• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

it makes me think they are aiming for today but dont want to say today.

who the hell says "week of" and starts the week tuesday?

Yeah, it's obvious they're hoping to release the sooner the better. I suppose if they said a date that gave them extra time, like Friday, if they are done for tomorrow it'd suck waiting unnecessary days. Idk, bit of a lose lose.

But yeah, it's really odd that they started the week on a Tuesday. That's been bugging me since they announced xD

Bad news for those looking for infection to be the secret playlist, good news though still. this playlist sounds fun:

"Kick back, relax, and play a mix of non-ranked modes, including Slayer, Snipers, and more. Happy Holidays!"

UTfVDV6.png

BraXzy

Bad news for those looking for infection to be the secret playlist, good news though still. this playlist sounds fun:

"Kick back, relax, and play a mix of non-ranked modes, including Slayer, Snipers, and more. Happy Holidays!"

UTfVDV6.png

I kinda figured it'd be a big bundle of all sorts. I'm guessing and more might mean Rumble Rockets etc. Who knows, maybe multi team will be a thing.

Interesting that it's called Holiday Social. I know they mentioned this was something that'd get worked on so it's a very temporary thing.

that was out yesterday i think? or the day before?

Yeah, couple days old. Good read for anyone who missed it though.

Put on a mission victory boost, only to join a game where my team is already losing and it burns the card. How is that in any way fair? 343 need to add an option to opt out of join in progress.

Plasma

Banned
I just sit there and wait to get my full clip in as they're about to die. I love taking Boss kills from the other team. So satisfying inducing that salt.

Sure but what more could I do there? I took off most of its health and was continually firing at it when it was blown up, there is literally nothing else I could have done in that situation. It's not like I can even kill everyone on the opposing team first to stop them shooting at it because that thing spawns so out in the open that you can pretty much hit it from either end of the map.

UTfVDV6.png

Just when I wanted a christmas themed infection where you turn into santa and say "hohoho" every time you swing your bag of loot at people

Glass

Now i want themed playlists.

My immediate thought.... themed playlists - they could add seasonal pieces to forge. Christmas trees (the normal tree pieces with baubles on) Halloween pieces etc etc. During those events/holidays, the forge team swaps those pieces with the existing tree/decals on maps like Deadlock, Basin.

Bsigg12

Put on a mission victory boost, only to join a game where my team is already losing and it burns the card. How is that in any way fair? 343 need to add an option to opt out of join in progress.

They should just cancel the boost if you join a game in progress if it's based on a victory or gambit.

My immediate thought.... themed playlists - they could add seasonal pieces to forge. Christmas trees (the normal tree pieces with baubles on) Halloween pieces etc etc. During those events/holidays, the forge team swaps those pieces with the existing tree/decals on maps like Deadlock, Basin.

You're on to something!!

Paging the dynamic duo!!!

Indeed. But lets start with the basics first :3

Rocket League has a really cool themed playlist, seen it?

Not yet, Do show me. So i can use that meme with craig saying ' I seent it" plz n thnx

BraXzy

I half hoped there would be a Halloween something, but it was so soon after launch I guess it was bad timing.

They should also include Free helmets for themed events. Something RIDIC SON.

XMAS - Snowman helment that's all white with two dots and a carrot as your nose.

Valenties - nope nothing special here, move along.

you guys make up the rest. i suck

BraXzy

XMAS - Snowman helment that's all white with two dots and a carrot as your nose.

There's a lot they could do for sure, it just depends on if they have the spare hands to do it or if they're still super all hands on deck. Would be awesome to get something though. Fingers crossed!

BraXzy

why would you release your update alongside star wars. I have no time for halo the next days :(

T'is very inconsiderate of them isn't it. When you watching it?

A buddy of mine keeps trying to tempt me to go to the midnight showing tomorrow, but I already have IMAX tickets reserved for Friday. Definitely gonna rewatch in the next week though on a regular screen.

red christmas sock silencer for the magnum

IHaveIce

Banned
T'is very inconsiderate of them isn't it. When you watching it?

A buddy of mine keeps trying to tempt me to go to the midnight showing tomorrow, but I already have IMAX tickets reserved for Friday. Definitely gonna rewatch in the next week though on a regular screen.

I'm watching it the first time in 26.5 hours from now (0:01am Germany time on thursday)
Super excited!

BraXzy

I'm watching it the first time in 26.5 hours from now (0:01am Germany time on thursday)
Super excited!

Nice! The temptation sure is real for the midnight showing but I think I'm gonna hold out. Not sure if there's any seats left near me anyway. Have fun with the viewing! :D

God I can't wait until Xbone gets rocket league.

It's so so good. Just pure fun (and rage). I'll probably end up getting it on Xbox too just to play with folks on there.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Pretty sure Frankie flat out said they don't nail down the dates because of potential cert issues that could cause delays. So the whole "this week" thing shouldn't be surprising at this point.

UTfVDV6.png

Looking forward to some social over the break!

Tawpgun

It's been like that since Reach (maybe Halo 3, my memory is fuzzy).

Not sure about Reach but Halo 3 definitely gave you sudden death when you grabbed the flag.

Now it doesn't matter who grabs the flag and when, game only goes into OT when its already tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom