• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Turned down the aim acceleration a couple of notches, halved the deadzones, and it already feels quite a bit better.

Didn't have the time to play much, but I hope to get quite a few more games in this evening.

That and actual rank being shown for each player in Arena before the match (similar to what the beta was).

They changed that on purpose, though it'd be nice if we could see ranks while in-game. I want to know what I'm up against and adjust how I'm playing if need be.

see5harp

I actually think leaving the rank out is a good idea for the ranked playlist. They should list names though, at least and some sort of indicator to show who is chatting.

Post game medals should be at the top of their list for January, at least I would hope.

Naw I'm pretty sure reintroducing the missing staple gametypes is at the top of every conceivable list. Should have been at the top of their first update.

The fact that we're two updates in and still don't have them makes me suspicious that they're having issues or misallocating resources.

I actually think leaving the rank out is a good idea for the ranked playlist. They should list names though, at least and some sort of indicator to show who is chatting.

Yep. Leave the ranks out during matchmaking so people dont see high levels and immediately quit.

However show the names, show armor/stance, and show me who is talking to me.

Think I've settled on settings.

Aim acceleration 2
Sensitivity 4
Inner Deadzone 6%

I think it's pretty crucial to lower the deadzone if you lower the acceleration. I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with closer enemies when it was on default. Especially if they were thrusting.

I havent had a chance to play it myself yet, but your settings are what I expect mine to be.

Madness

Anyone know how to full screen clips when viewing them? Ever since the NXOE I can only see it in a smaller player with comments to the side.

Strider

Aim acceleration 2
Sensitivity 4
Inner Deadzone 6%

I think it's pretty crucial to lower the deadzone if you lower the acceleration. I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with closer enemies when it was on default. Especially if they were thrusting.

see5harp

I think it defaults to the overlay video player if you play from your notification or community page. If you go to GameDVR, I know you can watch your stuff in full screen.

singhr1

Dayummm two Warden Eternal spawns on Noctus! Both near the monument, one earlier spawns on one side near one garage and the other late game on the other garage's side.

Overall very fun. Like I suspected, TANK BEATS EVERYTHING on this map. Got a killing frenzy+ with it.

How about that long buried request frankie would pay money for.

Announcer Voice Overs -

• Vale
  • Black Box
  • Grunt
  • M'Shak
  • Buck
  • locke
  • Mister Chief
  • Exuberant
  • Arbitor

343i PLZ

Aim acceleration 2
Sensitivity 4
Inner Deadzone 6%

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing this! I have trust in this and will try this A.S.A.P!

4 sensitivity was my main number through alll the halos until 5. had to keep it at 3 :(

blamite

This update has Spartan Company commendations, right? Anyone get a look at those yet? They don't seem to be up on Waypoint yet.

Tawpgun

alright, arena breakout already needs to be toned down in team arena. I've gotten it 5 out of my 7 placement matches...

the dream
68175.png

Aim acceleration 2
Sensitivity 4
Inner Deadzone 6%

call me an old man but I find look speed 2, accel 1 and 6% inner deadzone to feel a lot more like halo 3, thus nicer to aim with.

Not MCC halo 3 that is broken and too loose because they reversed the sticky aiming somehow.

BraXzy

Parties up with Chig, slowly starting to pull my own weight but damn, I was getting wrecked at first haha.

Playing vs pros is challenging but makes you play better than you would. Plus team of 4 communication > solo.

Holy shit. Mods, can we get a ban in here!?

Hahaha dude, for what??

Yeah what the heck is this guy on about? I don't think being a quitter in a videogame is a bannable neogaf offense. Sure the guy is a dick, but what's that got to do with gaf?

What is Antifreeze a remake of... Avalanche?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I believe it's said to be loosely inspired by sidewinder/avalanche though in the video I watched they indicated it had strayed pretty far from them.

If I have the time (which means probably never) I'd like to make a proper H5 Sidewinder port in forge.

singhr1

Lol

SL9pones: When does Halo Wars 2 take place? Before, during, or after H5?

A: Yes.

EightWalk326413: Aside from Blue Team and possibly Naomi and the Spartans aboard the Spirit of Fire, are there any other surviving Spartan-II's as of 2558?

A: Yes.

The mythos book sounds like a must buy for me.

same here. Some art to go along with each story sounds VERY inducing. :) i figure some of the stories will have fat trimmed, but i suspect they will keep the meat nice and tender for me. Might even add some spice if you know what im saaayinnnnnnnnn...

Champion 39 in Team Arena PogChamp!!!

It'll last 10 minutes haha.

BraXzy gonna carry all of us guys.

BraXzy

How does that work? Do you just wake up in onyx when you get booted out if the top 200n

Yup. Happened to me at launch, I was Champion 66 in SWAT for maybe 2 hours haha.

It literally looks at every Onyx rank, the people with the 200 highest gets the Champion rank. There's no derank as such, you're either in the top 200, or you ain't.

Korosenai

Has anyone been able to fix the controls to make the aiming feel like the older halos with the new settings?

Edit: Also, is there a way to see what came in a req pack I opened? Opened a warzone req pack earlier on the website, but it glitches out and never showed me what was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom