• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Ever since I got the Elite controller my aiming has been all over the place again. I guess because the analog sticks are different... Anyway I decided to pop in MCC for a couple games last night to compare and the aiming felt great right away...

I think I'm just gonna avoid H5 until the update hits now. Can't wait to turn down that aim acceleration. Will probably slightly decrease the inner deadzone too.

Trup1aya

I didn't have that impression. Team Blue has an advantage on that map, since it gets the Railgun spawn much much easier. It still remains the worst map for me in any mode.

Really? It seems pretty easy, from red spawn, to deny the rail gun from blue team. You can lock down the hallway with a BR and nade the nest at your hearts content...

Actually getting the Rail gun leaves either team pretty exposed...

But I'm just a platinum, so maybe the advantage is more pronounced hire up.

Caja 117

You get Extermination if you effective wipe out an entire team, rendering no opponents on the map because they are all in respawn timer, overkill doesn't always come with an extermination.
Im aware of the rules of an exterm, Hence my question, I can double check that play later, but based on the timer the whole team was wiped off before the first player respawned. (The overkill is done in 5 seconds, respawn are 8 seconds)

mcrommert

Banned
So loved arena breakout...one huge complaint

Flag caps don't count in your favor at all...While the people i were playing with went for kills i went to push the flag almost all the games...there were situations where the other team wasn't properly policing the flag and i had 3 caps in a row without anyone even getting a shot on me. The two people i played placement games with were platinum and i ranked gold...because the game mode only counts kills towards your score...not caps...so disappointing and if they make it permanent they need to fix this

Ever since I got the Elite controller my aiming has been all over the place again. I guess because the analog sticks are different... Anyway I decided to pop in MCC for a couple games last night to compare and the aiming felt great right away...

I think I'm just gonna avoid H5 until the update hits now. Can't wait to turn down that aim acceleration. Will probably slightly decrease the inner deadzone too.

I wonder if someone will put out some information on what those controller settings are for the MCC.

However, i know for sure i will try the aim accelleration at 2. Maybe even drop it to 1. I'll then move my sensativity back up to 5, like how i usually play halo.

gonna be intersting to mess with the deadzones. Let us know your results!

Akai__

I love this trick jump on Plaza:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AkaiGAF/video/13236898

Since I saw Hysteria pulling it off, I started to use it everywhere.

Really? It seems pretty easy, from red spawn, to deny the rail gun from blue team. You can lock down the hallway with a BR and nade the nest at your hearts content...

Actually getting the Rail gun leaves either team pretty exposed...

But I'm just a platinum, so maybe the advantage is more pronounced hire up.

I played Diamonds and it was pretty rough (I don't deserve that rank in this mode btw.). You woud have 4 Pistols aimed at you, if you tried to grab it as Team Red. You can't set a foot in the outside area.

Im aware of the rules of an exterm, Hence my question, I can double check that play later, but based on the timer the whole team was wiped off before the first player respawned. (The overkill is done in 5 seconds, respawn are 8 seconds)

Hmm went to check the video again, yeah you should have gotten an extermination there. Have you checked your total medal count on waypoint?

Since I saw Hysteria pulling it off, I started to use it everywhere.

I played Diamonds and it was pretty rough (I don't deserve that rank in this mode btw.). You woud have 4 Pistols aimed at you, if you tried to grab it as Team Red. You can't set a foot in the outside area.

I've always tried to get up there. always felt noob that i couldnt do it. Now i know the secret thanks to you sharing this info.

Jump, smartlink/sustaion/hover, clamber.

I hope that we get a community playlist with great user made forge maps, bungie sort of never did such a thing.

Maybe every week the top 3-5 forged maps that work as intended and play well could go into an unranked hopper and swap out weekly with another 3-5 good maps so there is always something new and exciting to experiance.

Just having one or two community made maps become official doesn't cut it, there's hundreds of good forge map makers out there and they need to shine.

Akai__

I've always tried to get up there. always felt noob that i couldnt do it. Now i know the secret thanks to you sharing this info.

Jump, smartlink/sustaion/hover, clamber.

Plus crouching. There's two levels of these jumps. One is just Crouching + Clamber and the other is Stabilizer + Crouching + Clamber. You can reach some positions with the first one, but this is not one of them.

Sprint is not required by the way, but it's a little easier for me. You can do these jump while standing still.

Thats a very helpful jump, thanks.

No problem. I always loved learning jumps in Halo games.

Halo 3 Gold Jump = GOAT.

I hope that we get a community playlist with great user made forge maps, bungie sort of never did such a thing.

Maybe every week the top 3-5 forged maps that work as intended and play well could go into an unranked hopper and swap out weekly with another 3-5 good maps so there is always something new and exciting to experiance.

Just having one or two community made maps become official doesn't cut it, there's hundreds of good forge map makers out there and they need to shine.

I think they teased that they definetly want the community involved with forge and have some type of rotation or inclusion from some forge maps. The details on how it would actually work wasnt mentioned though. Maybe the jan update will improve the file share/browsing aspect.

i've been saying we need a better community section that invloved the community way better than an app (halo channel). No one wants to quit their game to read a few paragraphs or navigate a menu to see some details. I also hope UI constantly get's updated.

I really thank 343i listening and taking our feedback seriously. they are doing a marvelous job catering to our bitching.

Plus crouching. There's two levels of these jumps. One is just Crouching + Clamber and the other is Stabilizer + Crouching + Clamber. You can reach some positions with the first one, but this is not one of them.

Sprint is not required by the way, but it's a little easier for me. You can do these jump while standing still.

Halo 3 Gold Jump = GOAT.

Ah, i forgot how crouching is very crucial for jumps in this game. Many people don't realize you can clear those clamber jumps with a good crouch. I just need to adjust my controller settings then..

bah, everytime i think of how to pull it off easily, i think of my controller layout and how it works against me sometimes lol (green thumb)

link1201

I'd be down with that. Just a fun grab bag type playlist. There's no telling what kind of awesome things people will come up with.

IHaveIce

Banned
God fucking dammit how I hate maps with switching spawns from side to side, because of sprint and the high movement speed the enemy is already around the map when you spawn there, it is insane how it seems to be impossible to make acceptable spawns.

It doesn't help that most teammates are dumb asshats that just run in circles around the map. Fucktwats

Trup1aya

Well yeah, but blue team is pretty exposed when trying to get to the Railgun, they've either gotta run across the open deck from basement, or run and jump across the catwalk...

And even if they make it to nest, Red team has a perch that looks right down onto the Railgun, and there are no sightlines from outside to that perch. also red can easily control the hallway and get a line down the catwalk that leads to nest

I think it's hard for either team to get rail gun.

wait what? am i missing something? We already have a forge community playlist. I admit, the maps arent perfect, but its not like they are official or anything they are just forge maps!

Whats the playlist called again? Oh yeah thats right. big team battle.

oops.

JackHerer

Since I saw Hysteria pulling it off, I started to use it everywhere

Oh damn, I always had to sprint jump from ground > tree circle base thing > sneaky. This is so much easier!

I don't have auto stabilize on though. I have smart link on my right paddle so I can tap that then A to stabilize but it's a little odd. You need to leave a slight delay between presses or it doesn't work. Pretty annoying. Feels like a bug but I've gotten used to it.

Not sure if it leaves me at a disadvantage for trick jumps or not but auto stabilize doesn't seem worth it. I've been able to pull off most of the stabilize jumps this way it's just a tad harder.

Halo 3 Gold Jump = GOAT.

Wait... how does this stabilizer jump thing work? Hit/hold at the top of your jump then release and hit clamber and it helps you get up to higher jumps?!

Madness

Damn, forgot last week was the actual last warzone req packs, should have saved those two.

I've also been wondering a while, what were the requirements for the legendary argonaut idmon helmet and armor? I could've sworn it came in a promotional pack much like the Raikou armor on launch day.

BraXzy

I'm disappointed as I just realised my Warzone REQ Packs ended last week. I guess I have to spend more time than usual to get those Certifications.

Oh no, I hadn't really tried counting but I hoped we might have one more week :(

Free extra set for those who went in day 1? :3

I wonder if they will add another post-launch premium pack purchase, this time with an initial dop of guaranteed content too.

It's Star Wars week boooys!

Inb4no1currs

I care, I care! IMAX Tickets Friday! Hype hype hypeeeeeeee.

Trup1aya

I think The Rig is good for Strong Holds and Arena Breakout...

It doesn't work well for slayer because the inside is easier to set up than the outside. So it seems unbalanced.

Caja 117

Hmm went to check the video again, yeah you should have gotten an extermination there. Have you checked your total medal count on waypoint?

Is not there, interesting enough, I couldnt find a Youtube video uploaded in the last month that highlights an extermination, I did found a guy that got an overkill much quicker than me and he didnt got the exterm, so somethings going on there.

Akai__

Wait... how does this stabilizer jump thing work? Hit/hold at the top of your jump then release and hit clamber and it helps you get up to higher jumps?!

With Sprint: Jump -> Smart Link -> Stabilizer -> Crouch -> Clamber

While standing: Smart Scope -> Jump -> Stabilizer -> Crouch -> Clamber

I find it easier if you are in Smart Cope prior to jumping, because you don't have much time to do all these inputs while standing still. It's a little tricky to get used to it, but once you have learned it you can climb so many positions that seemed out of your range.

Many people also use this to get into the back of the enemy base on "Raid on Apex". It's also being used by many people in Warzone Assault, because the game sometimes spawns you near the Spire in the last phase for whatever reason.

wait what? am i missing something? We already have a forge community playlist. I admit, the maps arent perfect, but its not like they are official or anything they are just forge maps!

Whats the playlist called again? Oh yeah thats right. big team battle.

oops.

fHFPLL7.gif

I think The Rig is good for Strong Holds and Arena Breakout...

It doesn't work well for slayer because the inside is easier to set up than the outside. So it seems unbalanced.

Truueeee.. i dislike slayer on the rig very much.

Good team will just set up inside. have unlimted BR ammo for all too! yayyyyyy

Trup1aya

Truueeee.. i dislike slayer on the rig very much.

Good team will just set up inside. have unlimted BR ammo for all too! yayyyyyy

Yeah, I guess that's why the Plasma caster is outside, but it's pretty easy to deny it from blue team from the inside perch. Especially since the sniper is also inside.

With Sprint: Jump -> Smart Link -> Stabilizer -> Crouch -> Clamber

While standing: Smart Scope -> Jump -> Stabilizer -> Crouch -> Clamber

I find it easier if you are in Smart Cope prior to jumping, because you don't have much time to do all these inputs while standing still. It's a little tricky to get used to it, but once you have learned it you can climb so many positions that seemed out of your range.

Many people also use this to get into the back of the enemy base on "Raid on Apex". It's also being used by many people in Warzone Assault, because the game sometimes spawns you near the Spire in the last phase for whatever reason.

Awesome! Can't wait to get my Elite controller and start messing around with this. Thanks for the tip!

So my brother recently bought the Warzone REQ bundle, and because we do the xbox share thing, I got it as well. Only, I haven't gotten any REQ packs as of yet. Anyone know what might be the issue here?

Yeah, I guess that's why the Plasma caster is outside, but it's pretty easy to deny it from blue team from the inside perch. Especially since the sniper is also inside.

Then add that they have camo right there for them too. i have a nightmare memory of when a team had snipe, all brs, and held inside and occasionally up on that perch. just destroyed us every time we tried to advance on them.

would be awesome if it had it's own assassination animation. like it going through the body from the back and then chucking the spartan to the side.

Haruko

So my brother recently bought the Warzone REQ bundle, and because we do the xbox share thing, I got it as well. Only, I haven't gotten any REQ packs as of yet. Anyone know what might be the issue here?

The issue is that the Warzone REQ bundle can't be game shared. Yeah, the download for it will appear on your dashboard, but it's not associated with your account. Gotta buy your own I'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom