• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Damn I missed it lol looked away for a couple minutes...

So forge, one arena map, one warzone map, and new reqs... Anything else? Mention a date?

I assume the details of everything will be in a blog post soon

JackHerer

Damn I missed it lol looked away for a couple minutes...

So forge, one arena map, one warzone map, and new reqs... Anything else? Mention a date?

I assume the details of everything will be in a blog post soon

Glad to see that the new maps are on the way soon. Just need to hear about those gametypes now.

Velcoro

Yea the HCS logos all over the skins ruins an otherwise great design to me... The armor especially :/

The magnum skin is cool tho with the logo being on the handle and out of sight. The main reason I bought the pack. Need all the magnum skins at some point :p

I like the magnum skins the most. Kinda wish there was another weapin skin instead of that armor.

2 million dollar prize pool

nevermind i retire from my official pro splatoon career

who wants to join my pro esports halo team

join my esports team

halowaypoint.com/spartancompany/SpartansInPyjamas

I only just started playing Halo 5 MP last night. I'm not sure what REQ's are and how they work. Also, the controls feel awkward. It's OK until ADS and then it's really hard to aim. It's like the sensitivity is too high but adjusting that setting doesn't affect ADS sensitivity only movement. Is this normal and just the learning curve or is there something wrong here?

BraXzy

Crossposting from the Gaming side thread... I assume the full details will be laid out tomorrow.

OFFICIAL Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxbCtx3a0Fo

Halo 5: Guardians is expanding! New details about the next free update coming to Halo 5: Guardians later this month – The Cartographer’s Gift – were revealed at The Game Awards. The Cartographer’s Gift will add the biggest and most improved Forge mode ever to Halo 5: Guardians, in addition to brand-new Warzone (Battle of Noctus), Arena (Overgrowth) and Big Team Battle (Antifreeze and Burial Mounds) maps, and more than 25 new REQs for armors, weapons, emblems and more.

Additionally, the Halo World Championship 2016 begins Sunday, Dec. 6 with the launch of online tournament ladders around the world. The biggest Halo eSports competition in franchise history is centered on the ultra-competitive Arena multiplayer mode of Halo 5: Guardians, with a prize pool that has now reached $2 million dollars and growing. Starting today, in celebration of the Halo World Championship, a special Halo Championship Series (HCS) Premium REQ Pack – including HCS themed weapon skins, armor, and emblem – will be available for purchase. Fans will need to act fast though as this will only be available through Sunday at 12pm PST. As with all REQ Packs a portion of each purchase will go directly to the Halo World Championship prize pool.

CVWghtMUAAArsO_.jpg:large

Trup1aya

Please, no more emblems... I'm not thrilled about new armors either... Just means my silver packs will go back to being less economic as I try to grind for Weapon certs

2million+ prize pool is awesome! I'm not sure what the Req pack split is, but H5 must be pulling in big bucks. Glad to see my favorite franchise is profitable, even if it isn't as popular as it once was.

malfcn

I don't understand assault. One team starts with 2 bases? Each game so far has felt unbalanced

Oh man that last H4 DLC skin pack was sooo good.

steelskinpack_660.png

So disappointed these didn't make it into TMCC. Pls 343 bring em back.

a Steampunk set of REQs and pallet for Forge would be..?

z3phon

Booted up black ops 3 for the first time after playing Halo 5, really found it hard to get back in to BO3. Really loving Halo 5 so far, glad I picked up the Xbox one during black friday. Now once I stop sucking so much at MP I'll enjoy it way more :)

Madness

How does Splatoon beat out Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 for best multiplayer though? I mean what's the criteria? Especially with regards to overall game, sound, level design, gun design and gunplay etc.

How does Splatoon beat out Halo 5, Battlefront and Black Ops 3 for best shooter though? I mean what's the criteria? Especially with regards to overall game, campaign, story, sound, level design, gun design and gunplay etc.
It won best multiplayer. Maybe it is a refreshing experience?

How does Splatoon beat out Halo 5, Battlefront and Black Ops 3 for best shooter though? I mean what's the criteria? Especially with regards to overall game, campaign, story, sound, level design, gun design and gunplay etc.
The voting was done by critics (AKA filthy casuals). What do you expect?

With the amount of content getting added to H5 maybe it can win best MP next year :)

New maps look great, I really like Plaza so am happy to get a partner for it (as long as it's still genuinely a different map). New Warzone map looks awesome!

As long as there's file share for Forge I am happy with just unlimited slayer/CTF as the new game modes for this update, but I hope they are planning to at least add things like 1 Flag and Assault in January. Headlong NEEDS those game modes. Also, does this mean Griffball won't be playable even though we have Forge?

Leyasu

Banned
Some of those armours look great. Please 343 just let us buy (if we want) the stuff we want...

My money is ready.. I obviously don't speak for others here.

Trup1aya

I really hope any customization items going forward are rare or better. I'm bored with my grind being stalled out by the addition of common Reqs.

Also I wish emblems weren't part of the RNG at all. They should be tied to commendations and achievements or something.

Strider

After browsing waypoint I realized some of the medals are bugged, at least on the website.

I'm missing some I know I've gotten and some are just off by huge amounts. Waypoint says I have just 4 total sniper kills for example....

minx

This will be the first 2 maps towards the 15(?) promised free maps. They never did say if the Forge maps were included in that count. Usually when they don't say... It's not good.

Strider

Thing is after June... I fully expect an HCS season 2 announcement. So I expect the game to continue getting updates past June with at least New reqs (to fund season 2 of course)...

So it would be really awesome if they continued pumping out maps even after June as well. One can hope at least and I don't think it's too unrealistic

Fuchsdh

Fgeurpw.png

Looking pretty okay. New maps and some remixes will get me to jump back in December for sure.

There look to be three helmets that are dupes, but look new. The LOCUS helmet is new to 5, so is Mark IV. Are Wetwork and the one next to it new? Hard to remember if they're in 5 or they're just transplants from 4.

EDIT: Also, the little "new content every month" disclaimer says through June 2016. So presumably from then on our it's up to community sustain. Hopefully they provide the support needed so that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom