• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
While I'm really enjoying team snipers, it's a shame they don't try using the btb maps. Could understand why they don't have the beam rifle as a drop, thing was pretty op in halo 4 snipers. Though since it's not a power weapon in any maps I haven't gotten to use it all that much. Hoping they will change up the power weapon spawns at some point to keep maps seem fresh or play differently.

The btb maps would make it much better Imo.

Getting reeeeeaaaaaally tired of my grenades acting like fire-crackers, while everybody else's seem to be nukes.

Oh, what's that, you're able to walk through the explosion of a grenade thrown at your feet while being shot in the chest with a BR, meanwhile I'm killed by a grenade that landed 10 feet away and a single AR burst?

Fun.

Diamond in Snipes is p dumb, should be onyx dunno why game continually puts me in with these garbage kids. Last game some dude on my team quits before it starts and the other team craps on us. P sure it shouldnt let a game start 3v4. Pick another player from the pool.

TCKaos

Tonight in Warzone:
D2hzB70.gif

TCKaos

Full party with Biggy, Exwife, Eugn and others. We rolled on kids for like 6-7 games straight like this. Multiple games that ended in under 7 minutes with 1000 - sub-150 scores.

Basically we managed to break them down to a science that made us completely undefeatable as a party.

March on Stormbreak: Any players that gather Suppressors and Splinter grenades during the opening battle should skip the armory and head for Lochagos. From there, take the opposite armory while the enemy team fights over the Fortress. Unable to spawn nearby, take the Fortress and then rush the core.

Escape from A.R.C.: After the opening encounter, send one group to take down the Elite General and the rest of the players on your team to take the opposite armory. While distracting the enemy team at their armory, take the Garage. Take their armory, rush the core.

Raid on Apex 7: During the opening rush, before your team has even taken the beach, fill both Mongooses and rush to the opposing armory. We managed to capture their armory before we captured our own. Hold them here, take the Spire, rush the core.

Leyasu

Banned
Full party with Biggy, Exwife, Eugn and others. We rolled on kids for like 6-7 games straight like this. Multiple games that ended in under 7 minutes with 1000 - sub-150 scores.

Basically we managed to break them down to a science that made us completely undefeatable as a party.

March on Stormbreak: Any players that gather Suppressors and Splinter grenades during the opening battle should skip the armory and head for Lochagos. From there, take the opposite armory while the enemy team fights over the Fortress. Unable to spawn nearby, take the Fortress and then rush the core.

Escape from A.R.C.: After the opening encounter, send one group to take down the Elite General and the rest of the players on your team to take the opposite armory. While distracting the enemy team at their armory, take the Garage. Take their armory, rush the core.

Raid on Apex 7: During the opening rush, before your team has even taken the beach, fill both Mongooses and rush to the opposing armory. We managed to capture their armory before we captured our own. Hold them here, take the Spire, rush the core.

I don't play much warzone, but I'll be remembering this post in case I do decide to get back in to it.

I really enjoyed the snipers placement matches I had yesterday, best weekend playlist yet IMO. The small maps actually make it more fun to me since I am a terrible sniper but can hold my own when it comes to snapshots. :p

Fuchsdh

I think the major issue that makes a communicative team stomp randoms is the inability to easily see what bases are under attack while you're spawning in. You have to be listening for Palmer's cues, versus having three people on your team tell you not to worry about the armory, go fro the boss, et al.

Welfare

I think the major issue that makes a communicative team stomp randoms is the inability to easily see what bases are under attack while you're spawning in. You have to be listening for Palmer's cues, versus having three people on your team tell you not to worry about the armory, go fro the boss, et al.

The UI in Warzone could be improved.

The base owned UI in the bottom right should flash when it is being contested and fill up when the other team is capturing. You can't even see all 3 bases at once most of the time and you have to go out of your way to check if it is under attack.

JackHerer

They should spawn, in a random spot, an active camo Elite with a decent amount of health that just crouch walks the whole time on the edges of each Warzone map. He is worth 999 points and would be named The Snitch. Players would have to decide whether to rack up points or seek out the snitch for an instant win.

JackHerer

Love that Halo 5 has its own version of button combos with the sprint > thrust > crouch + jump to launch down inclines or fast fall off a ledge. Didn't realize you can do it on pretty much any ramp or stairs.

The core mechanics of this game are absolutely incredible. When everything clicks and the teams are even the game is so much fun. Unfortunately those games are rarer than I'd like. They need to put a higher priority on matching teams with teams. Better yet, add a solo only playlist. I don't expect it but it would be really nice.

Good job, I only made it halfway ~40K. I'll probably keep a 60K baseline or something from now on in case they do this stuff again.

Strider

One thing I don't understand about Warzone is why don't we spawn with the maximum amount of ammo? You can spawn in and run to a req station to instantly get more ammo. Weird to me lol

Strider

I preferred shotty snipers by a long shot.

People complained about those running around with the shotgun. Well I was having a blast destroying people while they tried to sit back and snipe lol

Of course people still complain now because "the maps aren't good for sniping" ...

clav

Remove health bars in Warzone.

Otherwise, people only start caring when the energy bar is 1/3 left.

If 343 wishes to keep any, then keep the base cores.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Doesn't HCS kick off today? Anyone got a schedule, where to watch?

Trup1aya

Nah, fuck paying 8 quid for some skins.

Yup, I sold all of my Req cards, kept only the Req boosts and tried to grind commendations as well. Only took me about 5 hours to get to 80'000

Spending those req points on gold and silver packs would have been WAY more fruitful.

Getting reeeeeaaaaaally tired of my grenades acting like fire-crackers, while everybody else's seem to be nukes.

Oh, what's that, you're able to walk through the explosion of a grenade thrown at your feet while being shot in the chest with a BR, meanwhile I'm killed by a grenade that landed 10 feet away and a single AR burst?

Fun.

that means the game is working, git gud

Leyasu

Banned
Game was working really fucking nice today. BTB is the best.

@ Squiretuck. I can't remember your forum name. I didn't join because I only had one or two games left. Next time for sure.

TCKaos

That's just mean.

How many REQ points do you get from a match that ends that quickly?

1,200-1,300. If you end the game in under six minutes you're still making more REQ per Minute (REQpM) than in Warzone Assault.

As it stands I average about 1,800-2,100 REQ in a standard Warzone game, which assuming a 20 minute game, is between 90-105 REQpM. Warzone Assault puts me at around 1,200 REQ per match, so assuming you end at phase 1 that's 200 REQpM, phase 2 100 REQpM and phase 3 gets you like 67 REQpM.

I think 343 should probably implement some kind of REQ scaling depending on what phase of Assault you end on because as it stands you get more out of throwing a game in the first phase as an attacker. There's no incentive to actually play if you get nearly triple the REQ per minute for fucking around.

Assuming you're playing for REQ and you want to maximize the amount of points you get for the time spent playing then you're going to want to play standard Warzone unless you're confident that you'll play as the defenders and skunk the enemy team or you're willing to throw the game as the attackers. If you spend more than 12 minutes in a game of Assault then you're guaranteed to be losing REQ compared to if you had just played standard Warzone instead. It's really a gamble because if you manage to end the game on the first phase then it's twice as efficient as standard Warzone, but the minute that doesn't happen then you're fucked.

If you look at the matches we played in standard Warzone, assuming an average payout of 1,200 REQ and a standard play time of 7 minutes, that's like 170 REQpM. For that 4:30 match we had that'd be like 267 REQpM.

Anyone have rough REQpM for Arena matches? I don't think it's as good but I almost never play Arena.

clav

Spartan kills need to count for more in Warzone.

Who cares if you're first place if you can't even play PvP.

clav

The point of warzone is for people who aren't good at PvP to have a chance

So just because you get the last shot, you're very good?

That doesn't make sense at all.

I've played a bunch of games and I see a player like 2-20 and he's first place.

One of the points but yea I agree.

It's a mode where even if you aren't great you can focus on PvE objectives and still place well

But if your core mechanics are flawed, you can't really contribute. You still need to know how to take down an enemy with a BR.

Halo has always been this way, so you play slayer to practice.

This is like a relationship. You don't expect the other person to make up your weaknesses. Otherwise, there will be trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom