• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I can't wait to use it! , hey guys this DMR variant it's the standard one right? so a level 6 REQ if I'm correct
VUJVfMl.png

Leyasu

Banned
If you bought the Warzone REQ bundle when the game launched (like pretty much everyone here) then it's over

I dont remember receiving my first packs until the monday after launch though. Which would make this week the seventh and last week. Funny thing is, I have tried a couple of times to buy another bundle, and it tells me tha I already own it.. Strange

I dont remember receiving my first packs until the monday after launch though. Which would make this week the seventh and last week. Funny thing is, I have tried a couple of times to buy another bundle, and it tells me tha I already own it.. Strange

Weird well I can tell you that you can only own 1 REQ bundle, don't try to buy a second one it will not work

Looks like it.

Enjoy!

Great thank you I will :D

Sai

Just yesterday, I finished unlocking all of my default DMRs; last one was with the DMR with the bayonet attachment, if I remember correctly.

Got a Sentinel DMR with stabilization jets, but I want the kinetic bolt & long barrel variants.

Yeah I love my vanilla DMR, I halve a level 8 long shot but I prefer the level 6 DMR.

Hey what is the beastly Saw I ran into last night?
It felt like I was getting smashed by gungoose grenades in quick succession, it drops you so fast and kind of makes it hard to move and fight back for the second you are under attack... some guy really went to town with it.

I need that gun!!

Madness

Yeah I love my vanilla DMR, I halve a level 8 long shot but I prefer the level 6 DMR.

Hey what is the beastly Saw I ran into last night?
It felt like I was getting smashed by gungoose grenades in quick succession, it drops you so fast and kind of makes it hard to move and fight back for the second you are under attack... some guy really went to town with it.

I need that gun!!

The Answer? I believe it's the saw with explosive rounds.

Any time I take a break from this game for a day, I come back and the sticks feel foreign all over again.

The controller setting update can't come quickly enough. The deadzones and acceleration are just completely unnatural. I feel like I'm not 'learning' them so much as numbing myself to the irritation of having to strafe-correct to make minute reticule adjustments for headshots, and simply dying in 1v1 battles when I shoot just wide left, just wide right, over and over and over when it comes to the final kill headshot.

Argh.

Any time I take a break from this game for a day, I come back and the sticks feel foreign all over again.

The controller setting update can't come quickly enough. The deadzones and acceleration are just completely unnatural. I feel like I'm not 'learning' them so much as numbing myself to the irritation of having to strafe-correct to make minute reticule adjustments for headshots, and simply dying in 1v1 battles when I shoot just wide left, just wide right, over and over and over.

Argh.

yeah this is disappointing. One thing halo always mastered was the controls, now they even fucked that up.

The controller setting update can't come quickly enough. The deadzones and acceleration are just completely unnatural. I feel like I'm not 'learning' them so much as numbing myself to the irritation of having to strafe-correct to make minute reticule adjustments for headshots, and simply dying in 1v1 battles when I shoot just wide left, just wide right, over and over and over when it comes to the final kill headshot.

Argh.

Exactly how I feel, I went back to this a few days ago after playing Rainbow 6 and I just stuck up the joint because I couldn't aim

Madness

It's always been like that for me with Halo though. Since the Halo CE days. If I left the game to play something else, it was tough to get back into it right away.

Based on how many have complained, I don't doubt there are aiming issues, but I think beyond the Default/Recon control scheme and how tough it is to incorporate ground pounds and spartan charges and thrust dash and ADS, I haven't really had too many issues with the aiming. Feels like the beta was.

Argh.

Yup it feels awful, I think its the deadzones? Feels like theres input lag, then add the aim accel ughhh. From now on 343 just copy paste h1/hr aiming.

Ok GAF so I've been thinking about this whole Warzone boss attribution thing.

I know it's whole last shot counts for the win/full points is intentional to make it possible for a team that's disadvantaged to turn things around.

The most common solution we are seeing is two health bars but I don't think 343 will go for that
despite our hopes
because they still want you to be able to come in and kill a boss after destroying enemies without having to start from scratch I guess.

How does HaloGAF feel about boss enemies (at least the legendary ones) have two shields instead of two health bars. This was 343 can keep their mechanic as is and it's still possible for a team to usurp the kills, but they still have to put in some work to break their bosses shield.

No camping in a corner with a sniper waiting for low health before you put in one or two shots. You'd still have to earn it.

So picture this:
Red team comes along and secures the area, fires and breaks captain Hestro's red team shield. Then they put about 40% of the damage into him.

Blue team come along and tries to put some damage but they have to break their own version of the shield before their rounds start counting to depleting his health. Instead the focus on clearing off red and are successful and resume bringing Hestro's health down to around 10%

A Red team guy has been hanging back this whole time and gets a sniper and is just camping waiting for blue team to do the remainder of the work and get the last shot. He fires a single shot at what he thinks is the right time but it doesn't count because he has to deal with the red version of Hestro's shield.

Blue team get the kill they worked hard for and red sniper realised he should have instead been killing blue guys to stop them and buy time for his team.​

It won't solve all of the problems but this way it's more predictable because you know if you can't deny enough of their team, their potion of the shield will recharge and you can buy time for your team.

There doesn't need to be any special visual effect. Just a regular shield as normal (or even no effect - it would be enough to just have another bar like you see for boss shields. One for each team colour and another for the actual health). All 3 bars are visible to both teams.

343 can still keep last shot wins. Team play can still turn around a game. Area control and enemy denial are still important. Who wins is more predictable.

I got a DMR from a Premium REQ pack on launch day. It was the REQ level 8 though. I got the vanilla 6 when I was around level 45 which was nice.

I've been filling out my REQ collection, I think I need around 50 Warzone games to complete silver-tier REQ. Depends on how many emblems are unlocked through commendations. Then I can move to gold packs. The addition of Cartographer's Gift will slow this down, I might even start doing gold again in hopes of getting the Mk. IV.

Also I got the Dynasty and Midnight visors today, I wanted both, but I'm going with Dynasty as the gold looks too good.

It's always been like that for me with Halo though. Since the Halo CE days. If I left the game to play something else, it was tough to get back into it right away.

Based on how many have complained, I don't doubt there are aiming issues, but I think beyond the Default/Recon control scheme and how tough it is to incorporate ground pounds and spartan charges and thrust dash and ADS, I haven't really had too many issues with the aiming. Feels like the beta was.

I've been playing Battlefront and Halo with no problem adapting back to Halo's aiming. Battlefront is the polar opposite compared to Halo, you can be brain dead and succeed in Battlefront. Explains why Elzar likes it so much.
<3

Karl2177

Not sure about Reach but Halo 3 definitely gave you sudden death when you grabbed the flag.

Now it doesn't matter who grabs the flag and when, game only goes into OT when its already tied.

Kidding, that's new. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the clock.

They need to do something about RP and XP boosts in Arena. Green and Blue cards hardly give you anything and they're few and far between as it is. I got a 150 RP boost on a green card, while I could have sold the card for 100 RP. :p

Hwre comes my losing streak. Gonna assimilate myself to the bumber jumper. ......

Fuck

Edit:fuck this

The layout on the elite controller is what i need. Lol

They need to do something about RP and XP boosts in Arena. Green and Blue cards hardly give you anything and they're few and far between as it is. i GOT A 150 RP boost on a green card, while I could have sold the card for 100 RP. :p

Something like the daily and weekly challenges from Halo Reach would be awesome on Halo 5!

Reach_MPBeta_Challenges.jpg

343 PLZ!

Strider

They said the week of the 15th, not the 15th. Please 343, don't date anything vaguely again D:

Or just say. "On or before (last day of the work week) the 18th" instead of "Week of (some early day in the week) the 15th"

This way that later date gets in peoples heads and then it drops "early"

Then let the "BASED 343!" posts roll in :p

They said the week of the 15th, not the 15th. Please 343, don't date anything vaguely again D:

Noooo im pretty sure Bravo repetated tuesday multiple times on that stream. If you're going to say "the week of" I don't know anyone that uses a Tuesday to explain the week

link1201

Something like the daily and weekly challenges from Halo Reach would be awesome on Halo 5!

Reach_MPBeta_Challenges.jpg

343 PLZ!

That be great just as long as they don't change how people play. I am actually kind of bummed I won my first tow matches today. Yesterday was fun trying to in in Warzone.

BraXzy

This way that later date gets in peoples heads and then it drops "early"

Then let the "BASED 343!" posts roll in :p

I thought that dating it worst case scenario and dropping it early if possible would be the way to go if anything. But then people are messed about expecting it later on and maybe being busy the day it drops early and complaining. I don't see a way you can win without setting something in stone and sticking with it with a buffer.

That be great just as long as they don't change how people play. I am actually kind of bummed I won my first tow matches today. Yesterday was fun trying to in in Warzone.

This goes for any additional achievements as well. Don't change the way people play multiplayer.

I really Love Halo 5, but Im getting sick of this lag. I melee people on my last game and it didn't connect a single one. It really didn't do damage.

Fuchsdh

This goes for any additional achievements as well. Don't change the way people play multiplayer.

I'm wondering if we're going to get any more achievements, actually. You'd think we'd get some for this content update, but that's not happening, and we're unlikely to get any paid DLC they'd attach achievements to. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays with what's in the base game.

BraXzy

Speaking of updates... The massive new dota 2 update goes live tomorrow. I really want to try that out, but then... Halo's new update will almost definitely go live tomorrow. And Star Wars "goes live" tomorrow too. Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom