• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Wes S Super Whale Shark

Ahh, of course. That's quite a lot of weight, for anyones back :p

You should watch this guy's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hsFeBVn5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey61ePlHbfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIGZO1Qxc-A

Well edited and manages to pack a load of information into a nice and short video.

Nice thanks for these, gonna give them a watch. I saw quite a few cool jumps on Regret during Chigs stream. People are finding some sweet routes already. Clamber adds a whole new layer of jumpable spaces.

On the topic of the update, I think it's gonna be tomorrow. I'm 90% sure of it.

Glass

Hope it drops today, off to a friends from Wednesday to Friday to catch Star Wars together on Thursday night, I'll bring my Xbone but it won't get much of a look in. So fuck you Star Wars.

Trup1aya

Oops my b

Wow, I've watched multiple trick jumps for Plaza and they all have different version of the jumps or completely different ones. It's pretty incredible how much clamber and thrusting are being utilized for this game.

Yup, folks rolled their eyes when the Spartan abilities were revealed... The charge was that it dumb halo down, when in reality, they've been implemented in a way that adds more depth to the proceedings.

It's amazing to watch people leveraging every book and cranny in these maps

Yup, folks rolled their eyes when the Spartan abilities were revealed... The charge was that it dumb halo down, when in reality, they've been implemented in a way that adds more depth to the proceedings.

It's amazing to watch people leveraging every book and cranny in these maps

Can't lie, I was definitely a skeptic...but couldn't agree more. Maps don't even seem to be designed 100% with clamber in mind..some of these weren't intentional.

Trup1aya

Can't lie, I was definitely a skeptic...but couldn't agree more. Maps don't even seem to be designed 100% with clamber in mind..some of these weren't intentional.

It's hard to tell what was intentional and what wasn't. Im sure that the crouch jumps, stabilizer jumps, cancels and mason jumps were planned for the most part.

It's, Still not clear if the slide boost was intentional, but it's awesome.

Even if some of this stuff was accidental, kudos for 343 for laying down the groundwork by having solid mechanics...

Glass

Inititally I wasn't against the whole last hit thing for Warzone bosses, it's like that in all the MOBA's I'd played before. It was a harsh but tested rule. But I just did this and it's the perfect example why what works for MOBA's doesn't work in Warzone.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13261188

It won us the game and even I think its cheap. There's literally no way the enemy team could have stopped that, no way to lock down any area of the map to yourself, unlike DOTA where the Roshan encounter exists in a bubble. I hope the dual health bars idea is being looked at. That way, if your team fails to get the kill, you know you have no one to blame but yourselves.

link1201

WZ is broken in a 100 ways if you are looking at it to be fair and balanced. WZ seems designed to be for a laugh and chaotic situations.

BraXzy

Fml, saw a guy on Twitch with two playlists unranked, thought the update might have come out. He just hasn't played them at all :'(

Madness

Driving a Warthog perhaps? That does sound dubious for WZ Assault though.

No clue. He's a 90 SR though, using candy cane emblem and arena team squadron was his spartan company. I thought he'd bust out some wicked REQ's, be one of the top players.

Related but I finally played a laggy match. 5 minutes went by so slowly, and my shots would register but delayed. Ended up with 20+ assists because my teammates would get the kill. They even did the exploit and still couldn't take garage. Frank/Tashi/Josh, any time table on when this exploit will be fixed?

JackHerer

The dual health bar wouldn't really take anything away from the gametype and would remove a fair bit of frustration. It's the only sensible solution I've seen so far.

The dual health bar wouldn't really take anything away from the gametype and would remove a fair bit of frustration. It's the only sensible solution I've seen so far.

reward the points spread over percentage of damage done, if a team does 75% of the work to kill the AI, give them 75% of the points.

Does holding a base give you points? if not they need to do something about that because I see matches where people capture a base then just go out killing instead of taking other bases over.

Trup1aya

Rather than a dual health bar, I'd rather the encounter happen in a bubble... If locking down the area is a valid strategy, then losing the kill due to failure to lockdown should still be a thing...

The problem is that on two of the 3 maps, locking down the area isn't really possible...

in Hots we have the ability to defend a location. we know where they would come from.
in h5 you have 12 different ways to gank the opposing team or kill the warden. just simply cant contain that much of the map in h5.

idc about warzone wins/losses though. just there to use my crazy req and hope i dont die in the first 10 seconds lmao.

maybe they will tweak it down the road and have a better designated location for the warden. like the battle of the 3 type of deal. except it wont be 3 of them, just one. a team needs to go in a team needs to defend.

i think the solution to the bosses is spread the map more, more enemy spawns near armorys. more bosses.

the warden shouldnt be basically the WIN enemy.

in a game with maps with so many different approaches this might be a bad idea though. considering the best way to capture a base is when the other team gets a middle base, just go behind them because the whole enemy team has a mass exodus over to that middle base. more bosses might just spread the action too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom