• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Doesn't matter how many shots he missed surely, he melee'd the sword guy when the sword guy had no shields. Should have been a kill.

It's never worked like that for me in this game. I miss melee kills like that all the time.

So unless there is constant lag (there isn't) then just because a person's shields are down doesnt necessarily mean a melee kills them in H5.

I've no idea the exact amount of damage needed though... But I've always had to put more shots in people after I take off their shields with an AR

I think i heard someone say that if your thruster isn't recharged, you wont lunge when meleein'g, so you kind of hit the air instead of lunge punching the shit out of his noggin.

I assume he means the melee at the end? Looks like it should have been a kill if it connected but he died just before -- pretty sure he's right in that they would have traded if they both had the same ping.

Or idk maybe it's something these 2 suggested. All I know is I've been in a similar situation many many times and I've not gotten the trade. That video doesn't really look like anything is off to me (lag wise).

--

Just got Raijin armor from a bronze pack. New reqs are in.

Time to rock the classic BR and Raijin set in Warzone :D

I'm not a halo expert either but IMO you missed too many shots. Lag is not to blame here

I assume he means the melee at the end? Looks like it should have been a kill if it connected but he died just before -- pretty sure he's right in that they would have traded if they both had the same ping.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I will forever soak in this glory while I can.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Time to never play Arena Breakout again.

Caja 117

What makes matters worse is that this just furthers the games accessibility bar for the more casual gamers. Theres no way theyre going to fiddle with that inner and outer shit or understand what the hell it does. This is not the way to go if they wanna bring halo back to mass market appeal. Games have to be easy to play yet hard to master. if it isnt easy to control from the get-go, youre just shooting yourself in the foot imo.

343, for all the steps forward they take, they seem to take just as many backwards. I really dont like their inconsistencies.

What? So they gave people what they wanted, and they still taking step backwards? What?

JackHerer

The aiming update just brought this game to another level to me. It feels so damn good. Playing at 4 sense, 2 acceleration, inner Deadzone 0%, outer Deadzone 1%.

What makes matters worse is that this just furthers the games accessibility bar for the more casual gamers. Theres no way theyre going to fiddle with that inner and outer shit or understand what the hell it does. This is not the way to go if they wanna bring halo back to mass market appeal. Games have to be easy to play yet hard to master. if it isnt easy to control from the get-go, youre just shooting yourself in the foot imo.

343, for all the steps forward they take, they seem to take just as many backwards. I really dont like their inconsistencies.

The fumbled out of the gate for sure, but they've at least taken the step to give people a means of fixing it.

I agree that it may be too little, too late for a lot of the more average gaming audience, who just decided the game didn't feel right and moved on, or have no idea what deadzones and aim acceleration even are.

But I'm thrilled I have the option to fix it, instead of being forced to bang my head against the wall and wishing the game controlled better.

BraXzy

Time to never play Arena Breakout again.

Hehe, right?

We only got Arena Breakout once. Which is weird considering most people are moaning its come up too much.

I think we had one Breakout,3 Slayer and 6 Strongholds. So my KDA went to shit throwing myself into pits haha.

Not played since I placed, eating and such. Gonna see if I can place Champ in SWAT before too many folks place. That is if I'm not already dropped to Onyx.

see5harp

I'm super happy there's a way for everyone to get what they want out of the controls, but don't get it twisted, you are the issue. 99% of the people in this thread have no problem shooting your head over and over again.

Detective

Guys you just need to pick something you feel will work then stick with it. Every Halo controls differently so it's weird seeing you talk as if they don't... I literally just played MCC yesterday so I know.

Nothing feels great right away because even though the settings will be close to the older Halos this game stil plays differently, the weapons handle differently, etc. On top of that you've been dealing with higher aim acceleration and even if you never felt comfortable with that you stil have grown somewhat used to it... And constantly flipping settings around doesn't help either.

I posted this earlier but my suggestion is start with aim acceleration at 2 and inner deadzone at 6-8%... Try it for a few games... Then work from there. Playing for a bit on these settings and it feels waaay better than before the patch now and a lot of other people that have been posting have settled in on similar settings it seems.

What about outer dead zone?

Thanks for the recommendation:)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so how are these maps?

also, is shotty snipes as common as it appears in social? kind of ruins the appeal...

I see the controller update as this scenario;

"Hey, i'd really like if we got local steak burgers from you instead of that new ground beef-majig. I liked your tasting tray you had us try months ago. That was so goood, SOOO GOOOOOOD, MMMMMM.... "

-Sure, no problem, and guess what? We'll also add the options of curly fries, steak fries, tater tots or sweet potato fries! you don't need to do anything if you like our original string fries, just order as you normal did before. The choice is yours.

"Well, i don't think i should have to choose which fries or meat. You should do that for me since im a paying customer"

-Sure, no problem, and guess what?
FILL IN THE BLANK

Detective

I didn't change it at all. I don't plan to so I've no idea what to suggest there. Maybe improvements could be made with that setting as well but I'm happy as is so I'll stick with the default.

So outer at default setting?

Could you please explain to me in a. Layman terms what will happened if I set it to 15 , 0 or 8?

Much appreciated bro.

the new aim options are helping me a fair bit, just need to get 100% used to the adjustments but they really help.

50k req spent and all I got was needlers, warthogs and armors :/

*EDIT* OMG we won a match and the server disconnected AFTER it loaded up the results screen, it DID NOT count towards my placement match :/ fuck sake why it was a completed game

My history only shows the match before it, not the ctf I just played on empire......................

Strider

What rarity level is the spnkr?

Rare

--

Enemy just pulled out a Phaeton when the score was roughly 900 to 900.

G fuckin G lol

Anyway gonna take a break for now. Controls feel excellent now. New Reqs and social playlists are great. New WZ map is awesome (no opinion on the Arena maps yet).

Update overall is fucking excellent.

I've got like 50k req. Is it time to use then it is there a special day ? :)

You could wait till they release the gold pack bundle buying that includes some bonus. should be a couple of days

edited source:

■Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/Cartographers-Gift

Sordid

Only had time for one game but the server felt great, fingers crossed that's the out of region matching solved! Had one weird issue, the post game carnage report said I only had 9 kills but the in game score and Halo Waypoint both say I had 15. Nothing major though :)

Edit: Got a Classic Br from my bronze pack after that game, aw yiss.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hehe, right?

We only got Arena Breakout once. Which is weird considering most people are moaning its come up too much.

I think we had one Breakout,3 Slayer and 6 Strongholds. So my KDA went to shit throwing myself into pits haha.

Not played since I placed, eating and such. Gonna see if I can place Champ in SWAT before too many folks place. That is if I'm not already dropped to Onyx.

Whoops, meant Team Arena. Read that wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom