• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would that contain outside of a chance to get the HCS skins? Maybe a pack that only gives cosmetic items for those that have no interest in Warzone?

Actually, that was basically my thinking. All cosmetics and a higher proportion of the cost goes to the HCS prize pool.

It'd only have 2-3 cards in it, naturally.

singhr1

Actually, that was basically my thinking. All cosmetics and a higher proportion of the cost goes to the HCS prize pool.

It'd only have 2-3 cards in it, naturally.

Sure, yeah... makes sense. Would be good timing too now that online ladders for HCS are starting this weekend.

Fuchsdh

Yeah they should jump on that Dota 2 boat (or hell, go back to the final H4 DLC) and come out with special REQ packs with guaranteed items you can buy.

Karl2177

Why? It's one of the best maps ever made for Halo.

So far the new maps haven't been interesting, so I'd rather get guaranteed goodness. Lockout plays very well with Slayer. Don't pretend it doesn't.

Lockout and Slayer is actually one of the more notoriously bad combinations. I know you're against the pro input, but in the MCC era HCS tournaments, there was a tie on Lockout which had to be resolved before moving on to the next match. So they replayed Lockout Slayer, and lo and behold there was another tie. So they played another match of Slayer on Lockout, and this one finally resulted in one team winning. Lockout's problems stem from the 3 control points on the map; BR tower, Sniper tower, and Blue Lift. If a team that has a lead gets killed at both Sniper and BR, then they will spawn at Lift. You can't move out of Lift without getting killed, so it generally becomes a stand still. Whatever team moves first, dies first. So while the map/gametype combo work on a low skill level, it becomes a shit show when the teams are uneven, and a deadlock when teams are of a medium knowledge base and medium skill and higher.

singhr1

Yeah they should jump on that Dota 2 boat (or hell, go back to the final H4 DLC) and come out with special REQ packs with guaranteed items you can buy.

Oh man that last H4 DLC skin pack was sooo good.

steelskinpack_660.png

So disappointed these didn't make it into TMCC. Pls 343 bring em back.

Lockout and Slayer is actually one of the more notoriously bad combinations. I know you're against the pro input, but in the MCC era HCS tournaments, there was a tie on Lockout which had to be resolved before moving on to the next match. So they replayed Lockout Slayer, and lo and behold there was another tie. So they played another match of Slayer on Lockout, and this one finally resulted in one team winning. Lockout's problems stem from the 3 control points on the map; BR tower, Sniper tower, and Blue Lift. If a team that has a lead gets killed at both Sniper and BR, then they will spawn at Lift. You can't move out of Lift without getting killed, so it generally becomes a stand still. Whatever team moves first, dies first. So while the map/gametype combo work on a low skill level, it becomes a shit show when the teams are uneven, and a deadlock when teams are of a medium knowledge base and medium skill and higher.

I'm one of the few people that has never really understood the love lockout gets but yeah this.

Hmm. What if the first pack got you the HCS stuff (or 2-3 pieces of it, at any rate), and afterwards random cosmetics?

steelskinpack_660.png

Oh, those are nice.

Fuchsdh

Hmm. What if the first pack got you the HCS stuff (or 2-3 pieces of it, at any rate), and afterwards random cosmetics?

Oh, those are nice.

I mean, that's possible too.

With REQ packs in general going towards prize pools, it sort of negates things like the Dota 2 compendium for HCS. I dunno if random cosmetic unlocks would be needed in a HCS pack if there's still the gold, silver, and bronze ones no matter what.

Trup1aya

Yeah, I wouldn't work without some tweaks. they probably need to find a way to connect the shotgun room to the back side of the structure.

E92 M3

Yeah, but for 99% of people it won't be like that. Don't really care how tournaments play out. I remember have a ton of exciting matches on Lockout in Halo 2 and was ranked in high 30s. It'll be fun for matchmaking and can be excluded for tournaments.

Leyasu

Banned
Now show them in-game better than just the intro/outro of games. Even then, the akward look at something pose while trying to stand still always looks off to me. like their staring at something behind me.
That stupid pose at the end lol. I preferred the beta celebrations in all honesty.

That stupid pose at the end lol. I preferred the beta celebrations in all honesty.

Same here, especially how they changed depending on how you won. Like for example a 3v4 situation, the 3 winning spartans would go ape shit and jump like a good game of sports was won.

Or if you totally dominoated it was just the nodding head walk up to you, slapping hands confirming a job well done.

now i think about it, there were only two different animation sets i believe.

Glass

Looking forward to the new REQ pack, they need to get on those team skins/emblems/stickers for HCS though. It's going to give the teams more exposure for the average joe and feed back into more interest for Halo as an e sport. This is all stuff other games have been doing for a while.

It's not going to be exciting it everyone and their dog has the same 1 skin for HCS.

E92 M3

I think they should be focusing on more important things than REQ. For instance, Breakout needs to be removed from Arena. It's dreadfully boring and already has it's own playlist.

Yeah, but for 99% of people it won't be like that. Don't really care how tournaments play out. I remember have a ton of exciting matches on Lockout in Halo 2 and was ranked in high 30s. It'll be fun for matchmaking and can be excluded for tournaments.
But that's not what he's saying. Lockout slayer isn't bad only for the highest level of play, it's bad for the majority of the skill range. Seriously, if the two teams have any semblance of skill and map knowledge, at all, Lockout is a complete standoff. Team slayer simply does not work well on that map. Sure, it is one of the most popular maps in halo, but that doesn't make it good for all game types. The only things passable on lockout are FFA, KotH, odd ball, and 1 flag. I've played enough lockout in H2, H3, and then MCC to never want to see it remade in a future title; the map is simply not good for halo's premiere game type.

Other maps that should not be re-made ever again: blood gulch, hang 'em high...yeah that's all I got. Those maps need to die already.

Akai__

Does anyone else feel like Warzone needs to have Friendly Fire turned off for vehicles aswell? I get constantly betrayal splattered, by people who just don't care... Can't even boot them.

E92 M3

But that's not what he's saying. Lockout slayer isn't bad only for the highest level of play, it's bad for the majority of the skill range. Seriously, if the two teams have any semblance of skill and map knowledge, at all, Lockout is a complete standoff. Team slayer simply does not work well on that map. Sure, it is one of the most popular maps in halo, but that doesn't make it good for all game types. The only things passable on lockout are FFA, KotH, odd ball, and 1 flag. I've played enough lockout in H2, H3, and then MCC to never want to see it remade in a future title; the map is simply not good for halo's premiere game type.

Other maps that should not be re-made ever again: blood gulch, hang 'em high...yeah that's all I got. Those maps need to die already.

Well, I've always had a ton of fun on Lockout slayer and I'm surely not the only one. It basically comes down to opinion.

Lol

I think they should be focusing on more important things than REQ. For instance, Breakout needs to be removed from Arena. It's dreadfully boring and already has it's own playlist.

Breakout is fantastic. I started out disliking it in Arena, but it's a welcome change of pace every once in a while.

Does anyone else feel like Warzone needs to have Friendly Fire turned off for vehicles aswell? I get constantly betrayal splattered, by people who just don't care... Can't even boot them.

Situational awareness, bro. Don't think I've been betrayed once by a teammates' vehicle in Warzone in my 50+ matches played.

Akai__

Situational awareness, bro. Don't think I've been betrayed once by a teammates' vehicle in Warzone in my 50+ matches played.

Situational awareness my ass, if I'm in a gunfight and a Warthog/Ghost runs me over from behind, because the driver is stupid.

And besides that, I'm already dodging so many friendly vehicles. It should be the job of the driver to not run anyone over, just like in real life you know...

This wouldn't work because you'd then be able to launch people across maps lol, unless they made friendly vehicles phase through teammates.. but that would be silly.

Fuchsdh

Reach plz, Bonnie...

...Or Forge...

...Or Both!

They're not going to announce Reach BC compatibility at the Game Awards.

Forge is I guess possible, but more likely to me is other DLC and/or the HCS hyping up. The Chouspace tweet makes me think they'd love to get a > $2 million prize pot to announce on stage.

This wouldn't work because you'd then be able to launch people across maps lol, unless they made friendly vehicles phase through teammates.. but that would be silly.

Y'know, I was thinking about that but I think that would be one of those "game is better for it" exploits. Can you imagine the plays? Spawn with a Whiplash, Warden is 95% dead, get buddy to Warthog Ram you into the air, take the shot as you're sailing off the map for the win.

BraXzy

So, a Platinum REQ pack is being added or how should I understand the tweet?

I was kind of worried that there was no chance a stream was happening tomorrow, since I would have expected an announcement today letting us know it was coming.. But now that I know something is gonna be on the Game Awards, I wonder if they will have a massive blow out on the show.

Imagine for a second, if 343 really needed a delay, and they would have been primed to launch this month... But Microsoft needed that holiday release so 343 prioritised the base stuff and put the rest like Forge to polish for a slight delay. Then boom, we get it all at once + new stuff on top. A guy can dream.

Come on guys, viewers without an xbox one will be watching. Their announcement will cater to them more than us.

HCS is perfect because they tick off a box that says " attract new buyers to franchise: - they can win money by just playing! *after purchase of halo 5 of course.

Another announcement would be halo wars 2 trailer for some hype, maybe a teaser of the spielberg show. people like drama nam sayin?

reach will just be part of an xbox wire announcement.

^my gut reactions

I was kind of worried that there was no chance a stream was happening tomorrow, since I would have expected an announcement today letting us know it was coming.. But now that I know something is gonna be on the Game Awards, I wonder if they will have a massive blow out on the show.

Imagine for a second, if 343 really needed a delay, and they would have been primed to launch this month... But Microsoft needed that holiday release so 343 prioritised the base stuff and put the rest like Forge to polish for a slight delay. Then boom, we get it all at once + new stuff on top. A guy can dream.

Yeah, tomorrow wil be a regular update detailing what we see tonight at the game award show. They will also tell us next week the stream will showcase the contact for december's update. it'll be short and dissapointing of an update for tomorrow.

To add: even more speculation on dates: the update either drops on the 15th or 22nd.

This is my hope. I was worried about voicing it, because doing so would inevitably invoke Murphy's Law and render it fruitless.

So thanks for that.

AlStrong

steelskinpack_660.png

Reminds me very much of some of the Gears 3 skin aesthetics (although they certainly went wild with a few). I think they should look towards that sort of style.

How expensive is this print?

CUMsiPTWIAIhmf_.jpg

Maybe it's time to take another page out of Nintendo's book and produce amiibo figurines for people to unlock specific legendary stuff. Because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom