• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scattershot needs to be a better weapon for bouncing around corners, right now it's just a weaker shotgun and that's how everyone seems to use it online. Needs to be more like the unreal flak cannon with shards of death that fill up tight areas with death, maybe have more of a bounce count and particle life.

I still dislike how light weapons are all needlers too, it's boring.

Caja 117

I would like to know if the social playlist is going to have a soft matching by skills, it would be better like this.

Im very exited about the upcoming update, lots of new stuff, I really need to play warzone more, I like it, but, none of my friends are into it, they just like the Arena.

JackHerer

The scattershot needs to be a better weapon for bouncing around corners, right now it's just a weaker shotgun and that's how everyone seems to use it online. Needs to be more like the unreal flak cannon with shards of death that fill up tight areas with death, maybe have more of a bounce count and particle life.

Totally agree. The shotgun is far superior to the scatter. In Warzone I have the ultra rare scattershot and even that is crap compared to even a vanilla shotty. The projectiles should travel faster and ricochet more.

I don't know if this was posted but here is some early concept art UI

bc8b5529909697.560a3adeacb2e.jpg

06905a29909697.560a3adeadeb9.jpg

Looks better than what we got :(
I hope to god that Narrows, Beaver Creek, and Multi-Team returns based on those shots.

Trup1aya

Yeah. At mid range, the Boltshot just plays like a BR that requires less skill. They should have kept the charge capability. Since Promethean vision is gone, it wouldn't be Op

Caja 117

Sorry I was on Mobile and couldn't link. I realize they're early shots but one can hope.

Im guessing that the one from Beaver Creek is the one that looks like a base been edited (it kind of looks like it)?

And is all good, if they were on the development phase, It only give me high hope that they will be included on a later release.

m23

I don't think those shots are anything to go by in terms of possible future content. Considering it says Infinity Slayer at the top, I think these are very early concepts. I also remember 343 saying they won't be doing remakes of old Halo maps, aside from Truth and I guess Forge maps.

Don't get your hopes up. Not to mention Beaver Creek would be a completely broken map in Halo 5.

Interesting early concept for the Req packs. This was used to pitch the initial idea, I like the idea of themed crates rather than just generic card packs... But this concept at least is super dull compared to what we have now. It's a lot more bright and shiny and fun to open what we currently have which is obviously more enticing etc etc.

I get what that concept is going for, but... no way. Hell, no. It looks ridiculous, no way in hell could that UI actually run at a decent framerate combined with all the other game stuff going on, and all of the typos are just ridiculous.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Great update. Can't wait to see more of the new maps, especially overgrowth (I love the aesthetic and plazas flow). And of course forge. I'll spend hours building maps that I'll never get to play!

What's the most efficient way to farm req points?

Varies, of course, but I don't give a shit about REQ armaments so what I typically do is play Warzone Assault nonstop. I've gotten most of my common stuff, so I'll generally alternate between Silver and Gold packs and sell virtually everything outside of the occasional Certification threebie freebies and XP / RP boosts.

Caja 117

I don't think those shots are anything to go by in terms of possible future content. Considering it says Infinity Slayer at the top, I think these are very early concepts. I also remember 343 saying they won't be doing remakes of old Halo maps, aside from Truth and I guess Forge maps.

Don't get your hopes up. Not to mention Beaver Creek would be a completely broken map in Halo 5.

You, know, You could have just not posted and let me kept my hopes, instead of crushing them relentlessly.

Also, I believe that Beaver Creek would work as much as Midship would, so if there is ever a Beaver creek in Halo 5, it would had been made with changes on the layout.

You, know, You could have just not posted and let me kept my hopes, instead of crushing them relentlessly.

Also, I believe that Beaver Creek would work as much as Midship would, so if there is ever a Beaver creek in Halo 5, it would had been made with changes on the layout.
I feel the exact same, truth plays great no reason other maps can't be carried over.

I'm a Platinum 1.

Why. The fuck. Am I playing. With Diamonds.

IMO there's not much of a skill difference in between the two. I've gotten platinum in a few placings and diamond in a few placings. Most games you'll be playing platinums and diamonds so it's roughly the same league of players.

Strider

IMO there's not much of a skill difference in between the two. I've gotten platinum in a few placings and diamond in a few placings. Most games you'll be playing platinums and diamonds so it's roughly the same league of players.

It's dependent on which playlist you are in but there is absolutely a siginificant difference between Diamond and Platinum within specific playlists. If you're talking Platinum in Slayer then Diamond in FFa or something then yea you may not notice a difference because FFa rankings are inflated...

But I started at Plat 1 and now shift around Diamond 3-6 for a while in slayer... When I get matched up with Platinums I can notice within a couple minutes based on their movements, awareness and shot accuracy... And I can notice when I get matched up against Onyx players too based on the same thing. The difference is very significant and very noticeable between tiers.

That's the main reason I climbed out of Platinum so fast and why I've been stuck in Diamond for 300 games now.

Glad a lot of the playlists will be reset. As they called this pre season and a lot of ppl were placed higher than their actual skill. So come the reset well see more ppl across the board probably. Hopefully. Lol

Leyasu

Banned
First time on for a couple of days and I know what I have been missing. I love this game. Server selection was top today as well. Even though I was soloing btb it was amazing.

Can't wait for the update. Come on 343, let me buy cosmetic stuff that I want please.

Edit I'm off now until 2pm CET tomorrow, but if any UK/EU players want to add me.

Van Winkel x.

Yeah. At mid range, the Boltshot just plays like a BR that requires less skill. They should have kept the charge capability. Since Promethean vision is gone, it wouldn't be Op

The charge shot was no different to running around with a shotgun to me, I never understood the full hate it got.

Boltshot could have been tweaked to be better but nope they completely changed it, it makes the name Boltshot not sound right for that weapon.

link1201

I would like to know if the social playlist is going to have a soft matching by skills, it would be better like this.

I'd be ok if they just hid the Rank and used the same MM process. The games in Halo 5 have been some of the best I've played.

clav

Warzone Assault is so inconsistent.

How do you have level 30+ scrubs who play this match and don't know how to aim?

Also that Spire map needs to be taken out ASAP.

NOKYARD

If I had to guess, we'll be receiving a kinda-sorta-not-really even distribution of modes across Warzone and Arena, e.g. Grifball (and by proxy Assault) & Warzone Bomb coming out concurrently.
Could be.

Grifball has more in common with Ricochet than with Assault. In fact the Grifball community abandoned the built-in Grifball variant in favour of Ricochet within months of it's release. Wouldn't it be ironic if the community had to reverse engineer Assault from Grifball this time around?

Grifball and Infection alongside more conventional slayer types like Shotty Snipers and the like would make a good Action Sack playlist...
I can't see this happening. Both the Grifball and Infection communities would be infuriated if their variants were diluted and buried within another playlist. When people play Infection in MM they want to ONLY play infection.

The only time this has been successful was when two Grifball variants were folded into the Halo 3 Action Sack post-sustain graveyard playlist.

Infection and Grifball should be regular and permanent Weekend Playlists to see their highest populations. Action Sack should be a regular playlist.

My ideal weekend rotation would look like this:

Weekend 1: Waypoint poll, as they do now.
Weekend 2: Grifball
Weekend 3: Cartographer's Community Forge Showcase (more on this later)
Weekend 4: Infection
For the rare month with a 5th weekend (2016 January, April, July, September): HCS Playlist

Akai__

I'm saving up all my REQ points, so I can buy tons of Silver packs (maybe even some Golds) when the "CARTOGRAPHER'S GIFT" DLC releases. 10 days minimum left, so that will be a coupple REQ packs.

Anyone doing the same? There's a coupple things that I want from the DLC, Mark IV included.

clav

Is there a way to report BM? Why doesn't the game show who's talking? People talk trash in lobbies and in between the fight scenes because they can silently bully with anonymity.

CS: GO already does this. Why doesn't 343 learn from the best?

tootsi666

Is there a way to report BM? Why doesn't the game show who's talking? People talk trash in lobbies and in between the fight scenes because they can silently bully with anonymity.

CS: GO already does this. Why doesn't 343 learn from the best?
Those reports do nothing in CSGO but there is no reason to not seeing who is talking in the lobby.

Trup1aya

I'm saving up all my REQ points, so I can buy tons of Silver packs (maybe even some Golds) when the "CARTOGRAPHER'S GIFT" DLC releases. 10 days minimum left, so that will be a coupple REQ packs.

Anyone doing the same? There's a coupple things that I want from the DLC, Mark IV included.

No I don't save. I'm trying to get as much of the existing stuff as I can. That way, when the DLC drops, I won't still be getting older req items.

Trup1aya

The charge shot was no different to running around with a shotgun to me, I never understood the full hate it got.

Boltshot could have been tweaked to be better but nope they completely changed it, it makes the name Boltshot not sound right for that weapon.

Well, previously. The Boltshot allowed you to spawn with 1sk weapon. Coupled with Promethean vision, you were essentially unstoppable.

Now that it's a pickup and we can see through walls, the old function would work just fine.

Akai__

Hey, next time please embed a 100MB gif. I don't think this one is big enough.

No I don't save. I'm trying to get as much of the existing stuff as I can. That way, when the DLC drops, I won't still be getting older req items.

I feel pretty confident about that. I have plenty of stuff unlocked from Bronza and Silver packs already. I think my chances are higher, if I do it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom