• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

The boltshot charge would also probably be a lot less effective now that we have thrust and slide. I wouldn't mind seeing it return because right now it's a pretty shit weapon.

Hey, next time please embed a 100MB gif. I don't think this one is big enough.

I'll meet you halfway:

gosmksq.gif

Computer

The first online ladder for the Halo World Championship starts tomorrow. If anyone is looking to follow the HCS I have a weekly show called HCS Now that will fill you in on the latest news. We discuss the latest news, team changes, team rivalries, rumors, and conduct pro player interviews. It is the only weekly HCS show that I know of. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hYeubqZlkGheM1o4culkQ

ead12229909697.560a3adeb8715.jpg

afd69329909697.560f8870b0348.jpg

Sorry I was on Mobile and couldn't link. I realize they're early shots but one can hope.

They said in the update if you have any UI suggestions to post it. Well.....

ead12229909697.560a3adeb8715.jpg

afd69329909697.560f8870b0348.jpg

Sorry I was on Mobile and couldn't link. I realize they're early shots but one can hope.

Man that UI looks so cool there. And it seems like armor and stance are actually visible, unlike now where theyre irrelevant. What happened?

1 warzone
1 arena remix
2 forge btb maps

Another remix and another 2 forge maps. Still BTB doesnt have a single real fully created map.

That's exactly what I expected after they kept the BTB maps hidden in the announcement video.

Whoever is in charge of these decisions please observe my two middle fingers.

Glass

The first online ladder for the Halo World Championship starts tomorrow. If anyone is looking to follow the HCS I have a weekly show called HCS Now that will fill you in on the latest news. We discuss the latest news, team changes, team rivalries, rumors, and conduct pro player interviews. It is the only weekly HCS show that I know of. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hYeubqZlkGheM1o4culkQ

Sounds good thanks. There's alot going on with all the ladders and such which I havn't totally understood yet so a youtube show for it is going to be great.

Glass

Todays Halo 5 session was meh. Got like 28K REQ points, but nobody wanted to join, except Taylor and his buddy. We had a 9 people squad yesterday and it was awesome.

If you're around tomorrow I'll be down. Finaly day to get the HCS pack, I'm sure GAF can get a good group going.

Leyasu

Banned
Good luck to the international teams getting decent servers during the qualifiers for the HCS. I hope that they are atleast goingto make it fair for EVERYONE?!

Yup 80K too much, garbage limited timeframe to get more people to purchase.

Yea I'm just not going to buy digital accessories thats just not where I am in life. I would like to spend time playing the game for it though.

Oh well. Cant win em all.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yup 80K too much, garbage limited timeframe to get more people to purchase.

Yea I'm just not going to buy digital accessories thats just not where I am in life. I would like to spend time playing the game for it though.

Oh well. Cant win em all.

It's almost like it was specifically designed to pump money into the HCS prize pool.

Vico

Was working my way up to the 80K REQs.
Was at 30K when I told myself: "this is not worth it", and I just spent everything on silver packs.

Strider

It's almost like it was specifically designed to pump money into the HCS prize pool.

So much This.

The HCS pack exists solely to fund the tournament and is not meant to be purchased with req points. I'm surprised it's even an option.

It's similar to a Dota 2 compendium in that you buy it if and only if you want to support Halo e-sports. The skins need to be looked upon as a bonus of sorts.

If you don't care about the tournament do not buy it and put your 80k points toward other packs... Those 80k points are going to get much better value from silver and golds anyway.

After playing this game continuously over the weekend I can now say that it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that this game is tanking population numbers. 343 have made the disastrous error of basically saying that if you choose to play solo, your experience doesn't matter. Full teams in BTB playing randoms. Full teams in Warzone. Full teams in Team Slayer. Full teams in Arena. I'd go as far to say that the decision to not implement party matching and allow teams to play two's and randoms is the single gravest threat to the longevity of this game's multiplayer. And for Christ's sake tone down the automatics a touch.

Todays Halo 5 session was meh. Got like 28K REQ points, but nobody wanted to join, except Taylor and his buddy. We had a 9 people squad yesterday and it was awesome.

The ol' classic receive the inv mid-game, accept it when I'm out and you're mid-game, wait a few minutes for someone to drop on your team, no one does etc

clav

Warzone is infuriating with strangers.

I can't recall how many times I've had teammates walk pass enemies to their right.

Akai__

The ol' classic receive the inv mid-game, accept it when I'm out and you're mid-game, wait a few minutes for someone to drop on your team, no one does etc

I was desperately inviting people. My buddy was party leader and pretty impatient, so started the next match right away. Should have waited a little longer. Sorry about that.

Also, that update where it shows what people actually do and how long they are into the match can't come soon enough.

Boss after boss we were dominating without an enemy in sight, yet somehow the enemies got every one lmfao

There should be a split in points in two tiers for the bosses:
Damage Accrued
Kill Shot​
If they care more about the kill shot, have 75% of points go to that team with the other 25% to the team that does the most damage. That would be much better than what we have now in my opinion, that way at least the team that does all the work doesn't feel as robbed if they don't get the one bullet that counts.

Boss after boss we were dominating without an enemy in sight, yet somehow the enemies got every one lmfao

Damage Accrued
Kill Shot​
If they care more about the kill shot, have 75% of points go to that team with the other 25% to the team that does the most damage. That would be much better than what we have now in my opinion, that way at least the team that does all the work doesn't feel as robbed if they don't get the one bullet that counts.

I suggested this a while ago, although I'd prefer a larger share to most damage. I think stealing bosses is a fun mechanic in MOBAs but it's just so much easier to do it in Halo due to all the powerful long range weapons that it needs to be modified a bit to work well.

Glass

Argh, couldn't use REQs all game, then the entire game crashes to dashboard after a hard fought 20 minute game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Jazzy, I just want you to know that I feel perfectly fine after eating that turkey.

Anilusion

So why is it possible to capture the Armory when the objective is to capture the Garage, and capping the armory moves our spawnpoint back to the core and they basically get garage for free. Fuck that shit.

Trup1aya

Damage Accrued
Kill Shot​

I think people just have to get out of the mindset that rushing to do a ton of damage is productive.

Knowing that only the kill shot matters why do we still see teams who's "strategy" is to simply unload as much ammunition at the boss as possible and hope for the best.

The team I was on earlier needed a legendary boss kill in order to try to mount a comeback. We had 2 players focused on killing the warden. Everyone else was scouring the area for enemy Spartans trying to steal the kill.

It was like fish in the barrel at that point, as they knew they needed to steal the kill to save the game, so they were more focused on getting to the warden than they were on protecting themselves.

Doing a lot of Damage to the warden quickly shouldn't be priority.

ggs guys, fun Warzone matches :]
The team I was on earlier needed a legendary boss kill in order to try to mount a comeback. We had 2 players focused on killing the warden. Everyone else was scouring the area for enemy Spartans trying to steal the kill.

It was like fish in the barrel at that point, as they knew they needed to steal the kill to save the game, so they were more focused on getting to the warden than they were on protecting themselves.
This is the scenario where you feel robbed when the enemy gets the lucky last shot on a boss lol. Dominate an area all you want, but all it takes is one stray bullet, one pesky Banshee, one guy hanging out with a Spartan Laser for 2 minutes, etc. to steal a boss kill and all your map control was for nothing.

Argh, couldn't use REQs all game, then the entire game crashes to dashboard after a hard fought 20 minute game.

The game is so built around having connections to things that the moment req's can't connect the game is prone to crashing soon after, it's so annoying.

Even booting up the game while there is no internet connection throws shit in your face about your profile and stuff.

They seriously need to fix the spawns on deadlock (btb map with satelite dishes).

Everytime its slayer, ive noticed they will often spawn one red team player at north tunnel of blue base to start the game. They instantly grab the ghost and its now red team dominant on vehicles to start the game. Wtf?? How do you spawn a red team at blue base to start a match period? This has happened 3 times today so it's not just a one time issue.

The regular spawns on that map are the worst ive seen in the game. I loved this map too and still like it, but they need to look at spawn starts seriously.

They seriously need to fix the spawns on deadlock (btb map with satelite dishes).

Everytime its slayer, ive noticed they will often spawn one red team player at north tunnel of blue base to start the game. They instantly grab the ghost and its now red team dominant on vehicles to start the game. Wtf?? How do you spawn a red team at blue base to start a match period? This has happened 3 times today so it's not just a one time issue.

The regular spawns on that map are the worst ive seen in the game. I loved this map too and still like it, but they need to look at spawn starts seriously.

I think that spawn is an error and yes they need to fix it, i've had that spawn 2 or 3 times and I'll get a splatterspree with the ghost because of it within a minute of the match starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom