• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I will forever soak in this glory while I can.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Strider

Yea I actually did end up making a slight adjustment again to my inner deadzone. 8% now.

I think aim acceleration 2 with an inner deadzone of 6-8% is the best place to start for those of you looking to adjust settings. Then adjust as needed from there

Strider

Hehe, I will wait till the sea has settled a bit and people who belong in champ with teams have got a little higher than what I assume is 1500 :3

Booooooo.

But seriously pretty dope. You'll always have Champion next to your name now in the "all-time top CSR" section on Waypoint.

Yea I actually did end up making a slight adjustment again to my inner deadzone. 8% now.

I think aim acceleration 2 with an inner deadzone of 6-8% is the best place to start for those of you looking to adjust settings. Then adjust as needed from there

What does lowering it do exactly?

Strider

What does lowering it do exactly?

Lowering Inner deadzone makes it so you do not have to move the right analog stick as far to begin movement of the reticle. The larger the deadzone the farther you have to move the analog stick.

Check the link klaus posted. 343 gives a brief overview of inner deadzone there.

Lucifon

I just can't get the aiming down. No matter what I adjust it still feels like I'm battling with the controls. Hoping someone can find a perfect setting.

BraXzy

Congrats. How does that work if you are beat out? Do you go to Onyx 2000 or something?

Well base Onyx is 1500. So until more than 200 people have hit that, the base number is technically the top 200, therefore Champion. The second someone wins one game more than me, they will push me down.

Whenever it happens, I'll still be 1500.

Booooooo.

But seriously pretty dope. You'll always have Champion next to your name now in the "all-time top CSR" section on Waypoint.

I already had, being pro and all (and also having the game a day early). I hope that one day I am actually good enough to maintain Champ in a playlist. Maybe one day.

E92 M3

He says halo games have used these default settings in the passed yet these default controls feel foreign to me. Something isnt right.

Halo 5 isn't a very well controlling game. Will have to get home and experiment in getting it right. Wish it didn't have to be that way, though.

Something feels off with warzone, i've spawned a white banshee and shot 5 fuel rod shots at people but got no kills, then got AR'd out of the thing with ease.

My damage feels like it's half

I wonder if the controls for the older halo games were catered with 30fps in mind. they probably had to do some tinkering with 60fps.

That's just my guess though. Any experts in here care to elaborate the different with controls at these FPSs?

BraXzy

I wonder if the controls for the older halo games were catered with 30fps in mind. they probably had to do some tinkering with 60fps.

That's just my guess though. Any experts in here care to elaborate the different with controls at these FPSs?

I didn't think about that. I have no idea if that would actually affect anything though.

I think at some point I might research and tinker with controls in UE4. Interesting lil' subject.

Strider

Guys you just need to pick something you feel will work then stick with it. Every Halo controls differently so it's weird seeing you talk as if they don't... I literally just played MCC yesterday so I know.

Nothing feels great right away because even though the settings will be close to the older Halos this game stil plays differently, the weapons handle differently, etc. On top of that you've been dealing with higher aim acceleration and even if you never felt comfortable with that you stil have grown somewhat used to it... And constantly flipping settings around doesn't help either.

I posted this earlier but my suggestion is start with aim acceleration at 2 and inner deadzone at 6-8%... Try it for a few games... Then work from there. Playing for a bit on these settings and it feels waaay better than before the patch now and a lot of other people that have been posting have settled in on similar settings it seems.

Strider

Ok, somebody help me with req packs pls! First, i need to open bronze to open the common-uncommon cards? Or something tips, tricks maybe?

Open bronze until you unlock all common reqs.

Then move to silver until you unlock all uncommon and rare reqs.

Then move to gold.

Halo 5 isn't a very well controlling game. Will have to get home and experiment in getting it right. Wish it didn't have to be that way, though.

It doesnt make sense though, ive never had to do this in any other game, even COD. The controls always feel good there. In halo i never had problems aiming, now with 5 im stuggling and only in 5 for some reason. Not in Destiny, BO3, Battlefront, halo4 or any other FPS. They did something to the controls that much i do know.

I'm fiddling with all the Forge options right now and "NAMED LOCATION VOLUME" is an option. Custom callouts B O Y S

That being said, you can't actually type in names of your own - you can choose from a hugeass list of names that include literally every callout in the game and then some, though - presumably to avoid causing the in-game callout banter from shitting the bed.

first two warzone matches of the update and both sour experiances with stacked teams :/ i saved a video of me shooting someone and melee'ing them yet they survive because of lag not seeing my punch on the server.

He says halo games have used these default settings in the passed yet these default controls feel foreign to me. Something isnt right.

The obvious conclusion to make is that the Xbox One sticks are configured slightly differently than Xbox 360 sticks at the hardware or dev kit level, and 343i just copied/pasted the settings from the Xbox 360 without accounting for any changes in hardware.

Nobody who played a Halo game on the Xbox 360 can claim with a straight face that the shipping settings in Halo 5 felt the same.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fun fact, in Holiday Social, you may play on BTB maps.

this is 5v5 right? if so, thats great. i'll take more map variety at the expense of slightly packed games on some maps and too spread out on others in my social. yay!

Fuchsdh

I'm fiddling with all the Forge options right now and "NAMED LOCATION VOLUME" is an option. Custom callouts B O Y S

That being said, you can't actually type in names of your own - you can choose from a hugeass list of names that include literally every callout in the game and then some, though - presumably to avoid causing the in-game callout banter from shitting the bed.

Don't forget preventing 12 year olds from creating YOUR MOM as a location.

The obvious conclusion to make is that the Xbox One sticks are configured slightly differently than Xbox 360 sticks at the hardware or dev kit level, and 343i just copied/pasted the settings from the Xbox 360 without accounting for any changes in hardware.

Nobody who played a Halo game on the Xbox 360 can claim with a straight face that the shipping settings in Halo 5 felt the same.

What makes matters worse is that this just furthers the games accessibility bar for the more casual gamers. Theres no way theyre going to fiddle with that inner and outer shit or understand what the hell it does. This is not the way to go if they wanna bring halo back to mass market appeal. Games have to be easy to play yet hard to master. if it isnt easy to control from the get-go, youre just shooting yourself in the foot imo.

343, for all the steps forward they take, they seem to take just as many backwards. I really dont like their inconsistencies.

Tried playing around with the aiming for a couple of WZ Assault matches, ended up just setting the deadzone to 0% and keeping everything else as it is. Going to 2 acceleration just feels too slow at short range and I lose the ability to make small adjustments for long range. If you're a fan of the default controls in the previous games in the series it's probably better!

Deadzone definitely helps though. And the small UI improvements are very nice, feels a lot more coherent somehow.

Laws00

How many gigs is the update and what are the social playlist gametypes?

Im at work wont be back cause im going xmas shopping

Madness

How many gigs is the update and what are the social playlist gametypes?

Im at work wont be back cause im going xmas shopping

3.8 gb update, BTB is social and Holiday Social which has 10 players, and includes Snipers/Slayer etc. Also, Holiday Doubles is a ranked playlist.

JackHerer

Been playing around with Forge just to see what's possible aesthetically. You can create some nice shiny metal lookimg pieces with colors and matte setting. Also gloves are really cool. Grouping is sweet.

Using A and B to change altitude is gonna be a tough adjustment for a lot of people. I never forged much and was still having a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom