• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbs

Banned
"we're not out of this yet. we can still destroy the enemy core."

fuck you

edit:

and why is it that anyone coming into a match blaring music or their fuckwit kids over the chat means you're guaranteed a loss. how weird.

Glass

I'm fine with the pricing. It's not cheap and available for a limited time but that's okay, nothing wrong with making something desirable when it's as un-impactful as a skin set. It's down to the individual whether they think it's worth it or not.

"we're not out of this yet. we can still destroy the enemy core."

fuck you

Haha, the number of times I've heard that and thought to myself, 'Yeah,, thats not going to happen.'

Fuchsdh

I'm fine with the pricing. It's not cheap and available for a limited time but that's okay, nothing wrong with making something desirable when it's as un-impactful as a skin set. It's down to the individual whether they think it's worth it or not.

Haha, the number of times I've heard that and thought to myself, 'Yeah,, thats not going to happen.'

I've done it twice, but it mostly relies on you and your teammates taking the opportunity everyone's aggro'ing on the Warden to lay the groundwork rather than waiting for the final blow. Played one game where three of us went to capture the armory while one other guy snuck up with a power weapon to their core and wasted it as soon as the shield fell.

BraXzy

I don't get how the HCS req pack works. Not been on the game.

It costs £7.99, what does it come with? Just the weapon skins? What's this about extra unlocks?

80k is a lot, better start grinding that WZ Assault...

In other news, I got my Elite controller today (thanks again BraXzy!). It's really, really cool. Aiming with the long stick feels incredibly smooth and I can finally ground pound with Recon.

Yup same here, it's too intense for my liking to play but makes for great viewing!

Think so?

I felt like it just made the deadzone issue all the more obvious.

Like, as I'm gently pushing the stick outward 'nothing...nothing...still nothing....there it goes, 0-60 in an instant'

YEAH!

Purchase of the HCS Pack will augment HCS tournament prize pools and unlock 5 special HCS visual customization items for use in Arena and Warzone! Subsequent purchases unlock 5 rare or better visual customization items if available

Whoa, its 9.99? I thought someone said 7.99...

Honestly, I'd buy it only to buy it again. lol

I want more rare items instead of the HCS items themselves.

Yea, that is what I was going to do lol. but now that its 10 a pack with about 5 in each.. hmmmm.... 20 bucks doesn't sound that inviting :(

edit:

Thanks! makes sense now. lol

edit2:

said fuck it, bought 2. supporting the game I lovessssss

edit3:

REGRET....

f66a3ce7-b424-4b21-b1cb-2e6151dce9a1

3ff52f52-ffa5-4ef2-9b5d-a709c492f8ef

780c531a-3937-4a29-9b92-5d67697d4b0d

381c16da-7375-4418-a82d-db8069ab6822

c5c6163b-7494-42f9-9307-38ea7fe61d93

well atleast I got 5 rare items out the way. haha hooray

blamite

Have you already bought it? That's the only way it'd disappear from the store that I know of.

I have it from the LE and the icon is still in the store. Whenever I click on it it tries to load the purchase thing and then says I already own it. :/

Herbs

Banned
just sold everything in my inventory. 40,000 so far. I then realized it's better to just buy the damn thing probably.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yea, that is what I was going to do lol. but now that its 10 a pack with about 5 in each.. hmmmm.... 20 bucks doesn't sound that inviting :(

edit:

Thanks! makes sense now. lol

edit2:

said fuck it, bought 2. supporting the game I lovessssss

edit3:

REGRET....

f66a3ce7-b424-4b21-b1cb-2e6151dce9a1

3ff52f52-ffa5-4ef2-9b5d-a709c492f8ef

780c531a-3937-4a29-9b92-5d67697d4b0d

381c16da-7375-4418-a82d-db8069ab6822

c5c6163b-7494-42f9-9307-38ea7fe61d93

well atleast I got 5 rare items out the way. haha hooray

ACK!

Yup, that's also what's deterring me from getting it twice. lol

ACK!

Yup, that's also what's deterring me from getting it twice. lol

Yeah I suppose if people already have their rare's out of the way and bought this, they would get either ultra/rare or legendary ones..

I still have a lot to get sooo I guess all rare means the system is working :(((

BraXzy

Yeah I suppose if people already have their rare's out of the way and bought this, they would get either ultra/rare or legendary ones..

I still have a lot to get sooo I guess all rare means the system is working :(((

But if you had Rares completed, it'd be more cost efficient to buy Gold packs with Req points wouldn't it? Idk.

Bought one with real monies since 80k is just too much to grind, happy with the skins/armor. No way I am getting another one though, I will definitely just end up with shitty rares.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm just saving up for the Mark IV armor when that drops, personally. But I only have 32000 at the moment and I don't have all the commons-rares yet. :I

Glass

From the Gianna Michaels AMA on Reddit.

eMLosoR.png

Never heard of her
(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

Should really be grinding Warzone Assult for them 80k REQ points, but BTB is so good right now. Not too many quitters tonight, some good close games.

The servers down at the moment?

dunno, but all I get is "unable to match" when I try to play all of a sudden :/

getting VERY tired of all these networking issues.

after 10 days of being locked out of the multiplayer entirely (lose connection bug), now I get rubber band matches (terrible lag), and now this shit.

I'm very close to refunding this game - if it was bad / not fun, I wouldn't care.

But as it is, this is pure torture.

And I'm in western Canada, really don't understand the pitiful MP reliability here.

Velcoro

The servers down at the moment?

Played fine a few moments ago but down now.

It's funny because played a Warzone match last night and we were up 800-200 ish. Game over right? Friggin other team captures everything uses ultra ghost and destroys our core ended up losing 1000-900. All of this happened in a matter of 5 minutes. Colossal failure lol Still trying to wrap my mind around that loss.

Vico

343 keeps on supporting HCS, but what's coming for those of us who couldn't care less? I hope whatever's coming tonight at the Game Awards will be targeted at another group of people.

I mean, all those paid REQ packs better bring better things than the first batch of content (which was cool, but I really want more than Forge maps, and I know more are coming like the Burial Mounds remake).

I'm usually not salty, but the lack of content's starting to kick in, slowly but surely.

Also, 80k is way too much for that HCS pack. Should be 50k or something. I get that this is a special item, and I get that they want us to buy it, but come on.

Esque7

"Grind 80000 points while we fix our servers" thanks. I think I'll just ignore the HCS pack, I still don't have a DMR license...

Trup1aya

Ha, it would take me 60 some games of Warzone Assault to get 80k... Playing the same 3 maps over and over....Not a chance in hell!

I'm tempted to buy the HCS pack... Though, not because of the grind, but because I wouldn't mind adding the to Prize pool. I usually don't care for custom items, but it would be neat to be able to show that I put a lil towards the tourney...

Ha, it would take me 60 some games of Warzone Assault to get 80k... Playing the same 3 maps over and over....Not a chance in hell!

I'm tempted to buy the HCS pack... Though, not because of the grind, but because I wouldn't mind adding the to Prize pool. I usually don't care for custom items, but it would be neat to be able to show that I put a lil towards the tourney...

Yeah like who even kept credits ... let alone that many....

343 keeps on supporting HCS, but what's coming for those of us who couldn't care less? I hope whatever's coming tonight at the Game Awards will be targeted at another group of people.

I mean, all those paid REQ packs better bring better things than the first batch of content (which was cool, but I really want more than Forge maps, and I know more are coming like the Burial Mounds remake).

I'm usually not salty, but the lack of content's starting to kick in, slowly but surely.

Also, 80k is way too much for that HCS pack. Should be 50k or something. I get that this is a special item, and I get that they want us to buy it, but come on.

I don't think a single dollar of REQ money has gone to fund any content that has been released so far.

Trup1aya

At least they're giving you the option to buy it with REQ points

Yeah. There's jus now way I could squeeze in 60 games in 3 days. I haven't been saving up...

No worries though, I wouldn't use my req points on this even if if were 5000RP. I'd like to support HCS, and save my RP for weapon and vehicle certs

Strider

Just curious.

What makes you say it's a glitch and not intentional? I mean that section of the map has downward slopes on both sides like it's basically designed for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom