• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, feel free to dig around.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...s/xbox-one/service-records/players/jaegerdice

I'm far from great, certainly. I know that.

I was frustrated as hell with Warzone when I posted that. Hence the '/Warzone' in the post.

And I'm primarily sticking to Warzone right now to get back into the 'groove' with the precision weapons, since the last Halo I put any significant time in was Reach. Skipped H4 MP and MCC was broken. So like 4 years without practice.

I got Gold in Team Arena, Plat in Team Slayer, both playing with randoms, but I wasn't happy with my performance. I need to put time in, but there's no damn unranked mode to do it except Warzone, which has moments of brilliance surrounded by heaps of garbage from the boss damage system that routinely screws coordinated teams out of significant points on account of one lone BR shot from the other team, to the fact that success is largely dictated by the number of teammates that have and are willing to spend cards, to the JIP system that drops you into matches that are essentially over.

It was a rant. I'm over it. And I'm taking a break from the game to play something else for awhile. Maybe if I hear good things about BTB I'll try it again sooner than later, but with Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 out, I've got plenty of other things to play until I hear 343i has addressed the lack of playlists and the issues with Warzone.

Nothing they can do about that campaign though...
You should try playing Assault. I get frustrated with regular WZ as well since you usually get matched with idiots but Assault is really fun once you stop caring about winning.

I've started using a ghost in regular WZ to scout for and kill enemies that are trying to killsteal bosses, it works quite well most of the time.

MaGlock

Anyone interested in an arena or War zone run tonight? My friends already gone on this game :( GT: PFI DeeZy. Thinking 830-9 EST

Trup1aya

Meh, feel free to dig around.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...s/xbox-one/service-records/players/jaegerdice

I'm far from great, certainly. I know that.

I was frustrated as hell with Warzone when I posted that. Hence the '/Warzone' in the post.

And I'm primarily sticking to Warzone right now to get back into the 'groove' with the precision weapons, since the last Halo I put any significant time in was Reach. H4 lasted all of a few weeks for me and MCC was broken. So like 4 years without practice.

I got Gold in Team Arena, Plat in Team Slayer, both playing with randoms, but I wasn't happy with my performance. I need to put time in, but there's no damn unranked mode to do it except Warzone, which has moments of brilliance surrounded by heaps of garbage from the boss damage system that routinely screws coordinated teams out of significant points on account of one lone BR shot from the other team, to the fact that success is largely dictated by the number of teammates that have and are willing to spend cards, to the JIP system that drops you into matches that are essentially over.

It was a rant. I'm over it. And I'm taking a break from the game to play something else for awhile. Maybe if I hear good things about BTB I'll try it again sooner than later, but with Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 out, I've got plenty of other things to play until I hear 343i has addressed the lack of playlists and the issues with Warzone.

Nothing they can do about that campaign though...

Your problem is you were playing Warzone instead of Warzone assault...

It's a much more streamlined game mode (no stolen boss kills) and works perfectly for trying to hone your precision skills by constantly putting you into combat with other Spartans.

It's basically 6-18 minutes of halo target practice.

BraXzy

Found it.

Halo 5 Req Pack Guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wSQxwhreYsG0TWY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Not sure on the source I'm afraid, found it in my history.

8a1f07911e9f76f5a6e51b17e0bb5cad.png

After some bad games the past couple of days (dropped from Diamond 4 to Diamond 1), I clawed my way back up to Diamond 4 again after playing 23 games. It wasn't easy, but it's done. Tomorrow's task, getting past Diamond 4... now where in the hell are my Sprint episodes?

Dubz

You know, that wouldn't be a problem if those people actually had the MMR/CSR of a Diamond player, but I kooked at your game history and the Gold player did worse than the 2 unplaced guys. It's pretty interesting that on the other team you also had an unplaced player, who completed 1 placement match. How do people get put into Diamond matches after 1 placement match (assuming he wasn't playing with a friend)? Even your teammates with 2 and 3 placement matches shouldn't be put into Diamond matches just yet.

Ranking system really needs more tweaking, especially since all the player are getting placed into Onyx after 10 placement matches. There is no way the system can know that you deserve the 2nd highest rank after 10 placement matches. SWAT suffers from that problem a lot, from what I have seen. Didn't we even have a guy who won 2/10 placement matches and was placed Onyx in SWAT?
I got placed in Onyx for swat and probably only won 3-4 matches. I also was the worst guy on the team most of the time.

Demise

So what's the opinion on the forerunner weapons in MP ?

Light rifle or DMR ?
Pistol or light pistol ?

ect ?? Someone kind enough to brief me a little ?

Spawn with an expensive energy sword, immediately run over by ultra ghost. Spawn with a whiplash, immediately run over by the same ghost.

Spawn and get killed by sword guy heading for a sneak armory. Spawn on said armory with ultra rare scattershot, proceed to POINT BLANK HIS DUMB ASS only for him live somehow, goodbye ultra rare scattershot.

Spawn with a banshee and get splasered two seconds after spawning in.

Sigh, It just infuriates me to save up for this stuff. Only to get handed some disgusting spawn which renders that coveted weapon useless as fuck. Warzone is fun in it's own right, but this stuff is just real annoying and makes me wish BTB was here with some real maps.

Light rifle or DMR ?
Pistol or light pistol ?

Light rifle WRECKS. Magnum is better than boltshot but I still pick up the boltshot because I'm a scrub and can't hit headshot consistently enough.

BraXzy

Light rifle or DMR ?
Pistol or light pistol ?

Personally, I'd always take the Magnum over Boltshot.

DMR vs Light Rifle is dependant on the situation, DMR is best long range. Light Rifle is great because it's a 3 shot kill if the first two shots are scoped.

Slash faster/comes out fast.

Also, weapons seem inconsistent as hell. I get one shotted by a shotgun quite a distance away, and I am seriously having to tag people twice point blank. Same goes for the SMG, tears me up every single time, mine is like a pea shooter at times. Is it variants? Server based (all US tonight)? I mean, come on already.

I've had this exact thing happen several times and have driven me nuts.

Figured it'd be something like that, I hope they put in some really cool armour in the future that requires a series of challenges ala getting Recon in H3 with the vidmasters.
I'd like to see more non-REQ ways of obtaining specific armours, or as someone suggested earlier, being able to spend a lot of points to buy a specific one you might want.

I'd be fine with more "cosmetic" stuff added as other means of revenue. Voice packs would be a cool one.
Yeh, its pretty inoffensive and something a lot of people would enjoy. It could also work in both Arena and Warzone.

Spawn with an expensive energy sword, immediately run over by ultra ghost. Spawn with a whiplash, immediately run over by the same ghost.

Spawn and get killed by sword guy heading for a sneak armory. Spawn on said armory with ultra rare scattershot, proceed to POINT BLANK HIS DUMB ASS only for him live somehow, goodbye ultra rare scattershot.

Sigh, It just infuriates me to save up for this stuff. Only to get handed some disgusting spawn which renders that coveted weapon useless as fuck. Warzone is fun in it's own right, but this stuff is just real annoying and makes me wish BTB was here with some real maps.
Again, had this happen to me

BraXzy

Too true haha :3

link1201

That's pretty awesome. I'd be tempted if it wasn't crazy expensive but I have no idea what 3D printing costs so ya know. Assuming this will be covered in the comm update when that comes out tonight.
I found the prices
Small, Medium and Large. $29.99, $49.99 & $89.99. Free shipping until December 6th.

Demise

Personally, I'd always take the Magnum over Boltshot.

DMR vs Light Rifle is dependant on the situation, DMR is best long range. Light Rifle is great because it's a 3 shot kill if the first two shots are scoped.

Ok thanks, what about the rifle forerunner thing (the one just behind the rocket on coliseum)
? Better than AR rifle and SMG ?

What about the UNSC Sniper and Covenent pistol ?

I get that same kind of luck when I spawn with a Sniper Rifle. It loves to spawn me right out in the open all the time.

Leyasu

Banned
This happened to some users for about 28 minutes this morning. Apologies for the brief negative experience.
Frankie, I don't know what you guys have done, but for last two days I have played every game on local servers and it has been absolutely fantastic. Thank you.

Please don't change it. BTB like that is going to be glorious. Can't wait.

Velikost

Binary rifle cert, some uncommon AR mod, loathsome thing cert, hellcat helmet, ravening sliver (sword cert). Pretty meh premium packs yet again.

Just save them. I'm not opening anymore until I've unlocked a fuckton from Bronze/Silver/Gold. Tired of opening my premiums and getting certifications.

BraXzy

Ok thanks, what about the rifle forerunner thing (the one just behind the rocket on coliseum)
? Better than AR rifle and SMG ?

What about the UNSC Sniper and Covenent pistol ?

Not a fan of the Suppressor personally. It's pretty good in campaign/warzone because it tracks weak points on Knights and such but I'd go with UNSC AR over it in Arena. It's good at close to mid range and don't forget it has a smart scope.

The UNSC Sniper will always be great, in this game it has pretty high magnetism to help land headshots so with a bit of practice you have a good chance of getting them. Don't forget descoping when hit is back in this game.

The Covenant pistol is great for the noob combo, but I wouldn't use it to single shot burst someone. Charge it up, fire it at someone to drop their shields and quickly switch to a pistol/BR to pop their head for the kill.

Theorry

Hmm. I'd be tempted on the small depending on how small it actually is.

Hopefully they ship to the UK.

"USA SHIPMENTS

Shipping times within the USA are typically 2 - 5 business days. We ship from Salt Lake City, Utah.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS

Shipping times to international destinations vary; please allow an additional 2 weeks. You are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, etc. required by your country for importing consumer goods. We do not collect this beforehand, and are unable to give you an estimate of the cost as it varies widely around the world."

No BTB yet? :(

Tomorrow I think?

Unrelated but I got placed in Onyx for SWAT which seems weird considering I'm between Gold and Diamond in all the other playlists and don't think I'm particularly good at SWAT... I did play almost all my placement matches against Onyx players and went positive in most of them so I don't think it's the wrong placement but is it just because the playlist population is lower than the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom