• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Yes it is wireless, it is expensive but very good.

I own the Polk 4Shot and Astro A50's. The A50's absolutely destroy the Polk's and rightly should being many times more expensive. What it comes down to is that the A50's are 7.1 surround headphones that will deliver great sound quality and directionality in games (like Halo!) which is great for awareness. The setup can be a pain, but it is worth it in the end.

The headphones are wireless for game audio, but do require a cable to the controller for chat.

Yes they are, I have tested a lot of headsets from Turtle beach, Tritton, Skull candy, Razer etc but nothing even comes close to my Astros

I have the Battlefield 4 limited edition A50s since 2013 and trust me they are worth it, I use them for my work and my gaming.

I love the A50, but I do have occasional issues with the mic. Folks can't hear me at all sometimes, and I can barely hear them without drowning out the game audio.

cheers guys, i'll go for it!

B3N1

had no idea this was an exploit

thats cool i guess
Not cool, took me totally off guard.

They won the match.

Now that I know this can happen it's all good I'll just keep a lookout on the armories from now on. Tried to do this in the following game but the marines just stood there and didn't react.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kudos 343i.

I've just played a whole WZ match without being able to access req. It says ( Retrieving information )

A whole fucking match with a gun while the others have access to all weapons.

Great work on those fucking Dedicated servers of yours.

This happened to some users for about 28 minutes this morning. Apologies for the brief negative experience.

You think this is funny?

And it was not a first time either. It happened before.

Other than that, Well..It lags..a lot.. I've to empty a whole DMR on a person to kill him, even if his health is recharging.

SMG close quarter VS gun, Full clip from behind..nothing happends, He just turns around and kills me.

I just want them to acknowledge the problem.

Come out and say it..
I have 153 matches played. I remember lag once.

Sorry you're having issues, but mine plays like a dream.

Aw that would be splendid. Hopefully they'll add it in the future.

They will it's just a matter of time but both the Mark IV from Halo Wars and the Mark V from Halo CE are confirmed to come to the REQ system on Halo 5, also by the way the Noble armour is pretty much the Mark V armour.

pieface

You had 2 diamond players as well and could only muster 14 points?
Yup, strangely the diamond 4 on our team came bottom. They were obviously a party of 4. I went in solo. Would be nice to be matched up against other solo players but that makes way too much sense :D

jem0208

I've had a largely lag free experience, can probably count the laggy games on a single hand. That includes playing at like 3am with people in America.

Record yourself playing so we can see how bad you are.

Meh, feel free to dig around.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...s/xbox-one/service-records/players/jaegerdice

I'm far from great, certainly. I know that.

I was frustrated as hell with Warzone when I posted that. Hence the '/Warzone' in the post.

And I'm primarily sticking to Warzone right now to get back into the 'groove' with the precision weapons, since the last Halo I put any significant time in was Reach. H4 lasted all of a few weeks for me and MCC was broken. So like 4 years without practice.

I got Gold in Team Arena, Plat in Team Slayer, both playing with randoms, but I wasn't happy with my performance. I need to put time in, but there's no damn unranked mode to do it except Warzone, which has moments of brilliance surrounded by heaps of garbage from the boss damage system that routinely screws coordinated teams out of significant points on account of one lone BR shot from the other team, to the fact that success is largely dictated by the number of teammates that have and are willing to spend cards, to the JIP system that drops you into matches that are essentially over.

It was a rant. I'm over it. And I'm taking a break from the game to play something else for awhile. Maybe if I hear good things about BTB I'll try it again sooner than later, but with Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 out, I've got plenty of other things to play until I hear 343i has addressed the lack of playlists and the issues with Warzone.

Nothing they can do about that campaign though...

MaGlock

This happened to some users for about 28 minutes this morning. Apologies for the brief negative experience.

Played a game like this earlier first time I've lost to core destruction lol.I found it strangely fun. Maybe a version were you spawn with the BR and random req drops ala infinity slayer. That takes from your req pool. Just throwing ideas out there

Raide

Random Question of the Day!

Does a certification in a weapon/item just mean you're more likely to have that item drop in the future?

Random Question of the Day!

Does a certification in a weapon/item just mean you're more likely to have that item drop in the future?

Getting a weapon cert means they start appearing in packs from then onwards, which is why the first few packs in the game are filled with mongoose and warthog cards.

Pavaloo

It seems like every warzone match I play lately I'm the top scorer on a completely shit awful team. It's beyond frustrating.

Raide

Yes, as far as I know that's correct.

Getting a weapon cert means they start appearing in packs from then onwards, which is why the first few packs in the game are filled with mongoose and warthog cards.

Thanks both.

Just got a SAW ne, so I guess SAW appears more now. What happens as you get more and more certification, do they all get mixed in or do the ranks of them over-ride the lower ones?

Detective

Thanks a lot Frankie for your response.
I really appreciate it sir.

But could you please, please take this to your team?
About the lag in Europe?
At first it played like a dream. But now lots of matches are unbereable. Its like my bullets has no effect at all. No matter the situation, Even if the enemy has like no health, Full clip has zero affect.

I've spent soon 3 days on WZ. Love it a lot. But these lags makes me crazy.

Again....Appreciate your response Frankie. Thanks a million:)

Just poking my head in here and what a madhouse it is. People need to cool down and not let themselves rage post.

Invariably when someone from 343 does respond the formerly rage-filled poster all of a sudden becomes apologetic.

After posting in that RTTP Reach thread, I would really like to see options for the Spartan dialogue in multiplayer like what they had for firefight in Reach. 343 could make a killing there by offering voice packs.

I'd imagine they already have a lot of suitable dialogue already recorded for campaign for the 8 playable characters already. Would also be nice for people who miss hearing Cortana talk to them while they shoot stuff...

darthbob

Still no Teishin armor REQ code.

le sigh
still at work so it doesn't matter, but am hoping it pops before i get home still

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
After posting in that RTTP Reach thread, I would really like to see options for the Spartan dialogue in multiplayer like what they had for firefight in Reach. 343 could make a killing there by offering voice packs.

I'd imagine they already have a lot of suitable dialogue already recorded for campaign for the 8 playable characters already. Would also be nice for people who miss hearing Cortana talk to them while they shoot stuff...

I'd pay good money for Mshak multiplayer.

RoKKeR

I can also vouch for the A50's, especially when you turn them to "Mode 1" for competitive/MP games that amplifies sounds like footsteps and other location-based sounds, it makes Halo 5 nearly the best sounding game I've played. (BC2 still the GOAT) Well worth the price of admission.

Don't like the ear cups though, they sort of hurt my head after long play sessions. My only complaint.

raindoc

I can also vouch for the A50's, especially when you turn them to "Mode 1" for competitive/MP games that amplifies sounds like footsteps and other location-based sounds, it makes Halo 5 nearly the best sounding game I've played. (BC2 still the GOAT) Well worth the price of admission.

Don't like the ear cups though, they sort of hurt my head after long play sessions. My only complaint.

what I forgot to ask - do I need one of those "clip on things" for the xbone controller to mute and volume control chat audio?

EDIT: since stinkles' online again and 3's a charm: any info on when the fall of reach will be available to non deluxe/limited edition owners?

Binary rifle cert, some uncommon AR mod, loathsome thing cert, hellcat helmet, ravening sliver (sword cert). Pretty meh premium packs yet again.

I'd pay good money for Mshak multiplayer.

I doubt you are the only one. As much as I like Darren O'Hare, I'm starting to get that Nolan North/Troy Baker effect from hearing him all the time in multiplayer. People would eat voice packs up. Pls say a few things to the right people Frankie!

Kudos 343i.

I've just played a whole WZ match without being able to access req. It says ( Retrieving information )

A whole fucking match with a gun while the others have access to all weapons.

Great work on those fucking Dedicated servers of yours.
Get good with standard loadouts you filthy scrub
:p

Trup1aya

Thanks both.

Just got a SAW ne, so I guess SAW appears more now. What happens as you get more and more certification, do they all get mixed in or do the ranks of them over-ride the lower ones?

It seems to me, that your packs will contain a large number of your certified weapons as opposed to a random scattering of non-certified weapons.

For example, I almost have all of the common certifications... So when I open bronze packs i might get 3 warthogs and 3 rail guns. Instead of getting a bunch of on-off common items.

What does ravening silver do?

Slash faster/comes out fast.

Also, weapons seem inconsistent as hell. I get one shotted by a shotgun quite a distance away, and I am seriously having to tag people twice point blank. Same goes for the SMG, tears me up every single time, mine is like a pea shooter at times. Is it variants? Server based (all US tonight)? I mean, come on already.

BraXzy

Playing before a certain date. I wanna say it was the 7th.

Figured it'd be something like that, I hope they put in some really cool armour in the future that requires a series of challenges ala getting Recon in H3 with the vidmasters.

So inconsiderate Frank, that's at least one whole match of Warzone.

I'd be fine with more "cosmetic" stuff added as other means of revenue. Voice packs would be a cool one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom