just had rumble rockets.

They're going to always vote for what they can't play. Even though there is no Objective playlist, Strongholds is weighted pretty good in Team Arena or BTB. So it's something that the daily player plays daily. On the other hand, Team Snipers is a popular playlist and has been for a long time. Never at SWAT levels, but good enough. They saw the issues with the shotgun dominating a few weeks ago, so now it's just Snipers. Not hard to figure out why it's so ahead.

For my vote? Rockets was this weekends playlist, and Strongholds is in Team Arena already. Plus I'm not a big fan of it as a mainly solo queuer.

Not so much this week. I can understand going for something different than last week (honestly don't know why 343i puts the same playlists in the vote two weeks in a row).

I'm just more sad to see objective playlists getting dominated week after week. To me, Halo is never better than in objective modes. You'd think at SOME point the masses would vote for something other than 'only one weapon' slayer and FFA modes.

BraXzy

I'm just more sad to see objective playlists getting dominated week after week. To me, Halo is never better than in objective modes. You'd think at SOME point the masses would vote for something other than 'only one weapon' slayer and FFA modes.

People are never going to vote for things you can access fairly regularly in normal playlists when there are missing playlists that pop up at the weekend only. Plus, the weekend stuff should be a bit less serious and more fun.

If for god knows why, Oddball popped up in this, I'm sure it would win. The point is, there's very limited modes at the minute and the ones already in rotation aren't going to come close.

Trup1aya

Not so much this week. I can understand going for something different than last week (honestly don't know why 343i puts the same playlists in the vote two weeks in a row).

If their were more objective gametypes to choose from, people would pick them. But folks are tired of playing strongholds and ctf all the time. 343i needs to bring in other gametypes asap

343i puts the same gametype up to vote twice because if it proves continuously popular, they'll make it permanent .

People are never going to vote for things you can access fairly regularly in normal playlists when there are missing playlists that pop up at the weekend only. Plus, the weekend stuff should be a bit less serious and more fun.

If for god knows why, Oddball popped up in this, I'm sure it would win. The point is, there's very limited modes at the minute and the ones already in rotation aren't going to come close.

See that I agree with.

But I would go wackier.

Like 5% gravity Rail Guns.

Or modes where Spartan Charges and Ground Pounds deal explosive damage.

If you want to be dumb fun, be reeaaaaaally dumb.

BraXzy

What playlists could actually go up there that aren't already in rotation? Snipers, Rockets, Doubles... Err?

I mean besides singling out CTF/Strongholds.

See that I agree with.

But I would go wackier.

You see, I like that. And I agree too. I'd still keep Snipers/Rockets but like you said have cool weird ones too. The problem? Playlists are all ranked no matter what... We need social first.

JackHerer

Is it possible to get into both teams home bases via the crows nests on Apex 7 or is it just on the red side?

Just had a game where it was 90-150 or so and I spawned a ghost only to get killed by two blue players in our base with a whiplash... As far as I'm aware there is no way to sneak into blue tower/nest.

In BTB I had one amazing game with a champion on the other team just matching with randoms. Slayer on Guillotine. Ended with a 3.2 k/d. Next game I get matched against a team with 4 champions on it, Strongholds on Recurve.... 0.6 k/d. That one was a bloodbath with 4 quitters on my team early.

CeeSaw

It's gonna be a while before we get some good weekend playlists isn't it? Damnit I just want a fun gamemode (Rockets was ok) that is different from what we have. I pray to the Halo gods the forge update brings more gamemodes to open the sandbox up.

JackHerer

It's gonna be a while before we get some good weekend playlists isn't it? Damnit I just want a fun gamemode (Rockets was ok) that is different from what we have. I pray to the Halo gods the forge update brings more gamemodes to open the sandbox up.

I'm actually kind of excited for snipers. Hope that gets picked. Get to hone my no-scope skills which you can't really do with shotguns in the mix.

jem0208

Something I feel like 343 definitely should be applauded for is just how damn good throwing grenades feels in 5. The grenade throw is straight up the best feeling throw in any game I have ever played. I feel like they go literally exactly where I want them to every time.

Here's a couple of clips I took on my last legendary run:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Il MeanBean lI/video/13025882

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Il MeanBean lI/video/13025909

This second clip I'd already been killed by that guy once so I knew where he was. Wasn't blind luck.

I already posted this in another thread but I felt the need to post here too.

CeeSaw

I'm actually kind of excited for snipers. Hope that gets picked. Get to hone my no-scope skills which you can't really do with shotguns in the mix.

I enjoy Snipers as well for the same reason but I just want some of that craziness you could get in the past games. I realize it is asking a lot until the forge update hits but I am so thirsty for some more variety in the game.

People who drop their pistols for another gun make me sad. :(

Honestly, outside of Truth, Regret and Colliseum, I find myself swapping the Magnum for a better precision weapon instead of the AR more and more often. And I've been getting better results as a result.

It's just so good in close quarters, and so many more engagement seem to start closer, that I feel more comfortable having a close-range shield shredder on hand.

In Warzone and BTB, I basically never drop it.

arimanius

I have way more faith in my ability to aim a DMR or BR than I do the pistol. Don't know if it is purely psychological or what. I also have zero faith in me using a sniper rifle.

Honestly, outside of Truth, Regret and Colliseum, I find myself swapping the Magnum for a better precision weapon instead of the AR more and more often. And I've been getting better results as a result.

It's just so good in close quarters, and so many more engagement seem to start closer, that I feel more comfortable having a close-range shield shredder on hand.

In Warzone and BTB, I basically never drop it.

I always drop my AR instead of the pistol. I find the AR pretty lackluster. The pistol is just to good for me to drop it. Hearing that satisfying pop of a headshot always makes me smile.

I have way more faith in my ability to aim a DMR or BR than I do the pistol. Don't know if it is purely psychological or what. I also have zero faith in me using a sniper rifle.

The BR kills in 4 bursts versus the magnum's 5 shots. The DMR has the same TTK as the magnum, but with a larger magazine and longer range. What's more, both of those guns have greater auto-aim range from the hip (and even more when scoping) than the magnum.

I always drop my AR instead of the pistol. I find the AR pretty lackluster. The pistol is just to good for me to drop it. Hearing that satisfying pop of a headshot always makes me smile.

Crouch while using it to tighten the spread. It's an excellent weapon for catching folks off-guard.

Ramirez

Ya know, I've been super positive on this game, but these options for weekend playlists are pretty terrible. They have got to get KOTH/Oddball/etc. back into the game ASAP.

BraXzy

The BR kills in 4 bursts versus the magnum's 5 shots. The DMR has the same TTK as the magnum, but with a larger magazine and longer range. What's more, both of those guns have greater auto-aim range from the hip (and even more when scoping) than the magnum.

Not quite, saw this table on Team Beyond the other day.

D7lVbGQ.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The forge rocks are pretty inconsistent with clamber, but am alone in finding the rock jump to mid base on basin next to impossible from red side (in the shade)?. I mean you can jump n thrust to it from the ramp, and it IS possible to clamber from the base but sooo much more difficult then blus/sun side. Fix pls.

BraXzy

I really hope from the upcoming community update and onwards, 343 talks to us a lot more. Thanksgiving was partly to blame, but it feels like we hear next to nothing, besides the odd official post which often repeats things we've heard or give's us minor extra tidbits.

I love the pistol in this game.

But I also think the AR is pretty beastly for close-quarters too.

Strider

I always try to keep one precision weapon and one auto rifle.

So I'll drop my pistol when picking up a BR/DMR but I'll drop my AR when picking up an SMG.

BraXzy

Sometimes Slayer games want to start up with 1000 people in them

Capture_zpsakgcacv1.png

Classic 343i game.

That's actually beta testing a menu system showing everyone online in that playlist. I see about 60. RIP Kappa.

I always try to keep one precision weapon and one auto rifle.

So I'll drop my pistol when picking up a BR/DMR but I'll drop my AR when picking up an SMG.

I do the same. I always switch to my pistol on spawn, and use AR for close up stuff.

I rarely pick up a DMR unless it's on a long range map, I'll always grab BR. Then I keep hold of AR, swapping it for SMG/Storm Rifle when I find em.

RPS37

So I'm totally addicted. I've got tons of games in my backlog and I haven't even finished the campaign, but all I want to do is play multiplayer.

That being said, I want more maps bad.

The SMG is bananas. I hate to say it but it should get a little nerfed.

Maybe the range a bit, but that's about it.

My pistol skills were on fire during a Warzone game, proceeding the Fortress capture I had a running riot while taking out the Legendary boss in there. I think I was already at REQ level 6 when our team had 200 points, I proceeded to use the pistol despite early game BR/DMR unlocks. It's so satisfying when you're on in Halo.

Madness

Sometimes Slayer games want to start up with 1000 people in them

Capture_zpsakgcacv1.png

Classic 343i game.

Look how much better it looks displaying the players on the right, but no, people will quit unless we go in blind. As if it's working flawless now and people aren't quitting almost every single match. I'd rather at least see emblems, highlight players on the right, see gamertags etc. Mute them there.

Maybe the range a bit, but that's about it.

My pistol skills were on fire during a Warzone game, proceeding the Fortress capture I had a running riot while taking out the Legendary boss in there. I think I was already at REQ level 6 when our team had 200 points, I proceeded to use the pistol despite early game BR/DMR unlocks. It's so satisfying when you're on in Halo.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FrontlineFire/video/13028867

It just shreds dudes.

Deception

See I've been playing R6:Siege all day and while there is only 3 game modes in the game, the gameplay is so damn addicting that I don't care. I wish 343 would have done this somehow with Halo 5 but honestly I'm not really missing anything right now, which is sad.

See I've been playing R6:Siege all day and while there is only 3 game modes in the game, the gameplay is so damn addicting that I don't care. I wish 343 would have done this somehow with Halo 5 but honestly I'm not really missing anything right now, which is sad.

Honestly, I got tired of getting my butt whupped in Halo 5 by full teams, so I took a break and bought Siege, too.

Aside from the serious issues with hit detection, Siege has one thing Halo 5 does not: unranked playlists for casual play. I can play with my friends, and they're not necessarily doomed to drag the team down throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom