• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I was thinking more along the lines of the trucker hat:

dunno what's going on but

N4vSBr7.gif

Yo wtf I thought the special REQ pack is till end of today, I had 60k grinded was going to do 20 more right now. God fucking damn it.

Are we going to get anything special like that again? Or should I buy 6 gold packs now?
I'm saving all my REQ points until Mk. IV drops.

TCKaos

I'll probably keep doing silvers until we at least find out how rare the Mark IV helmet is. The last ones were rare, but this one actually looks good, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ultra Rare or Legendary, which would be annoying.

Halo 5: Guardians Forge |OT| Textures in the next update, we promise.

Jokes aside the simplicity of the objects is very evident when they are on large scale maps like Guillotine, on smaller Arena maps it's less noticeable.

New premium req packs today or is that finished?

I got mine.

Two assassinations, plus some DMR variants.

Not bad.

I wish you could see a demo video for the assassinations before choosing which to go with. The names and images aren't particularly helpful. I'm still running with knee-to-face.

Trup1aya

tbcW419.png

:facepalm:

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just does not belong...

Are you saying that THIS is bad matchmaking?... Judging by the result, it looks like it was a pretty good match.

Also, the platinum player was the best player in the game... It looks like HE did belong there, after all.

Your too focused on the symbol next to your name instead of the match quality.

Are you saying that THIS is bad matchmaking?... Judging my the result, it looks like it was a pretty good match.

I'm saying if you want to match me with diamonds, put me in diamond.

Don't deem me one front-facing skill level, and then place me with a different [better] front-facing skill level via the backend.

Trup1aya

I'm saying if you want to match me with diamonds, put me in diamond.

Don't deem me one front-facing skill level, and then place me with a different [better] front-facing skill level via the backend.

Why not? Doing so got you a good match...

It was a good match, and you were the best player in the match. Keep playing like that you'll be in diamond in no time.

It's unclear while you would face palm over this match. You are getting good, close matches... Which is the primary goal of MM.
Maybe you have gotten better since you were placed in platinum, and just need win enough to move up through the ranks.

Edit: in fact it appears that the only ready you are still in platinum is because you quit all the time
Edit2: you have a 65% win percentage, and are in the top 29% of platinums it's only logical that you face stiffer competition, because you win % is well above optimal. Your current rank is a reflection of your poor sportsmanship (or connection) but the system knows that you are more skilled than your the icon indicates.
Looks like the system is working perfectly for you.

Hatchtag

Banned
just realized today that you can only score the flag in BTB if your flag isn't away. Has this always been the case? not sure how i feel about it.

just realized today that you can only score the flag in BTB if your flag isn't away. Has this always been the case? not sure how i feel about it.

That's always been the case for traditional CTF, yes.

I can't imagine if it weren't the case. Defense would be completely tossed to the wayside, and teams would just rush the other flag over and over.

I prefer the balance. The cost and benefit of staying back to defend against an attack, vs joining an effort to take the flag.

Pretty decent. I may end up using a shotgun now. We'll have to see.

Shotguns are great for defending bases.

The scattershot on the other hand.... I don't know, maybe it's just me, the damn thing feels pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it's a one-hit from AR range, other times, I feel like I need to blast a guy right in front of me 3 times before he goes down.

And the 'bounce' benefit is negligible. They should make it more like the Unreal Tournament flak cannon. Now THAT thing could shoot around corners.

Hatchtag

Banned
I wish they'd at least add one flag to BTB. There's literally only 11 map/mode combinations right now, it gets very repetitive.

Plasma

Banned
That's how it always used to be and it's much better because it encourages teams to actually defend their flag rather than all rushing.

Random17

Campaign worked after reinstalling offline without the 14gb update. Something about the update borked the game's campaign for me, that or online connectivity. It feels smoother, too.

Why do you keep playing it then? If it's that bad I don't think you would keep playing it...

Bad Halo is still better, or more atuned to my shooter tastes, than a lot of what's on the market.

I know I'm getting Rainbow Six for the holidays, so that will probably cut down the time I play Halo 5.

But make no mistake. Halo 5 is bad Halo. 343i only makes bad Halo. Because they're B-tier talent.

Bad Halo is still better, or more atuned to my shooter tastes, than a lot of what's on the market.

I know I'm getting Rainbow Six for the holidays, so that will probably cut down the time I play Halo 5.

But make no mistake. Halo 5 is bad Halo. 343i only makes bad Halo. Because they're B-tier talent.

FAg7ldO.gif

Trup1aya

It's good halo. Most of your complaints are either greatly exaggerated (spawns) or misguided (matchmaking).

That would also be my reaction. Calling a studio as 343 B tier lol. They have some of the biggest talent in the industry. It's not because they do things you don't like they are B tier

Whatever.

Between:

A wretched campaign
Last-shot boss kills on Warzone
Map design like Pegasus, Orion, and Eden (frankly, there is ONE legitimately great original map in this game, and that's Coliseum)
A boost ability that will stop dead on a 2inch incline at the bottom edge of a ramp or any other small gradation in terrain
Maps filled with pointless, decorative 'furniture' that's too small to serve as cover and serves no purpose other than getting players caught in the middle of fire-fights,
Nonsensical matchmaking,
The worst spawn AI I've ever encountered
Terrible deadzones and stick acceleration,
A lack of staple game-modes,

...there's plenty to question about the talent on this team, from the designers all the way down to the play-testers.

I'm glad they were able to clean up the dump they themselves took on the floor with Halo 4 and put together a game with strong core shooting and movement mechanics. The quality we've come from Halo goes beyond core mechanics to the full player experience.

IHaveIce

Banned

Lmao. I will later today make a detailed post about my opinion about H5, it has a lot of issues but is not a bad Halo game.. IMO it is one of the best.

BTT Is this the last week of premium req packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom