• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Anyone experienced ultra slow times when first installing halo 5 to the hard drive, its been at 85% for about 20 minutes WTF

You are most likely downloading the patch and installing it too, so that's completely normal. Besides that, the %age bar for installs is always inaccurate. No matter if on PC or consoles.

How expensive is this print?

CUMsiPTWIAIhmf_.jpg
Wow, and I was actually considering buying one.

I think I'm good now, lol.

yep that's colour 3D printing quality, don't expect better unless they get sanded down and polished.

When it comes to 3D prints, doing so with the colour resin is always sub par quality, you can print rather smooth and detailed models if you use a flat white powder mix but then you would have to paint it yourself afterwards.

Anyone experienced ultra slow times when first installing halo 5 to the hard drive, its been at 85% for about 20 minutes WTF

Are you online? the download update is the last 18% or so of the install if so.

Trup1aya

Wow, and I was actually considering buying one.

I think I'm good now, lol.

Lol that really about as good as it gets with color 3D prints...

Unless you make your Spartan White, the colors are going to look washed out.

They'll have to hand paint them get better results... And that would up the cost

I think the model itself looks pretty good though

Really hoping 343 are super informative with tomorrows update.

I want all of the knowledge, release date for Forge, future plans etc etc.

Trup1aya

Really hoping 343 are super informative with tomorrows update.

I want all of the knowledge, release date for Forge, future plans etc etc.

Me too. But I'm expecting nebulous info, a lack of concrete dates, comments that leave more questions than answers and of course, a promise of more info 'in the coming weeks'.

Learning to keep my expectations low when it comes to getting information from these guys. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Me too. But I'm expecting nebulous info, a lack of concrete dates, comments that leave more questions than answers and of course, a promise of more info 'in the coming weeks'.

Learning to keep my expectations low when it comes to getting information from these guys. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Same. They still have a lot to learn when it comes to communication, and in particular when it comes to underpromising and overdelivering rather than doing things the other way around.

still sad about losing my legenedary boost XP card fow WZ.. wish they could maybe implement a catch that if your connection is disconnected, you keep that card since you didnt really use it. idk probably too many situations to code for that i cant think of.

is the complete lack of gametypes just a result of the "pro focus"?

is oddball not pro enough or something? ricochet? king? any of them? infection?

Welfare

If 343 are serious with this post launch sustainment plan, I don't see why they can't disclose what their plans are for the next few months. This quiet behavior does not cut it. We should not have to wait until the month of to hear what they are going to release that month.

is the complete lack of gametypes just a result of the "pro focus"?

is oddball not pro enough or something? ricochet? king? any of them? infection?

Oddball and king are staple playlists in mlg and pro's love ctf

The lack of objective isn't down to the pro's and probably more down to lack of 343 resources which is something that is apparent across the board with the whole game - the lack of btb maps and general lack of maps is proof of this and certainly not caused by the pros

Never been a massive fan of infection/ grifball etc so it's no real loss to me

If 343 are serious with this post launch sustainment plan, I don't see why they can't disclose what their plans are for the next few months. This quiet behavior does not cut it. We should not have to wait until the month of to hear what they are going to release that month.

i wouldnt agree if it was all new content.

but i think the community deserves to hear when they are getting content they expected at launch, with every halo game

i believe remembering on the last stream they said they would have a december stream before the content update so we get a sneak peak of the new stuff.

im guessing next friday is the stream. This week will be an update about next week lol

i believe remembering on the last stream they said they would have a december stream before the content update so we get a sneak peak of the new stuff.

im guessing next friday is the stream. This week will be an update about next week lol

didnt they say forge was coming in "well under a month"?

that would firmly place it in the "nope kinda just one month" camp.

but who the hell knows

IHaveIce

Banned
I need new modes and maps like yesterday, 343 hurry.

Forge is cool I guess but without gametype variety it is absolutely useless

E92 M3

I need new modes and maps like yesterday, 343 hurry.

Forge is cool I guess but without gametype variety it is absolutely useless

And maps need to be considerably different from the ones shipped. Preferably with better scenery and no military bases or space ships. I'd like a Lockout remake lol.

E92 M3

That would be interesting, one of my favorite levels in Halo but in its current form it would be pretty awful with Halo 5s mechanic.

They would have to make it considerably bigger.

They can work on proportions - that's why 343 is paid the big bucks - but it'll 100% be better than anything in the game except Midship.

That would be interesting, one of my favorite levels in Halo but in its current form it would be pretty awful with Halo 5s mechanic.

They would have to make it considerably bigger.

im 100% for a remake in forge though. thats the point right? try out new things? and if the fileshare is complete trash we can have an easy way to try a bunch.

without gametype variety though....think halo will get a temporary uninstall in december to make room for more games for me.

E92 M3

im 100% for a remake in forge though. thats the point right? try out new things? and if the fileshare is complete trash we can have an easy way to try a bunch.

without gametype variety though....think halo will get a temporary uninstall in december to make room for more games for me.

No more forge lol. I want real maps with attractive sky boxes and interesting settings.

That is Halo for me.

Tawpgun

hard pass on lockout remake. Sorry if people don't like the aesthetic but it can easily be made in Forge compared to others.

I guess I could say the same for The Pit.... but I do want a Pit remake lol.

Akai__

No more forge lol. I want real maps with attractive sky boxes and interesting settings.

That is Halo for me.

Well, and I want fresh and new maps and not remakes of maps that we have seen several times already.

Besides that... Lockout plays only well in like 2 gametypes which is Oddball and Infection maybe. Both of which aren't supported in Halo 5.

E92 M3

Please no, no Lockout remake.

Why? It's one of the best maps ever made for Halo.

Well, and I want fresh and new maps and not remakes of maps that we have seen several times already.

Besides that... Lockout plays only well in like 2 gametypes which is Oddball and Infection maybe. Both of which aren't supported in Halo 5.

So far the new maps haven't been interesting, so I'd rather get guaranteed goodness. Lockout plays very well with Slayer. Don't pretend it doesn't.

E92 M3

I don't think map design was taken seriously enough for Halo 5. Aesthetics are a very important of a Halo map (along with playing well). In previous games, every map had an identity...

I've been harking on about maps for too long, though. We'll see what 343 does when the next real maps (forge doesn't count) release.

Haven strikes me as pretty easily forgeable. Lockout definitely is.

I think they should focus their efforts elsewhere. Last few remixes, then some new stuff. Let's get some more natural settings in Arena.

Welfare

The actual dev maps (not forge) need to be new maps. No more remakes. We literally have a game on the Xbox One that you can buy right now if you want to replay those maps online.

I want to see 343 make new Arena maps for HCS to play, Midship should be the only old map they get to play. Forge is good enough to remake BTB maps, so 343 should not waste resources on that. Let the community do that.

Akai__

Why? It's one of the best maps ever made for Halo.

So far the new maps haven't been interesting, so I'd rather get guaranteed goodness. Lockout plays very well with Slayer. Don't pretend it doesn't.

I agree that the new maps aren't nearly interesting as they should be. I only like Truth, Regret, Colliseum and Fathom and that's it. All the other maps are just boring and uninspired.

But Lockout is definitely not guaranteed goodness nor do I ever had the feel that it plays well in Slayer. The map would also suffer under the new movement options that Halo 5 has, so it would need heavy tweaking either way.

E92 M3

Haven strikes me as pretty easily forgeable. Lockout definitely is.

I think they should focus their efforts elsewhere. Last few remixes, then some new stuff. Let's get some more natural settings in Arena.

Yep, natural settings are the key. Goodness forbid they bring us more UNSC and spaceships.

The actual dev maps (not forge) need to be new maps. No more remakes. We literally have a game on the Xbox One that you can buy right now if you want to replay those maps online.

I want to see 343 make new Arena maps for HCS to play, Midship should be the only old map they get to play. Forge is good enough to make BTB maps, so 343 should not waste resources on that. Let the community do that.

BTB deserves proper maps as well - it's only one of the best modes in Halo.

I agree that the new maps aren't nearly interesting as they should be. I only like Truth, Regret, Colliseum and Fathom and that's it. All the other maps are just boring and uninspired.

But Lockout is definitely not guaranteed goodness nor do I ever had the feel that it plays well in Slayer. The map would also suffer under the new movement options that Halo 5 has, so it would need heavy tweaking either way.

I think it will play very well with some tweaking.

Leyasu

Banned
Man BTB needs a good 6 or 7 proper maps asap. I honestly don't mind if they add a couple of remakes from older halos, just get them in the game.

They must be swimming in req cash, and could easily earn more with some PVE modes and cosmetic reqs. Which could be put towards getting certain affinity to make some maps as well.

Warxard

Banned

Maps take time. Reach from launch to Noble took at least two months, and Noble to defiant took four.

I don't expect dev maps to show up until late Jan.

Curious that Certain Affinity isn't doing the H5 DLC...because they make GREAT maps!

So, a Platinum REQ pack is being added or how should I understand the tweet?

HCS pack probably.

Maps take time. Reach from launch to Noble took at least two months, and Noble to defiant took four.

I don't expect dev maps to show up until late Jan.

Curious that Certain Affinity isn't doing the H5 DLC...because they make GREAT maps!

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Agree to disagree. I haven't been hugely impressed by their output thus far.

Besides, aren't they working on their own thing now?

Leyasu

Banned
HCS pack probably.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Agree to disagree. I haven't been hugely impressed by their output thus far.

Besides, aren't they working on their own thing now?

If it is a platinum pack, just watch it be a more expensive way of unlocking commons..lol

As to certain affinity maps. I have to say I would rather some of their maps than forge maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom