• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got uncommons this week. Oh well, I'll have a better chance to unlock Security in the future.

:(

You might know this already but you should get the REQ points in a couple of minutes anyway.

Yeah that's usually how it works, I just wanted to see stats though, I'll have to wait for Waypoint to update.

I'm saving this last 4 premium packs for the update, I really want the Mark IV helmet specially after the reveal of the Mark V, btw good morning guys :)
Good night for me, yes I know i need to change my sleep times ZZZ

I'm saving this last 4 premium packs for the update, I really want the Mark IV helmet specially after the reveal of the Mark V, btw good morning guys :)
Good night for me, yes I know i need to change my sleep times

I'm employing the same strategy, though I have never gotten anything great out of a premium pack.

Trup1aya

At first I thought the 4v4 maps were just average, with Pegasus and Orion being the exception (they are bad).

But the more I play, learn, and watch, the more I appreciate the thought that went into them. Seeing pro players pull off trick jumps to navigate the map, or improve their sight lines has been eye opening.

Sometimes I'd get frustrated and say "there's no way to defend myself here" or " why cant I give back up from here" when really, I just wasn't knowledgeable enough about the map to make it happen.

It's true, there are no standouts, but I think it's because there are no stinkers (again, excluding 343s forge maps), not for lack of quality.

I do wish more of maps had the visual appeal that overgrowth seems to have.

Glass

It's Star Wars week boooys!

Inb4no1currs

Got my tickets booked for Thursday evening, hype got to me a lil whilw back and started playing KOTOR again. Feels good knowing with the creators behind this film, who knows how good it'll be but there's no chance we have another prequal situation on our hands.

This patch has me equally hyped though, I dub this Star Forge week.

At first I thought the 4v4 maps were just average, with Pegasus and Orion being the exception (they are bad).

But the more I play, learn, and watch, the more I appreciate the thought that went into them. Seeing pro players pull off trick jumps to navigate the map, or improve their sight lines has been eye opening.

Sometimes I'd get frustrated and say "there's no way to defend myself here" or " why cant I give back up from here" when really, I just wasn't knowledgeable enough about the map to make it happen.

It's true, there are no standouts, but I think it's because there are no stinkers (again, excluding 343s forge maps), not for lack of quality.

I do wish more of maps had the visual appeal that overgrowth seems to have.

Watching streams opened the maps up for me too. Also made me much better at making full use of weapons on the map, I'm still surprised by how often you see people run past storm rifles with ARs equipped even in Platinum TS.

Sai

No Warzone REQ Packs this week? ;_;

Those seven weeks flew by fast. I kind of wish I did like some others 'n saved them until I mostly completed my Rare unlocks(those that weren't tied to Commendations, anyways). But, knowing my luck, I probably would've gotten mostly Emblems & Visors. :p

Leyasu

Banned
No Warzone REQ Packs this week? ;_;

Those seven weeks flew by fast. I kind of wish I did like some others did, and saved them until I mostly completed my Rare unlocks. But, knowing my luck, I probably would've gotten mostly Emblems & Visors. :p

By my calculations and the fact that we didn't get our first packs until 02/11 or CW45, this week should be the last week.. We have only had six packs.

IHaveIce

Banned
You know what arena breakout is the first gametype I would say fits on The Rig.
The map is bad for everyother gametype, but here it feels very good.

Akai__

You know what arena breakout is the first gametype I would say fits on The Rig.
The map is bad for everyother gametype, but here it feels very good.

I didn't have that impression. Team Blue has an advantage on that map, since it gets the Railgun spawn much much easier. It still remains the worst map for me in any mode.

FORGE TOMORROW PLEASE!

I'm going to remake Highlands from Reach, don't ask me way lol

I think it would look good on Pegasus' canvas.

Yes make it happen! Make sure you get all the sneak routes perfect, that is my favorite thing about Highlands.

I'm going to start off myself with a pretty ambitious Guardian remake. I would love to do cool stuff with the new lighting and fog settings to give it a really unique feel.

Yes make it happen! Make sure you get all the sneak routes perfect, that is my favorite thing about Highlands.

I'm going to start off myself with a pretty ambitious Guardian remake. I would love to do cool stuff with the new lighting and fog settings to give it a really unique feel.

Can't wait to see what people do with the tools!

Who is making the Forge OT? NOKYARD? GodlyPerfection?

Oh shit! Walmart has the XBO Elite Controllers in-stock on their website... finally was able to order one... will be here tomorrow for just 10 shipping... can't beat that!!

Any Elite users have any good "settings" for Halo5?

halo was 2 places ahead of battlefront this past friday on live.

population seems to be holding pretty damn strong. this week's update and christmas should really add a nice boost.

Sai

By my calculations and the fact that we didn't get our first packs until 02/11 or CW45, this week should be the last week.. We have only had six packs.
Oh. Well, if that's the case, I'll be looking forward to those last two packs.

All I did was assign the X/Y/A/B buttons to the paddles, swapped the analog stick button inputs, and turned down the vibration 'n home button light as low as possible.

I had the analog stick sensitivity set to instant, but it went crazy on me one time. Haven't used it since. Gonna tinker with the additional options 343's including with this week's update before I mess with that again; perhaps I won't even have to.

Glass

First thing Im trying in Forge, to learn the ropes instead of starting from scratch I'm going to re-theme Guillotine with different colours. The black base on the valhalla like map is so sexy, I want to see the city map like that, maybe at night with some neon lightning.

"Teammates eliminated Captain Hestro"

Lol no the fuck they didn't. I did.

Fix this bullshit, 343.

Man don't get me started on this. So many times I've gone in with a plasma pistol for vehicles, railguns for some bosses and needlers and kinetic bolt weapons for other and put in so much fucking damage, only to hear

"Team mates eliminated _______". I won't even go into the last shot wins because that's a rant unto itself, but not getting any credit for a boss I killed for my team is BS as well.

IHaveIce

Banned
I didn't have that impression. Team Blue has an advantage on that map, since it gets the Railgun spawn much much easier. It still remains the worst map for me in any mode.
Oh yeah sorry. Weapon placements aside, I think a lot of powerweapons are misplaced for the mode, but The Rig plays better without respawns across the map.

I actually think Swordbase would also play very well in Halo 5, especially in Arena breakout

I played a bit of warzone in the morning here in Australia... Came up against Team Centrelink who absolutely kicked the shit out of my team few times before I bailed.

Im surprised they were out of bed, was only 11am.

All I did was assign the X/Y/A/B buttons to the paddles, swapped the analog stick button inputs, and turned down the vibration 'n home button light as low as possible.

I had the analog stick sensitivity set to instant, but it went crazy on me one time. Haven't used it since. Gonna tinker with the additional options 343's including with this week's update before I mess with that again; perhaps I won't even have to.

Ah, that's right... the aiming update... this will make for some crazy options. Honestly really excited for the update as i felt the Beta controlled perfectly (not that it's 'bad' right now).

I'm thinking i'll set jump and thruster to left paddles and melee and reload to the right... or maybe leave thruster to the LB and map all faces to paddles.

Hmm unless I suck at counting, this week should be the 7th and final week for premium packs and mine are missing.

Edit: turns I do suck at counting I shall leave this as a mark of shame.

Oh shit! Walmart has the XBO Elite Controllers in-stock on their website... finally was able to order one... will be here tomorrow for just 10 shipping... can't beat that!!

Halo 4 control defaults to start.

BRP= A
TRP=B
BLP=X
TLP=Y

(^Bottom/Top; Right/Left; Paddle)

Switch LB and B button functions so that LB is crouch and your TRP is thruster pack. Play campaign or WZ for 5-10 hours forcing yourself to play without face buttons before playing 4v4's. It took me about 10-15 hours of playing before I stopped choking and hitting random buttons when getting used to paddles. Hope this helps :)

Halo 4 control defaults to start.

BRP= A
TRP=B
BLP=X
TLP=Y

(^Bottom/Top; Right/Left; Paddle)

Switch LB and B button functions so that LB is crouch and your TRP is thruster pack. Play campaign or WZ for 5-10 hours forcing yourself to play without face buttons before playing 4v4's. It took me about 10-15 hours of playing before I stopped choking and hitting random buttons when getting used to paddles. Hope this helps :)

What's TRP?

And thankfully i've been using controllers (scuf and customs i've wired myself) with face duplicates underneath for years... so at least that part won't be a problem... figuring out the "prefect" mapping and combination of parts however... that will be fun lol.

Some people nap during the day. Like today for example, I took a 30 minute nap. It was quite pleasant.

Still gonna matrix the shit out of your posts :p just to be a pest. haha

TODAY BOIZZZZZZZZZ / remove my guessimation of Tuesday out the window!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

JK we all know it wont drop until Friday with the weekly update

T_T

im hoping for an earlier rather than later drop, and hopefully some surprises in the patch notes.

i know ive been bitching about no gametypes more than anyone, and im still SUPER bummed there arent any in it, nor do i expect that.

But damn. this is a meaty update. dailies are already in, spartan company stuff, it seems like just about every portion of the game has been updated. im really looking forward to seeing it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom