• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love it when someone tries to run around a corner thinking they are running away from me. I then just follow them at a parrallel axis.. line up that headshot for the kill.

ah i cant wait to try to play.

pieface

So the placement rankings are based on individual performances? Me and my Bro played the exact same games and he finished Onyx and I was Diamond? I thought it was based on win/lose?

Caja 117

So the placement rankings are based on individual performances? Me and my Bro played the exact same games and he finished Onyx and I was Diamond? I thought it was based on win/lose?

Placement matches are performace + W/L

BTW i havent noticed much with changing aceleration, does having an Elite controller have something to do with it?

link1201

I think I'm going to wait for the weekend to do my placement matches. I like ranking up and don't wanna get stuck in a higher rank because the season has just started.

spent the >50k points I saved on silvers and finally get a DMR...

...its a level 8 DMR with stabilisation. So:

A) i will never get to use it or i will only get it so late into the game that i won't even be able to enjoy it

B) Its a DMR, why does it even need stabilisation. I knew this would be the exact one i got and its the one i least wanted... fuck.

Noctus is awesome though. feels like it is a lot less likely that a team will be able to easily take all 3 bases (though that might be because its still early days and people haven't worked out the strategies yet.) I'm loving the multiple bosses and routes for infantry though.

Fuchsdh

spent the >50k points I saved on silvers and finally get a DMR...

...its a level 8 DMR with stabilisation. So:

A) i will never get to use it or i will only get it so late into the game that i won't even be able to enjoy it

B) Its a DMR, why does it even need stabilisation. I knew this would be the exact one i got and its the one i least wanted... fuck.

Noctus is awesome though. feels like it is a lot less likely that a team will be able to easily take all 3 bases (though that might be because its still early days and people haven't worked out the strategies yet.) I'm loving the multiple bosses and routes for infantry though.

Have you used the stabilized BR? It wrecks everyone at long range, you don't have to adjust your aim for recoil at all. I imagine it's the same for the DMR.

I think i heard someone say that if your thruster isn't recharged, you wont lunge when meleein'g, so you kind of hit the air instead of lunge punching the shit out of his noggin.

or maybe he sliced your arm as you meleed his sword :p GG

If this is true, no wonder I've missed so many assassinations lol

I'd recommend against playing ranked playlists today. Servers are fucked. I've had issues starting multiple Warzone matches, and have been kicked halfway through 2 out of 4 matches in the Holiday Social playlist.

BraXzy

Jesus... I stopped playing for a couple of hours and I feel like I've never played the game before in my life. Wtf. I guess I need to do some more tweaking :/

New Features and Content:

Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).
Hmm, what does this mean exactly? So to maximize my chances of Mk. IV, should I wait to spend this 200k I have on Golds?
Serious business
lol you bet it is!

Got diamond 1 in team arena, i'm plenty happy with that.

The tweaks we can do to the aiming really help, i'm still aiming like a drunk trying to get that last headshot to land but i'm better at shooting overall.

Hmm, what does this mean exactly? So to maximize my chances of Mk. IV, should I wait to spend this 200k I have on Golds?

lol you bet it is!

it's possible that it's real money packs only, instead of £2.29 per gold pack pay £10 and get 5 packs + 2 bonus.

Fuchsdh

First impressions are solid on Noctus. Definitely feels more open and less risky to take vehicles out than the other maps, but still gives infantry plenty of options.

Going to dive into Forge nowwwww

Spasm

So, 343... Do the new controls options really NOT apply to Campaign, or did you just forget to add those settings to Campaign's in-game settings menu?

maximrace

Man this update is fantastic. The control options make this game feel new, so smooth. Aim acc at 2 and deadzones at 8 and it's sooo much better.

Also really happy for social playlists and rank reset, been wrecking people all evening :p

So matchmaking has been throwing me into matches against teams so substantially better than me that I honestly want to quit the game for good. The infuriatingly bad spawns aren't helping matters.

5V5 and Snipers in the social playlist? My hype boner just died before it got started, ugh.

It really truly is a miserable experience.

I love the new content in the update, but holy hell, I haven't been so aggravated playing Halo in ages. The one match (out of ten) that I won today was a BTB match where my team had such a strong initial lead that everyone on the enemy team quit. By the end, we were just hoping they'd attack us so we could get to 100 kills.

Damn, I'll have to try and figure out aiming settings similar to the way Destiny works. Say what you want about that game, but the aiming feels really good in it.

Madness

Any idea of what they're doing to combat the rampant quitting? JiP is not and has never been an adequate solution in Halo, nor is making playlists social so that at least ranks don't get affected.

Any idea of what they're doing to combat the rampant quitting? JiP is not and has never been an adequate solution in Halo, nor is making playlists social so that at least ranks don't get affected.

I am still hoping for:

1. Make quitters wait at least until the match they quit finishes before they can re-enter matchmaking.

2. Add a new daily quest which gives you a REQ pack for finishing 3-5 games in a row without quitting (might sometimes be unfair for people who get disconnected but such is life).

Trup1aya

I think i heard someone say that if your thruster isn't recharged, you wont lunge when meleein'g, so you kind of hit the air instead of lunge punching the shit out of his noggin.

or maybe he sliced your arm as you meleed his sword :p GG

If that's true, it's yet another nuance I was unaware of... I'm kinda hoping it's true; a layer of depth instead of an inconsistency.

Welfare

They should take away REQ points for quitting.

Add in a reward for playing X amount of games without a disconnect.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Someone tweeted us a Force Awakens spoiler image, and I saw it while checking mentions.

I might cry...I think I'm crying...I'm crying.

If that's true, it's yet another nuance I was unaware of... I'm kinda hoping it's true; a layer of depth instead of an inconsistency.

I think it's true from personal experience but it could also have been lag so wouldn't swear on it (tends to happen when I thruster to dodge a charge and then attempt to melee in return). Google doesn't return a quick answer either so it's definitely not a well appreciated feature if it's there lol.

Played Noctus in my first Warzone match today. Lost, but it was a close back and forth match.

For the most part it's a very well designed map.

But for the love of god 343, can you PLEASE get over your love of pointless geometry?!

My Spartan - an advanced supersoldier mind you - cannot scale a simple street-side curb separating ground-level street from slightly elevated lawn, without jumping to clear what is, at best, a terrain change of 1 foot.

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING CURB EXIST?! WHY DO ANY OF THESE CURBS EXIST?! HOW DOES THIS CURB ENHANCE THE MAP IN ANY WAY, to be in the middle of a juking and weaving fire fight, only to knock up against something, stop dead and die.

This isn't a wall or an object, or something that can be used for cover, something that players can use to intentionally influence the fire-fight, or something that even hits your FOV in the periphery. This is a shin-level pain in the ass that ADDS NOTHING. It's fucking decoration.

It's artists over-ruling game designers.

STOP IT.

Put players FIRST.

For fucks sake...

/rant

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Played Noctus in my first Warzone match today. Lost, but it was a close back and forth match.

For the most part it's a very well designed map.

But for the love of god 343, can you PLEASE get over your love of pointless geometry?!

My Spartan - an advanced supersoldier mind you - cannot scale a simple street-side curb separating ground-level street from slightly elevated lawn, without jumping to clear what is, at best, a terrain change of 1 foot.

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING CURB EXIST?! WHY DO ANY OF THESE CURBS EXIST?! HOW DOES THIS CURB ENHANCE THE MAP IN ANY WAY, to be in the middle of a juking and weaving fire fight, only to knock up against something, stop dead and die.

This isn't a wall or an object, or something that can be used for cover, something that players can use to intentionally influence the fire-fight, or something that even hits your FOV in the periphery. This is a shin-level pain in the ass that ADDS NOTHING. It's fucking decoration.

It's artists over-ruling game designers.

STOP IT.

Put players FIRST.

For fucks sake...

/rant

I saw this before the edit.

:-|

Least you didn't say lazy devs.

Like how different Noctus feels from the other maps. Nice change of pace from March on Stormbreak that is literally all choke points, whereas this you can go just about anywhere to get point to point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom