• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass

Think the servers need some TLC, really bad lag in every one of my games today.

Edit: Nevermind, seems my console has set itself to strict NAT type, that's probably the culprit.

Edit: My NAT types now open but the 'network is behind a cone nat', is that optimal?

Trup1aya

Foaming at the mouth waiting for this update to drop...

As critical as I've been on this sustain model, they've got me by the balls...

For a little content the game has, I find that I enjoy all of it. Had Arena been more fleshed out at launch, I never would have known that I enjoy Warzone. Had I not grown tired of the launch content, I never would have known that I enjoy BTB (never liked that mode in any other Halo)

By being damn near forced to broaden my horizons, the game's content feels less light for some reason. Even though there's less shit to do, I'm doing more than I have in any other halo...

I'll probably try building stuff in forge, that'll be a first... Had Halo 5 been "complete" at launch, I'd never touch forge and I'd only have Arena games under my belt.

So weird... I kinda hate that this 'strategy' has worked on me

Rizzi

Woooo love getting matched up against the same pre made group over and over. It's totally great guys. So much fun. Not broken at all.

I swear I hear a 6 year old on this warzone match.

I also HATE how you can't shoot a wall in a tank to clear the enemy off your vehicle, it makes taking down heavy vehicles so OP

Rizzi

I fucking hate Warzone. I always get put on the teams of people who don't want to capture bases, use reqs or kill bosses. So, you know.

Glass

So changing my NAT to open ofcourse has improved my connection 100 fold. Its so weird how detrimental the strict setting is, I'd completely forgotten about it and just assumed the Halo servers were'nt looking favourably on me being outside the US. How many other people are going to make the same mistake, have no idea what a NAT type is or how to check for it, and stop playing the game due to lag? Such a weird problem for the X box to have.

Leyasu

Banned
Think the servers need some TLC, really bad lag in every one of my games today.

Edit: Nevermind, seems my console has set itself to strict NAT type, that's probably the culprit.

Edit: My NAT types now open but the 'network is behind a cone nat', is that optimal?

I put my xbone in he routers dmz. Touch wood it's been great since.

Strider

Because I got a new controller and the analog sticks are different... So while I had gotten used to the aim acceleration on my other controller now my aiming is all over the place again.

I don't feel like trying to adjust to it with the new controller when I'm just gonna end up changing the aiming settings anyway (and have to adjust again).

Between the acceleration, the slow turn bug, and new controller aiming in this game has been a bumpy ride. I'm ready for a consistent experience.

Because I got a new controller and the analog sticks are different... So while I had gotten used to the aim acceleration on my other controller now my aiming is all over the place again.

I don't feel like trying to adjust to it with the new controller when I'm just gonna end up changing the aiming settings anyway (and have to adjust again).

Between the acceleration, the slow turn bug, and new controller aiming in this game has been a bumpy ride. I'm ready for a consistent experience.

Elite? Mine comes in today... you have me worried. :/

Strider

Elite? Mine comes in today... you have me worried. :/

Yea it's an Elite.

And nah I wouldn't be worried. It's phenomenal. Most comfortable controller I've ever played with... My other controller had just gotten worn down and had really loose analog sticks so switching to the Elite felt weird when playing H5.

I've been playing MCC with it and the controller feels incredible. Once I can adjust the settings in H5 I'm sure it'll play like a dream.

--

My suggestion with the Elite though is to flip the back paddles upside down though. They are really sensitive at first... I was accidentally pressing them all the time. Reversing them makes a significant difference.

Fuchsdh

It's not the Elite, but the new default controllers with the 1/8" jack are very nice as well. The bumpers didn't really need fixing to me but the texture on the back of the Lunar ones is very nice (although strangely my headset stopped working with it so I have to use my other controller when I'm partied up :\)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just ran the network multiplayer diagnostic tool under settings and it tells me I have high pocket loss, %100.

Detailed network status looks fine, but mtu is 1500. Is that ping?

Wow, what would cause this?

Gah, my live issues better get sorted before cartographers gift launches. Running speed tests shows everything is fine. Google searches find a variety of widespread-ish issues with live at various times in the past, but its a bit concerning I see nothing related currently and the Xbox live status page shows 100%.

And what's with Xbox support these days? Twitter is my only contact?

An update since you all love to follow my ability or inability to play halo.

It worked itself out overnight. Live issue, not on my end. Thanks for the prayers.

what if the secret unnamed social playlist is infection....like why wouldnt they just tell us if its just like some grab bag arena playlist....why havent they said anything about it yet.....

no, stop it. stop it right now. stop doing this to yourself.

Yea it's an Elite.

And nah I wouldn't be worried. It's phenomenal. Most comfortable controller I've ever played with... My other controller had just gotten worn down and had really loose analog sticks so switching to the Elite felt weird when playing H5.

I've been playing MCC with it and the controller feels incredible. Once I can adjust the settings in H5 I'm sure it'll play like a dream.

--

My suggestion with the Elite though is to flip the back paddles upside down though. They are really sensitive at first... I was accidentally pressing them all the time. Reversing them makes a significant difference.

Flip the paddles upside down? I'm intrigued.

Yea it's an Elite.

--

It took me a couple of hours to get used to the tall right stick on the elite, but once it clicked I felt very comfortable moving to sensitivity 5 (from 4) so it does genuinely help.

I just removed two of the paddles so I only have one on each side. With Recon I only need jump and melee re-positioned, I've not really ran into a situation where I'd need sprint or changing weapons on the paddles.

It took me a couple of hours to get used to the tall right stick on the elite, but once it clicked I felt very comfortable moving to sensitivity 5 (from 4) so it does genuinely help.

I just removed two of the paddles so I only have one on each side. With Recon I only need jump and melee re-positioned, I've not really ran into a situation where I'd need sprint or changing weapons on the paddles.

Yeah, I use two paddles. One for jump and one for melee. It feels incredibly natural.

Spasm

I've shot a wall to kill hijackers. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Not in Halo 5, you haven't. Someone might have cleaned him off for you, and you may have gotten an assist from previous damage, but it seems he's invulnerable to your own splash damage while mounted.

I'd actually like to see Halo Mythbusters test it. It's such a stupid change, if true. Fucking up your own tank by half is ample price to pay for getting boarded.

Not in Halo 5, you haven't. Someone might have cleaned him off for you, and you may have gotten an assist from previous damage, but it seems he's invulnerable to your own splash damage while mounted.

I'd actually like to see Halo Mythbusters test it. It's such a stupid change, if true. Fucking up your own tank by half is ample price to pay for getting boarded.

Pretty sure I have done it in a Scorpion, but Wraith definitely can't. Boo!

Strider

The last H5 update hit early afternoon EST...

Even still it's not even 8 am in 343 land yet. There's no way they would have pushed out the update by now. It very well may not come today but the time has definitely not passed...

E92 M3

Once the control settings come out, I'll wait to see the best settings for making it feel like the old Halos. Also looking forward to social.

Spasm

Once the control settings come out, I'll wait to see the best settings for making it feel like the old Halos. Also looking forward to social.
I would like to see a list of how to tune to feel like other Halos. If 343 doesn't do it, maybe the XIM guys could? If I can get H5 to feel like CE, I'll go from Plat 3 to Onyx in no time.

The majority of my matches have been competitive.

Sometimes the score in strongholds matches can be lopsided, but in that gametype, one inch could be the difference between starting an 80pt run or surrendering one. The final score doesn't tell the whole story.

Edit: also noticed that when I talk and callout, my team does better, even if they aren't talking back. Sometimes, they turn their mic one because they hear me... So that helps too.

I hear what you are saying, sadly a lot of the people I get matched with aren't listening and just making dumb noises pre match. in any case it's not just strongholds, it's something I notice across different modes.

Thers's no way to know for sure until the update is live. BTB isn't actually social yet that's just some glitch that people are seeing... Probably a byproduct of some behind the scenes stuff they do before the patch goes live.

It makes no sense for them to remove CTF from BTB so I doubt it's true.

Yeh that seems to be the case and I'd hope so. I like H5, but the last thing it needs is less game modes...

Yay! I'm FINALLY a member of Gaf!

You guys wouldn't know this but I've been lurking and waiting for a chance to get to post with you. I've been with you since the first OP and even the sales topic.

Loving this game. I've yet to play anything else outside of 3 and 4 with my nephew besides this. It's not flawless (the story in the campaign had a few issues) but the mechanics, balance of weapons and MP more than make up for any shortcomings imho.

Anyway, this is my first post on this site and I wanted it to be in a topic with a franchise I love with you good people.

My GT is my username btw. Hope to converse and play with you guys soon.

As someone who's recently gone from junior to a member I know how you are feeling right now. I'm not a veteran by any means but congrats and welcome to GAF.

What's your rank?

Also, did the Warzone RP payout get lowered?

SR44
Team Arena - Plat 1
BTB - Gold 1
Slayer - Gold 1
FFA - Diamond 1

The rest I either don't play or haven't played enough to rank. I mostly play Warzone + BTB because I enjoy objective modes. Yeh it definitely got cut - I played a Warzone Assault game and only got 300 and something RP. It's something they have apparently fixed on their end though.

The RP getting cut had something to with pre update shenanigans according to @brav twitter feed.

Yeh I mentioned it was fixed (it was Apollo that asked).

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Plasma89/video/13253548

Yep of course the enemy eliminated him, clearly wasn't me.

That's how it starts. The fever misattribution. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness wasted REQs that turns good men cruel.
i know how you feel. What feels like inaccurate attribution drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom