• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

I'm at 60K REQ points now. Saving everything up for the next update.

GG's Dcot, Glass and PFI Deezy and anyone else that was from GAF. Pretty awesome session today. Thanks guys.

TCKaos

2qrhTHT.png

^As was discussed last night^

Computer

Doesn't HCS kick off today? Anyone got a schedule, where to watch?
Today is the first online ladder for the HWC. I think it is worth like 5 points going in to the HWC. There will be many online tournaments all worth points. The top 8 American teams with the most points go the the HWC. Today will most likely not be streamed by 343. You will just have to watch the pro players stream on twitch. As of right now it is full blown hurricane season in the HCS. That means that the pro teams are in a panic swapping players left and right trying to get the best roster. Its fun to watch.
Speaking of competitive Halo, is there a list of Halo 5 LANs in the next few months somewhere (like HLTV in CS)?
As far as LAN's Halo esports has dropped the ball. There are no LAN's until the regional finals of the HWC. Then the HWC it's self. Fans of Halo esports are not to happy about this.

Computer

No 3rd party LANs? I guess I'm not watching until finals then

Well we have been expecting a MLG announcement of a pro league but that has not happened yet. There is also a company called MES that said they have big plans for Halo 5. The good news is Halo 5 has the biggest prize pool in the history of console esports.

BraXzy

Doesn't HCS kick off today? Anyone got a schedule, where to watch?

It kicked off last night.

It's a bit weird, the initial qualifying stuff is all just done via Gamebattles. I don't even quite get how it works. I think you as a team just challenge another team and then arrange a time? Not even sure how the match ups are determined. Because if you can pick and choose, no one is going to play the major teams surely?

Anyhow... It wouldn't be too bad, if there was a dedicated spectator browser. The best I can suggest is watch a pro player stream because they will probably be playing matches. Until the final 16 I don't think anything is going to be LAN?

Someone help me out. I can't use the SMG for shit while the people who use it against me seem like they have the accuracy with a sniper. Especially on Breakout. Are are all zooming in? I don't get why they can hit me at such a distance while I can't kill someone right in front of me.

z3phon

Is there a issue with the deadzone or is it my controller?
I'm finding the deadzone and acceleration really hard to adjust too. I'm using the Elite controller.

Is there a issue with the deadzone or is it my controller?
I'm finding the deadzone and acceleration really hard to adjust too. I'm using the Elite controller.

I think there is a deadzone issue with all controllers in H5. They are putting out some kind of way for us to adjust it in a future update. I wish this game just controlled like the Beta.

The spawn AI in this game should be a fireable offence. It is such an utter failure in every regard, it sickens me that nobody from play-testing or design determined it needed to be fixed before shipping.

Disgusting.

Someone help me out. I can't use the SMG for shit while the people who use it against me seem like they have the accuracy with a sniper. Especially on Breakout. Are are all zooming in? I don't get why they can hit me at such a distance while I can't kill someone right in front of me.
Point at the crotch and unleash that smg beast.

Trup1aya

The spawn AI in this game should be a fireable offence. It is such an utter failure in every regard, it sickens me that nobody from play-testing or design determined it needed to be fixed before shipping.

Disgusting.

Man, like in just about every shooter ever, there is the occasional bad spawn. But I don't think it's anywhere near as bad or frequent as you make it seem.

The rate and severity of your claims make it seem like your experience is drastically different from everyone else's.

Man, like in just about every shooter ever, there is the occasional bad spawn. But I don't think it's anywhere near as bad or frequent as you make it seem.

The rate and severity of your claims make it seem like your experience is drastically different from everyone else's.

You're right. I have to keep things in perspective.

The spawn AI is only half as bad as the matchmaking, after all.

A gold, two platinums (of which I am one), and a diamond, vs a team of 4 diamonds.

:facepalm:

Trup1aya

You're right. I have to keep things in perspective.

The spawn AI is only half as bad as the matchmaking, after all.

A gold, two platinums (of which I am one), and a diamond, vs a team of 4 diamonds.

:facepalm:

Seriously man, the system doesn't just concider your rank. There's consideration for ping and search times.

It's No easy task handling those parameters. Most games don't even attempt skill based MM. If you can do better, send in your application.

The system doesn't punish you for losing to better ranked teams. You get a huge bonus for pulling upsets. And you get an opportunity to see what better players do to win matches. It's not the end of the world, and pushes people to get better.

Disgusting.

I seem to hear this a lot, so I'm definitely not saying your experience is untrue - I've just not noticed any spawning problems (in team arena, all I really play).

I seem to hear this a lot, so I'm definitely not saying your experience is untrue - I've just not noticed any spawning problems (in team arena, all I really play).

Only time I've had problems is when spawning on someone else in Warzone. Arena has been very solid (sometimes I get killed within 5 seconds but it's usually because I run out of cover without having any idea about what's going on around me). I don't think it's any worse than any other arena shooter out there at least.

BraXzy

PopChart_zpse1dhvvw6.jpg

Hes there ^.

He'll be on top of H5 as well if 343i doesn't get their shit together.

I'll be honest that got a chuckle out of me.

Anywho, the ladder is slowly getting going. From what I understand, this current online ladder isn't that important overall compared to some other stuff? Idk I'm still a bit confused.

The top team atm I've never heard of but they've been around since 2008, they just mustn't bother with streaming and such. They're 15-0 so far.

Trup1aya

I'll be honest that got a chuckle out of me.

Anywho, the ladder is slowly getting going. From what I understand, this current online ladder isn't that important overall compared to some other stuff? Idk I'm still a bit confused.

The top team atm I've never heard of but they've been around since 2008, they just mustn't bother with streaming and such. They're 15-0 so far.

Where do you get the current ladder info?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Man, fuck solo btb. Just dropped from plat 6 to play 3 thanks to asshole team killers/harassers, quitters, and just shit team mates. I cannot get diamond solo. Halo rage is real.

BraXzy

Thanks for the link but it's not the main wire I need, but the little connecting wire plugged into the big adapter itself. Super hard to word because if I say adapter you'd think the big black thing slotted into the controller, if I say wire like you'd obviously think the long one like you linked. Which is why it is proving trickier than expected to find info xD

BraXzy

Yeah, seems like the news is a hot topic on all the streams.

Pro drama means #weback right?

I guess so!

I've never followed the halo pro scene before so it's all fun, interesting drama atm for me. Don't really know any players outside of the big teams like EG and Liquid and the odd player like Naded and stuff.

Do team rosters usually switch up like crazy around this time?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yo wtf I thought the special REQ pack is till end of today, I had 60k grinded was going to do 20 more right now. God fucking damn it.

Are we going to get anything special like that again? Or should I buy 6 gold packs now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom