• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Looks like we'll be able to 3D print our spartan.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/666378232271269888

Awesome. I just recently ordered a statue of a character from the game my company makes. It's pretty ballin, you can customise stuff so much. Halo statues from them should be sweet.

Custom options should be similar:

2kvfHZC.png

Getting superman lunged all the time. How do these people know their melee is gonna span 3 meters?

Cashed in a ultra rare vehicle, got a gauss hog. Nobody hopped on, I drive it to a vantage point and I get sniped out of it. Then see the same two jackasses who were baseraping us with a damage boost oni warthog earlier use it to put us behind even more.

God bless 343.

BraXzy

Awesome. I just recently ordered a statue of a character from the game my company makes. It's pretty ballin, you can customise stuff so much. Halo statues from them should be sweet.

Custom options should be similar:

Yeah from the quick look I had, there seemed to be a tonne of options. From the looks of the trailer, you can pick one of the in-game stances on top of choosing your own customized Spartan which is pretty sweet. And I assume like with other figures on the site you can pick your own base plate and stuff.

RobNBanks

Banned
Getting superman lunged all the time. How do these people know their melee is gonna span 3 meters?

Cashed in a ultra rare vehicle, got a gauss hog. Nobody hopped on, I drive it to a vantage point and I get sniped out of it. Then see the same two jackasses who were baseraping us with a damage boost oni warthog earlier use it to put us behind even more.

God bless 343.

it's not 343's fault that for some reason no one ever wants to get on the turret. People are just idiots and don't want free kills.

i have so many warthogs i'll never use :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frankie, I don't know what you guys have done, but for last two days I have played every game on local servers and it has been absolutely fantastic. Thank you.

Please don't change it. BTB like that is going to be glorious. Can't wait.

Where are you based? We're still tuning that and trying to make improvements for all regions.

tuna_love

Banned

God bless 343.
How is that 343s fault?

You should try playing Assault. I get frustrated with regular WZ as well since you usually get matched with idiots but Assault is really fun once you stop caring about winning.

I've started using a ghost in regular WZ to scout for and kill enemies that are trying to killsteal bosses, it works quite well most of the time.

Your problem is you were playing Warzone instead of Warzone assault...

It's a much more streamlined game mode (no stolen boss kills) and works perfectly for trying to hone your precision skills by constantly putting you into combat with other Spartans.

It's basically 6-18 minutes of halo target practice.

Thanks.

I'll try it out when I cool off and take a week off from Halo to enjoy Tomb Raider.

I already sold all my weapon and vehicle REQ cards bought a ton of golds and got some cool purple customization cards, which will be fun to show up in customs with friends.

BraXzy

Where are you based? We're still tuning that and trying to make improvements for all regions.

Occasionally feel like I have a slight delay against others in game. Usually when queueing in the evening here in the UK getting matched with US folk.

Gonna watch Live at the Apollo. I expect the sprint eps to be up when I'm done watching, or else.

first arena match in about 3 or 4 days and my aiming was so bad, thought I left speed on 4 or 5 but it was at default 3... lol pls #RemoveAimAcceleration :(

good fun though we won by 2 points, one guy was 2 and 12 on our team though.

Obscured

Spawn with an expensive energy sword, immediately run over by ultra ghost. Spawn with a whiplash, immediately run over by the same ghost.

Spawn and get killed by sword guy heading for a sneak armory. Spawn on said armory with ultra rare scattershot, proceed to POINT BLANK HIS DUMB ASS only for him live somehow, goodbye ultra rare scattershot.

Spawn with a banshee and get splasered two seconds after spawning in.

Sigh, It just infuriates me to save up for this stuff. Only to get handed some disgusting spawn which renders that coveted weapon useless as fuck. Warzone is fun in it's own right, but this stuff is just real annoying and makes me wish BTB was here with some real maps.

I finally realized that if I really need to spawn safely I need to just spawn at the base, unless the match is going such a way that I know that and area is clear. I was a little annoyed when that kind of thing would happen to me, but the I would take it as a sign to quit rushing wherever I was trying to go, which was typically trying to prevent a cap on Amory or Spire (For some reason it always seems to be the Spire that gets me killed).

I hope there are more Warzone maps in the future. I actually haven't gotten tired of playing on these, there are enough different areas of the maps to be interesting for me, but I'd like to see some more variety as time goes on.

I am still looking forward to seeing BTB as well.

Trup1aya

I shared this game clip with the Halo subreddit earlier today, they seemed to like it so I decided I'd share this here as well.

I finally got the certification for Active Camo for Warzone, been making some big sneaky plays with it lately. Won the game by being a Ninja. ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A3NaFzMqhs

Haha, that was tense man. Reminded me of "all ghillied up" in COD 4. Especially just before you got into the base and had to sidestep the enemy Spartan.

If you ever are so 'lucky' to get the ultra rare scattershot 'a loathsome thing', don't be sad about selling it. A shotgun that can't kill at point blank (despite supposedly doing more damage) and thus gets thrashed on by SMGs. Eastly RP from now on.

If you ever are so 'lucky' to get the ultra rare scattershot 'a loathsome thing', don't be sad about selling it. A shotgun that can't kill at point blank (despite supposedly doing more damage) and thus gets thrashed on by SMGs. Eastly RP from now on.

I sell all my shotgun type weapons because they feel way too slow and heavy compared to say someone spraying an AR and killing you faster then it takes to shoot two shotgun shells.

Swords are a fun novelty but otherwise sell them too

Ballistik

Ranking system is so addicting... always has me saying one more game when I'm playing well. I got placed in Platinum for Slayer on day one, and now I'm 2 games away from being Onyx. Still, I can't understand how some people are so good at the game, I've been pouring a lot of time into getting good but I feel I screw up too often. I've been getting better at playing smart, but I still have an issue to consistently land my shots. I'll pretend and blame it's the aiming issue with the controllers but I don't know... maybe this is just as good as I can get. Regardless... I can't stop playing this game.

belushy

Banned
Those last two sprint episodes were supposed to come out today and... nothing yet.

I'm interested in what they are about.

Can't wait to try those new Light Rifles out.

BraXzy

Those last two sprint episodes were supposed to come out today and... nothing yet.

I'm interested in what they are about.

I hope they haven't forgotten about them :3

Hoping it touches upon launch and what they've been doing as they react to feedback.

Have people actually read that post?

'Nothing new'?

3D print your spartan
Faster levelling in Warzone Assault (enabling access to better Reqs)
Halo Custom Game search
Improved Post Match report including medals and more
SWAT re-spawn time increased to 3 seconds and removing friendly fire
Identifying players who are exploting/REQ pack cheesing

And a lot more. OK the info on the new maps and BTB are not all that new, but there is plenty of info in there if you have a good read.

Blueblur1

I read today's update. But what I'm really looking forward to is the aiming fix and the additional aiming options.

Edit: Those additional post-game carnage report stats needed to be added to the game first and foremost.

Ah i was expecting more info than what we seen on the sneak peek. Well im being entitled right now lolm
Cant wait to jump in btb. Warzone assault should be interesting with req available a lot faster now.

I dont get how halo customs search works if its not in the ui of halo 5. You gotta use some website???

shoreu

'Nothing new'?

3D print your spartan
Halo Custom Game search

And a lot more. OK the info on the new maps and BTB are not all that new, but there is plenty of info in there if you have a good read.

to me lmfao i read some of this stuff on twitter and some of the other stuff leaked out. Not trying to be negative.

BraXzy

'Nothing new'?

3D print your spartan
Halo Custom Game search

The bolded I'm not sure about. It's pretty vaguely worded but it sounds like the extra post game stuff is only gonna be on Waypoint.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

'Nothing new'?

3D print your spartan
Halo Custom Game search

The fact that a triple A, first party developer can't give an actual release date other than "check our social media for a few days", is really bad form. A joke even.

Spend some of that REQ income on a a scheduler.

fuck why was there a GOLD in my platinum 6 match...

I hate this matchmaking sometimes, he might be with his friends but don't pair them up with solo players like myself. This is why we need a casual slayer playlist.

Velcoro

why the fuck was there an onxy in my platinum game? :\ he stomped us

I don't understand the ranking sometimes either. I'm only a Diamond 4 but today got matched with 2 Champions in Breakout. We still lost the match but they weren't even that good. I expected to get destroyed but we lost 4-5.

BraXzy

'Nothing new'?

In fairness, the 3D printing got Tweeted out earlier. Most of the tweaks were confirmed or briefly mentioned last comm update and we knew the maps were coming it was just a nice read to get some thoughts on the stuff.

Only major thing for me in the post was the Customs stuff which is pretty sweet.

And yeah a lack of a solid date still is still a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom