• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they said if they are going to do anything to counter quitters? Seriously seems like I get a quitter pretty much every other game now... it actually seems for prevalent at the platinum/diamond level then it ever did at the gold level.

Strider

I just avoid those choke points unless I know it's 100% safe. fathom is a really good map.

Pegasus is just awful in ckmparison. Pegasus is the worst map in the game right now

BraXzy

A bit off topic but does anyone know what I need to boost the WiFi signal upstairs? Router is downstairs and thick walls = crappy signal.

There is an Ethernet going through the floor into my room though. Can I just get a second router or do I need a WiFi booster whatsit?

NOKYARD

Can't wait to see what people do with the tools!

Who is making the Forge OT? NOKYARD? GodlyPerfection?

Karl is making the Forge OT. I will be too busy forging.

I also intend to stream every Forge session and make myself available to help others learn the tool and to answer your questions. So if you are ever stuck and need assistance, or need watch something to help you sleep, you can always tune in http://www.twitch.tv/nokyard .

Computer

Reading a thread on Reddit, apparently you can't buy a second Warzone REQ bundle after the first one runs out? Weird.

I would but I never got anything really good from those packs. I may get better stuff now that I have a lot of the junk out of the way.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Very few Xbox Live exchanges have made me laugh out loud. This one caused soda-nose.

FOTbSd6.jpg

Trup1aya

Fathom is so bad. Never enjoy it.

What? Why would you say such a thing?

It does become a much better map, when you learn the trick jumps to top mid.

Fathom has two huge choke points with double Promethean grenade spawns 2 feet away. It's fucking awful.

It would be slightly better if Promethean grenades weren't clearly overstrong. Or if total count on the map was halved. But, still, only slightly.

You can avoid those choke points in awesome ways

I also intend to stream every Forge session and make myself available to help others learn the tool and to answer your questions. So if you are ever stuck and need assistance, or need watch something to help you sleep, you can always tune in http://www.twitch.tv/nokyard .

Wow! That is exciting news! I hope this goes into ciculation on the OT.

Very few Xbox Live exchanges have made me laugh out loud. This one caused soda-nose.

FOTbSd6.jpg

LMAO!!!!! TEAM FRANKIE
ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

jem0208

Personally I've found that:

Fathom is great for CTF and okay for slayer.

Rig is very good for strongholds and pretty poor for everything else.

Colliseum is great for CTF and okay for slayer, apparently it's awful for strongholds although I've never played it myself.

Regret is pretty meh all around, had some fun arena breakout matches though.

Empire is extremely fast and hectic in CTF but also a lot of fun. If they moved the pit hill it would play strongholds pretty damn well but currently it's only okay. Slayer is rubbish because of the storm rifles.

Eden plays slayer and strongholds well, I like Eden.

Plaza also plays strongholds and slayer pretty well, another map I like. Bottom hill could do with some adjustments though.

Truth is probably my favourite map, plays both slayer and CTF very well. Loads of good games on this map.

Pegasus is just "eh".

Fuchsdh

How long do you think it's going to take people to adapt to the new control scheme?

BraXzy

I was just about to ask for your link so I could follow but I now notice it's staring me in the face. Looking forward to watching you as I get into Forge myself.

FOTbSd6.jpg

Lmao. Classic Frank.

Trup1aya

Personally I've found that:

Fathom is great for everything

Rig is very good for strongholds and arena breakout. That's it.

Colliseum is great for everything

Regret is... I dunno, I just can't get a feel for this map

Empire is great for everything

Eden might be the best map

Plaza is good for strongholds and slayer

Truth is almost perfect, but the plasma caster gets no love

Pegasus is just "eh".

My take on it all

Welfare

FOTbSd6.jpg
Good ol' Frank.
What? Why would you say such a thing?

It does become a much better map, when you learn the trick jumps to top mid.

Ever since my first play on the map, I have just never had any enjoyment on it. I don't like the sightlines, the bases, top mid, any of it. Least favorite map, barring the forge maps.

Tawpgun

Please keep Sage Merril away from Halo.

I'm not a fan of bloom. As good as Destiny gunplay is I do wish they allowed you to be more accurate while mobile/from hip.

BraXzy

After getting the art book the other day, and being super excited for the update, I decided to make a patch poster. Was going to put a date on there, but '(Week beginning) 14.12.2015 didn't look quite right! Might make it a series of posters for subsequent patches if I can think of things.

Unyshek liked this on Reddit breh!

JackHerer

Give me the color wheel or give me death.

I don't really understand why they can't do this. Honestly most of the colors look like complete ass on the armor.

Only one that looks good to me is the dark red. The red and blue colors in matchmaking look fine but the customizable ones are pretty shitty right now. It really bugs me that there is no white, just light grey. Makes it impossible to replicate the look I liked in H4 with deadeye + venator. Used to go yellow accents on white with red visor and it looked sexy. No more.

Have they said if they are going to do anything to counter quitters? Seriously seems like I get a quitter pretty much every other game now... it actually seems for prevalent at the platinum/diamond level then it ever did at the gold level.

Lately, every time I'm playing a game and have someone quit (on either team), I look at the quitters gamercard, if they're still online, I assume they quit because they didn't like how the match was going, then I report them for "quitting early" on XBL. Seems like I'm doing this at least one or two times a day.

Fathom is a great map. Pegasus is utter shit

Pegasus is the only map I don't like so far.

JackHerer

I joined the discord group but it seemed pretty inactive the few times I checked it (week or two ago). Maybe I was just looking at the wrong times. I'll try to post on there tonight during prime hours to get a group.

Hoping for that update.

Esque7

The matchmaking has really been frustrating me lately. I just played a game of team slayer and had 23 kills, my personal best, and still lost by 1 kill. Having unranked players on your team can really ruin a game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom