• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootsi666

Any servers in the Azores or Galapagos islands? Lol

Seriously, I am interested in seeing how this shakes out.
European teams are gonna play against european teams when playing online matches, NA teams against NA teams etc.

That's how it works in every other eSport. Why would it be different in Halo?

Edit. Oh you mean international teams. My bad

Leyasu

Banned
European teams are gonna play against european teams when playing online matches, NA teams against NA teams etc.

That's how it works in every other eSport. Why would it be different in Halo?
I've never watched e sports before. But If so that should be pretty good. When does it all start?

No, you was right first time mate.

I think that spawn is an error and yes they need to fix it, i've had that spawn 2 or 3 times and I'll get a splatterspree with the ghost because of it within a minute of the match starting.
It is. I just played the map again, strongholds on red team and our guy spawns on their side. Looks like its everytime, so red team has a guy near blue ghost.

You can, asfaik, it is just hidden. If people don't back out the lobby tends to roll on.

I kind of wondered if this was how it worked - but I still RARELY see any people stick around for subsequent games.

Whereas I pretty much roll on for at least a few matches (hoping to play with the same people :/ ).

I was desperately inviting people. My buddy was party leader and pretty impatient, so started the next match right away. Should have waited a little longer. Sorry about that.

Also, that update where it shows what people actually do and how long they are into the match can't come soon enough.

Hey man no worries, another time.

I was pretty underwhelmed by Team Snipers in this game; lack of a beam rifle or any secondary weapon/grenades leaves the mode feeling extremely singular and stale. Speaking of which, I don't think I've even seen the the beam rifle in Arena.

Bessy67

I think I've gotten to the point where I'm just about ready to shelve this game for now. I'm not that great at the game and I'm somehow always paired with teammates that are considerably worse, so it's getting to be more frustrating than fun. I'm keeping it in the hopes that they'll add some new content to entice me (firefight), but that might just be a pipe dream.

I wonder if when they bring firefight its like an evolution that is so goooood we cant believe it.

Probably wont be until the june update. Like the icing on the cake and thats it except weekly/monthly playlist updates rotations.

Trup1aya

ggs guys, fun Warzone matches :]

This is the scenario where you feel robbed when the enemy gets the lucky last shot on a boss lol. Dominate an area all you want, but all it takes is one stray bullet, one pesky Banshee, one guy hanging out with a Spartan Laser for 2 minutes, etc. to steal a boss kill and all your map control was for nothing.

That's what I'm saying. They were so busy trying to get close to or get angles on the Warden, that we were killing them easily. I don't think they done any damage at all. The two players on my team took him out uncontested.

They were also blowing there energy on expensive weaponry, only to never get to use it... And it didn't hurt that the bases we had captured meant they had a long trek AND we knew where they were generally coming from.

BraXzy

Halo Championship ladder goes up in a few hours. It's officially starting right? Do we have an OT? Are we bothering with one?

Strider

Halo Championship ladder goes up in a few hours. It's officially starting right? Do we have an OT? Are we bothering with one?

Even if there was a thread anything related to HCS I'd just post in here anyway... Maybe make a gaming side thread for the final event or something but I don't see the need to make one now.

Random17

I'm unable to record the crashing glitch as both the ingame DVR and the Win 10 version fail to save a clip as a result of the crash. Shadowplay doesn't record it properly either, for some reason with Windows 10 streaming.

:/

While I'm really enjoying team snipers, it's a shame they don't try using the btb maps. Could understand why they don't have the beam rifle as a drop, thing was pretty op in halo 4 snipers. Though since it's not a power weapon in any maps I haven't gotten to use it all that much. Hoping they will change up the power weapon spawns at some point to keep maps seem fresh or play differently.

Hatchtag

Banned
When you're going 20-10 and your team almost throws the game ...

The comeback was real though.

when you're up 2-1 in CTF, your team grabs the flag, but the guy just sits in your base not claiming it for several minutes, eventually dies, flag's reset and the other team makes a comeback. that shits disgusting.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone else still have disconnect problems? Happens to me every once in a while and kills my desire to play. No other game I play has problems.

What happened to Battlefront 3? Did it's population drop really rapidly lately or has halo 5 eclipsed it.

It has the gameplay depth of tissue paper and I like Battlefront. Halo is a much better option though, I'd imagine Battlefront is doing well on Playstation.

when you're up 2-1 in CTF, your team grabs the flag, but the guy just sits in your base not claiming it for several minutes, eventually dies, flag's reset and the other team makes a comeback. that shits disgusting.

or even better - when you are hiding with their flag in your base, and all three of your stupid teammates are just sitting there guarding you (while your flag is away / taken).

oh, Halo.

Velcoro

I think when they initially talked about seasons they said it would only be select playlists. So it's possible that it's new playlists or some of the existing ones.

Im going to assume team arena, slayer and breakout will reset every month.

Yeah I'm assuming they're going to just keep rotating the playlists during the seasons then. But someone on waypoint forum said that it'll be an individual playlist. Guess we'll find out.

"When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

Hatchtag

Banned
Either I'm stupid or the game glitched up and didn't let me score my flag. The fuck. That ruined that game for me. First game I've ever left in Halo 5.

Laws00

I have a question.

I FUCKING HATE SNIPERS WITH A PASSION.

So we got this playlist again.

I didn't qualify the last time it was up.

Does anybody know if the ranks reset for weekend playlist or do they stay?

Karl2177

I have a question.

I FUCKING HATE SNIPERS WITH A PASSION.

So we got this playlist again.

I didn't qualify the last time it was up.

Does anybody know if the ranks reset for weekend playlist or do they stay?

Last time it was shotty snipers, now it is just snipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom