• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

So there hosting a live stream to show off the december update next Friday (12/11 at 3 PM PDT) with the update coming the week after (no offical date given)

dec-cu-req-poster-preview-extrablur-011c2dff865840429ee25fa6817e4468.jpg

Some interesting stuff, but first: if SPNKR isn't a variant on the basic RL, that might mean that it's usable in Forge?

I think it does.

BraXzy

Some great stuff in that update, some of the stuff we've asked for going in. Especially UI changes like callouts staying on screen when dead, req energy cost shown in collection etc.

For the new page:

File Share Confirmed

At launch, Forge will support a basic implementation of File Browser, which will allow you to bookmark, play, and share maps and modes created by players on your active roster. This doesn’t require a “mutual” friendship, but only that you follow the player you want to grab a map from. From the player details page, you’ll be able to view a player’s files and their bookmarks. To grab a map or mode, simply bookmark the file, and it’ll be ready to play in custom games or open up in Forge.

Live Community Update Stream next week

But, there’s plenty more Forge ahead. On next week’s Halo Livestream community update (in case you’re skimming, it’s Friday, 12/11 at 3 PM PDT on Halo Channel & Twitch.tv/Halo), we’ll be talking with the Forge team, showing off new features, and also taking your community questions. Be sure to join us!

Update releasing week of Dec 15 along with Seasons

The January 2016 Season will begin with the Cartographer’s Gift update (set to drop the week of December 15) and end on January 31, which will make the first season a little over a month long. Moving forward, we’re going to keep an eye on feedback regarding season length.

SOCIAL PLAYLISTS finally.

Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows.

FFA 6 Player Count

Over the past month, the multiplayer team has been playtesting tons of FFA in order to get the experience just right, and come the Cartographer’s Gift update and the January 2016 Season, Halo 5 FFA will be moving to 6 players.

Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows. We know you also want a mix of non-BTB social modes, and we’ll have a mix of currently available modes in a social playlist too - more on that next week.

And there it is.

Strider

Some of you have noticed the ranking distribution for the SWAT and FFA playlists was a bit skewed, causing lots of players to end up in Onyx. We’ve confirmed this was occurring, and to correct this we have made adjustments to the CSR curve for these playlists. Additionally, the Multiplayer team has made some changes to placement match logic to address the issue of players placing too high across all playlists

I mentioned just recently FFA playlist rankings seemed inflated as hell lol My Onyx didn't feel deserved at all.

Also it's going to 6 players...Maybe I'll actually like FFA now

BraXzy

And, to the few dozen of you who were awarded 343 weapon skins for a short period yesterday, we expect to see you in the studio by Monday morning. In total, 57 Assault Rifle and 44 Magnums were given out, and if you were one of the lucky recipients, these are yours to keep. As a note, no 343 emblems have been awarded, so if you run into a player with a 343 emblem, you can be sure that you’re indeed teaming with or going up against a 343 employee.

Noooo, I never got it to drop :'(

RIP

Strider

UI updates sound really nice too. Hopefully I'll be around to catch the stream on Friday

The update overall seems soooo good
goodjob.gif

BraXzy

I got super excited when I first saw that infographic with three maps, then remembered the two BTB maps. Still cool, but almost started freaking out xD

It sounds like there's some little bits and bobs yet to be revealed so I hope some other stuff like challenges/req jackpots or something is mentioned, even as a "we hear ya, we're working on it."

Other than that, they covered most of what I hoped for with a little extra on top. Just a shame the file browser isn't a full on browser. At least you can follow the big map makers in the community and see their stuff at any point. Looking forward to what's in store at least.

But seriously, they better mention Oddball, Griffball and the like.

Fuchsdh

Update looks pretty good. File Share is sort of on par with H4/MCC style, but they acknowledge that it should get evolved as well as Forge itself.

Also, more info coming to the roster:

Friend Status will now be visible from the Friends list so you can see what your buddies are doing in Halo 5: Guardians.

This is good news.

I'm sad Overgrowth doesn't have more open areas like that concept art though. Looks damn pretty.

link1201

There’s even more coming down the UI pipeline based on your feedback, but I’m told I cannot talk about these things just yet. In due time.
This bit here is pretty exciting. I hope we get a UI overhaul.

Really solid update. Looking forward to the livestream.

Also YAY for 6 player FFA!

That got me excited hope they can deliver all this content they've promised and have it be relatively glitch-free launch in December-January.

Seems they hit a lot of issues we've been whining about so maybe they are listening this game.

Reading the 80K HCS pack goes away Sunday made me sad there's just no way I can grind that much this weekend as I work Saturday and need to get a tree. Plus spending money on req still seems crazy to me, I'm not that rich.

Fuchsdh

And now it makes a little more sense.

noctus-design-02-f925e142b88b4f66ac60a322120f06e6.jpg

Curious to see what/any changes got made to the layout of the bases. Now that the garages aren't central structures, I'd imagine they're going to have a lot fewer firing lines.

Yeah having the garages as secondary buildings will play very interestingly indeed. My gut reaction is that it would be much harder to successfully capture the enemy's. Might make it much more about control and domination versus trying to go for the core.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That got me excited hope they can deliver all this content they've promised and have it be relatively glitch-free launch in December-January.

Seems they hit a lot of issues we've been whining about so maybe they are listening this game.

Reading the 80K HCS pack goes away Sunday made me sad there's just no way I can grind that much this weekend as I work Saturday and need to get a tree. Plus spending money on req still seems crazy to me, I'm not that rich.

$10 brah

BraXzy

Sorry to harp on about it, but I really really hope they can implement something like this custom game browser in the future, on top of individual file shares. It would make the game so perfect once everything is in.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Yeah having the garages as secondary buildings will play very interestingly indeed. My gut reaction is that it would be much harder to successfully capture the enemy's. Might make it much more about control and domination versus trying to go for the core.

There are also alleys behind both garages and paths underneath the roadway. Looking forward to seeing how his map plays out in the wild.

I wonder if Antifreeze is Sidewinder? It was one of the maps on the Forge white board in the Sprint. I really wish they would make an actual Sidewinder remake that's not Forge though.

Mk. IV looks good, although I'm sad Mk. V still isn't there it's nice there's some good armors to rotate, Athlon and Noble are my go to right now.

Strider

I wonder if Antifreeze is Sidewinder? It was one of the maps on the Forge white board in the Sprint. I really wish they would make an actual Sidewinder remake out of Forge though.

I hope so. Sounds lame but Sidewinder really brings back the split screen/lan memories for me. Had some great moments on that map.

Glass

6 player FFA fuck yes. Great update. Content aside, lots of little changes here and there adding up to a lot. Going to be a slow 10 days. The last stream was a fun watch, can't wait for one with them showing off all this stuff.

REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.

Does that mean the rarity will be displayed in the spartan customisation bit? It only mentions the collection bit, which is the only place you can see the rarity but can't actually use it to look at the gear.

They need to change up the home bases on these DLC maps, especially for Assault, where the end of the game is essentially the same map regardless of what map you're on.

Montresor

Some great stuff in that update, some of the stuff we've asked for going in. Especially UI changes like callouts staying on screen when dead, req energy cost shown in collection etc.

For the new page:

File Share Confirmed

Live Community Update Stream next week

Update releasing week of Dec 15 along with Seasons

SOCIAL PLAYLISTS finally.

FFA 6 Player Count

Holy shit!!! Based 343? Is it safe to say?

Imagine 343 reveals upcoming koth, oddball etc... game types... 343 doing work.

I'm actually impressed. But honestly this should of all been there at launch. Oh wells, hope this+christmas bump the population up. So is there going to be ranked btb and social? Hope it just stays social.

Random17

So I exchanged my Halo 5 disk at the retailer because the Campaign kept crashing on the first mission, right after the Jackal tackles the other thing at the first sandbox encounter.

Same problem. I think the update borked the game's campaign. It never worked for me anyway, and I bought the game two weeks ago. Other games work fine, and I tried all the Xbox One shenanigans to fix it including reinstalling, clearing cache etc

MP works fine.

help

So I exchanged my Halo 5 disk at the retailer because the Campaign kept crashing on the first mission, right after the Jackal tackles the other thing at the first sandbox encounter.

Same problem. I think the update borked the game's campaign. It never worked for me anyway, and I bought the game two weeks ago. Other games work fine, and I tried all the Xbox One shenanigans to fix it including reinstalling, clearing cache etc

MP works fine.

help

That's... weird. PM Frankie your deets.

Glass

MP works fine.

help

Is your game version the latest? There was an update a few weeks ago which screwed up campaign checkpoints, not quite what your describing, but it was fixed recently in case that could be it.

The legendary war master helm goes nicely with the HCS armour.

Noobcraft

I just had a game of Warzone Assault that glitched out lol. My team was about to lose at the spire, then the clock reset to 5 mins 30 seconds, then the spire captured itself instantly and their core was vulnerable. Wonder what happened.

I noticed there's no post-game medal tab in the the UI update. What's up with that? It's such a major oversight, makes me think the game can't track medals specific to games or something. I know a lot of us complained about this back with the beta and it's never been addressed. This should have been at the top of the the list for the UI update.

link1201

I noticed there's no post-game medal tab in the the UI update. What's up with that? It's such a major oversight, makes me think the game can't track medals specific to games or something. I know a lot of us complained about this back with the beta and it's never been addressed.

I am hoping it's coming, perhaps it's one of the things they aren't discussing just yet. It's one of my biggest irritations.

Random17

Is your game version the latest? There was an update a few weeks ago which screwed up campaign checkpoints, not quite what your describing, but it was fixed recently in case that could be it.

Definitely updated I assume, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play online.

Basically as soon as I walk past a certain point, graphics flash into a weird black/anti colour contrast, huge loud sound glitch to top it off, and I'm instantly back to the dashboard.

Madness

Solid update. They addressing several concerns and Mk. IV looks amazing. I love the chest plates of old armor designs.

Same. I really like the simplicity of it. Plus the visor and helmet are just classic. Always felt that the armor and helmets of Halo 3 and Reach were the best. Maybe because they were simple, all utilized larger visors, and less Gundam/Anime styled robo designs.

Nowise10

Definitely updated I assume, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play online.

Basically as soon as I walk past a certain point, graphics flash into a weird black/anti colour contrast, huge loud sound glitch to top it off, and I'm instantly back to the dashboard.

...Is it possible to get a video of this, because it sounds interesting.

And an idea if you haven't tried it: Uninstall Halo 5, and go download a game demo that is like 3 or so gigabytes. Then re-install Halo 5 and see if it fixes the crashing. My BF Hardline would freeze within a minute of whever I got on the game, and a Xbox Representative told me to do that, and it worked.

Random17

...Is it possible to get a video of this, because it sounds interesting.

And an idea if you haven't tried it: Uninstall Halo 5, and go download a game demo that is like 3 or so gigabytes. Then re-install Halo 5 and see if it fixes the crashing. My BF Hardline would freeze within a minute of whever I got on the game, and a Xbox Representative told me to do that, and it worked.
I'll see if I can do both tomorrow at some point. Thanks.

The update made me cry with tears of joy.

Still bitter the btb are forge maps still.. Lol
But im happy and cant wait!!!!!!

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

malfcn

I want 4v4 - Osiris against Blue with unique properties. I don't know how they would balance it. But it sounds like a cool 2 second idea.

Trup1aya

I'm confused. So two of those 4 maps is really 1 warzone map, one is a remix and one is a BTB forged map?

No, two are forged BTB maps, one is a remix of plaza, the other is a WZ map.

No confirmation if the Warzone map has an Assualt variant. I'm guessing no, because previously WZA variants were classified as separate maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom