• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Noctus in my first Warzone match today. Lost, but it was a close back and forth match.

For the most part it's a very well designed map.

But for the love of god 343, can you PLEASE get over your love of pointless geometry?!

My Spartan - an advanced supersoldier mind you - cannot scale a simple street-side curb separating ground-level street from slightly elevated lawn, without jumping to clear what is, at best, a terrain change of 1 foot.

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING CURB EXIST?! WHY DO ANY OF THESE CURBS EXIST?! HOW DOES THIS CURB ENHANCE THE MAP IN ANY WAY, to be in the middle of a juking and weaving fire fight, only to knock up against something, stop dead and die.

This isn't a wall or an object, or something that can be used for cover, something that players can use to intentionally influence the fire-fight, or something that even hits your FOV in the periphery. This is a shin-level pain in the ass that ADDS NOTHING. It's fucking decoration.

It's artists over-ruling game designers.

STOP IT.

Put players FIRST.

For fucks sake...

/rant
All this because he got stuck on a piece of geometry on his first match playing on a new map.

fucking hell, I'm gonna get a platinum because I lost two team-mates in a breakout arena match and and then I got partied up with some terrible players in another and lost it badly.

so long my diamond and my hopes for a onyx this season :(

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
They changed that on purpose, though it'd be nice if we could see ranks while in-game. I want to know what I'm up against and adjust how I'm playing if need be.

I know it was a purposeful change, but now that social is a thing, it should be brought back. People who don't want to play ranked don't have to now.

Spasm

Still getting stuck in post game carnage with no way of backing out before the next game, no access to menus, reqs, etc. Was hoping this'd get fixed.

it's possible that it's real money packs only, instead of £2.29 per gold pack pay £10 and get 5 packs + 2 bonus.
Hmm, I should probably finish off my uncommons/rares before buying these Gold packs.

a3a18d311619addddff40ab9f6fa2721.png

Do I spend it on Gold for a chance at Mk. IV when I have 26 uncommons/rares left or just get Silvers until that's done? Tough decision ;b

Trup1aya

Hmm, I should probably finish off my uncommons/rares before buying these Gold packs.

a3a18d311619addddff40ab9f6fa2721.png

Do I spend it on Gold for a chance at Mk. IV when I have 26 uncommons/rares left or just get Silvers until that's done? Tough decision ;b

Silvers surely. You'll still have 135k left for golds when you are done.

Have you used the stabilized BR? It wrecks everyone at long range, you don't have to adjust your aim for recoil at all. I imagine it's the same for the DMR.

I would have taken a plain DMR I could call in at level 6 over a rarely available level 8 though man. How many warzone games have people played that get to 8? And tbh by the time the game gets there, you wouldnt even be able to enjoy it.

Also 343 pls, multiteam BTB strongholds — it works like this:
— There are 4 capture points instead of 3.
— Three teams of 4 or 5 players fighting over them (red, yellow, blue)
— Still requires 2 captures to score
— uses the larger forge maps but with some cool bases

The game now becomes as much about actively denying the other two teams from scoring as it is about scoring for yourself. Also some potential for "enemy of my enemy" scenarios. Craziness, hilarity
and inevitable betrayals of temporary alliances
ensue.

jem0208

I can't get over how much fun this game is.

It's 1am, I should have been working all day but instead I've been building a base in an asteroid canyon and killing Spartans...

I'm already on my 4th "last Warzone match of the night"...

JackHerer

Managed to get Mk IV as my first legendary armor. No Helmet though :(

Holiday Social is a bit of a disappointment I agree. Shotty snipers AND regular snipers in 5v5? Still, it's more options can't complain too much.

Played two matches and one was against a team of 5 that kept tea bagging :|

I could barely navigate overgrowth when I went into a custom. Very pretty but visually confusing. Noctus is a real nice change of pace and the Burial Mounds remake is awesome,

BraXzy

I can't get over how much fun this game is.

It's 1am, I should have been working all day but instead I've been building a base in an asteroid canyon and killing Spartans...

Few more placement matches and then I'm going to try out Forge properly. Anyone have some tips to avoid early frustration?

Fuchsdh

Few more placement matches and then I'm going to try out Forge properly. Anyone have some tips to avoid early frustration?

Knocking yourself on the head enough that you forget all previous Forges is probably the best one. I'm really bad at adapting to things, so I think getting used to these controls is gonna' take a long time for me...

link1201

So Noctus was just a lie right? It just doesn't exist.

I got it first game of the night and it was legit. I love how open it feels but still action packed. I think the design of the dead zones near the home bases in the 3 initial maps was a mistake. I hope we get more maps like Noctus. I also remembered to use my upgraded saw which was a nice bonus. I would love to see a hornet on this map.

Managed to get Mk IV as my first legendary armor. No Helmet though :(

Holiday Social is a bit of a disappointment I agree. Shotty snipers AND regular snipers in 5v5? Still, it's more options can't complain too much.

Played two matches and one was against a team of 5 that kept tea bagging :|

I could barely navigate overgrowth when I went into a custom. Very pretty but visually confusing. Noctus is a real nice change of pace and the Burial Mounds remake is awesome,

yeah, overgrowth is too busy.

i almost wonder if this is an example of community feedback steering devs the wrong way.

"too much bland UNSC textures! give us something pretty!"

*hands us something pretty

"too busy! give us something less busy!"

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Played Noctus in my first Warzone match today. Lost, but it was a close back and forth match.

For the most part it's a very well designed map.

But for the love of god 343, can you PLEASE get over your love of pointless geometry?!

My Spartan - an advanced supersoldier mind you - cannot scale a simple street-side curb separating ground-level street from slightly elevated lawn, without jumping to clear what is, at best, a terrain change of 1 foot.

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING CURB EXIST?! WHY DO ANY OF THESE CURBS EXIST?! HOW DOES THIS CURB ENHANCE THE MAP IN ANY WAY, to be in the middle of a juking and weaving fire fight, only to knock up against something, stop dead and die.

This isn't a wall or an object, or something that can be used for cover, something that players can use to intentionally influence the fire-fight, or something that even hits your FOV in the periphery. This is a shin-level pain in the ass that ADDS NOTHING. It's fucking decoration.

It's artists over-ruling game designers.

STOP IT.

Put players FIRST.

For fucks sake...

/rant

8UBrlN8.gif

Ugh, holiday social is pretty junky. Snipers... Snipers... Slayer...

Anyone know if there are the tools/parts to make anything new in Forge game type wise... Even 1 flag?

Strider

Snipers in social is cool and all but IMO it comes up way too frequently. I mainly just wanted a social playlist where I could play regular arena game types. I don't see the harm in adding at least strongholds to the mix.

Trup1aya

Oh damn, 26 was only including weapon loadouts actually.. Forgot about emblems and visors LOL

Shiiiiit

Yeah... I actually hate how many customization options there are for this very reason. Take them out of req!

I would have taken a plain DMR I could call in at level 6 over a rarely available level 8 though man. How many warzone games have people played that get to 8? And tbh by the time the game gets there, you wouldnt even be able to enjoy it.

Also 343 pls, multiteam BTB strongholds — it works like this:
— There are 4 capture points instead of 3.
— Three teams of 4 or 5 players fighting over them (red, yellow, blue)
— Still requires 2 captures to score
— uses the larger forge maps but with some cool bases

The game now becomes as much about actively denying the other two teams from scoring as it is about scoring for yourself. Also some potential for "enemy of my enemy" scenarios. Craziness, hilarity
and inevitable betrayals of temporary alliances
ensue.

That BTB idea sounds amazing! Two of the cap points need to be in nuetral areas.

Madness

They need to split up customization REQ's with game play affecting REQ's. Makes no sense that you should suffer getting a 5th SMG when you want an emblem etc. Maybe have guaranteed 1 permanent armor/customization REQ and 1 permanent vehicle/weapon unlock, or different packs etc.

It's also crazy to me that I have 4 scout Warthogs and no banshee, one of the central vehicles to Halo multi-player. Whatever, maybe if I play more I could unlock some more stuff. Gotta see how sustain works this go around especially in the coming months.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
God damn I'm gonna get ranked as wood! So many quitters tonight. 5 matches down and I don't think I've had a single full team at the end of a match. Plus, lag. Are you shitting me!? Fuck this shit, I need a drink.

Also sword and shotgun on close quarters overgrowth may have been a mistake.

BraXzy

Doing placement matches for SWAT now, have a feeling I'm gonna get Platinum. When they said tone down, did they mean force Diamond or lower? Half my matches I've gone 26-4 and half have been even so far. Really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom