• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, wtf? :D 3x - 5x - 7x(+2free) -10x(+3free) - 15x(+5free) - 34x(+13free) gold packs...

217403_fafasfasfafaf.jpg

hot damn. me likey

I really hope 343 picks up on it. It would be great to see it become official and a social alternative to regular Strongholds. 3 teams for social craziness. 2 for focused competitive.

Also are people noticing teams using social to farm k/d? is it is something we should be worried about

E92 M3

LOL microtransactions in every game now. I'd never purchase a Req pack, don't care for increasing the winnings for some pro's mortgage payment.

Fuchsdh

I would love to know how many req packs have been sold to date.

If you assume that 10% of the proceeds go into the HCS pool, then that's a $10 million gross or anywhere from 3 to 5 million REQ packs (this gets stickier mathwise with the bundles and REQ packs from other sources like the LE or the specialty HCS packs.)

If you go with 50% split, then that's still $2 million and up to 667,000 REQ packs.

link1201

If you assume that 10% of the proceeds go into the HCS pool, then that's a $10 million gross or anywhere from 3 to 5 million REQ packs (this gets stickier mathwise with the bundles and REQ packs from other sources like the LE or the specialty HCS packs.)

If you go with 50% split, then that's still $2 million and up to 667,000 REQ packs.

Wonder how this compares to the old dlc model.

Computer

A few pro players said that 50% is going to the HCS. Not sure if true or not.

link1201

I dunno, but judging by the additional purchaseable packs, the HCS pack, and some other data we can't talk about, I'm inclined to think that Microsoft is going whole-hog on this method.
I just hope they start delivering more dev maps. I'd like to see all these funds build up the game's map count. Noctus is a great start though.

Velcoro

Say what you will about Reach, it had some damn gorgeous skyboxes.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=189643073

One of the things that actually disappoints me most in multiplayer maps (as far as art goes) are the skyboxes.

A bunch of H5 maps are set on a Halo ring and yet you can hardly tell because the rings above just dull and faded :(

Is Reach still coming to backwards compatibility?

FT1W0U2.jpg

Placed at 84 in Breakout but managed to win my way all the way to 7 with no team got matched up with a lot of good people. Went to bed and I'm a 27 now. Don't think I can hold it for too long I will soak in the glory for as long as I can lol.

BraXzy

Is Reach still coming to backwards compatibility?

FT1W0U2.jpg

Placed at 84 in Breakout but managed to win my way all the way to 7 with no team got matched up with a lot of good people. Went to bed and I'm a 27 now. Don't think I can hold it for too long I will soak in the glory for as long as I can lol.

Released today I believe.

Ooh we will have to Breakout together! I tried solo queue yesterday and was getting quitters and AFKers so gave up placements.

jem0208

£65 for actual gameplay enhancing items?

SMH
The weekend that the HCS pack came out I played about 20 matches of Warzone without using a single Req (because I sold them all). I was still in the top 3 for prettymuch every single match.

Reqs really don't make that much difference.

Fuchsdh

The weekend that the HCS pack came out I played about 20 matches of Warzone without using a single Req (because I sold them all). I was still in the top 3 for prettymuch every single match.

Reqs really don't make that much difference.

Yeah while there are some gaps in my REQ collection for utility weapons (no Sentinel or Longshot BRs, no DMR, no Recon AR) I don't feel like I'm missing anything except cosmetics in Warzone. I basically keep one or two Warthogs and vehicles and the same for stuff like SRs, Whiplash and SAWs. Everything else just gets resold.

Madness

Supporting pros helps support the game and community though. It's not about paying for Ninja's mortgage, as it is keeping Halo as a premiere eSports and shooter in the gaming community.

If you have great paying tournaments, and championships, you're going to draw players to the game. Think about it, if you can make $50k a year playing Halo tournaments, and only $25k a year playing Call of Duty, which game will you get into more? Drawing more pros, means drawing more fans, more streamers as well. I'm just surprised they haven't had any HCS tournaments yet.

E92 M3

You're bonkers. Plaza and Overgrowth are some of Halo's (the series) finest maps. They're both Lockout-tier to me.

mBwHMuR.gif

Supporting pros helps support the game and community though. It's not about paying for Ninja's mortgage, as it is keeping Halo as a premiere eSports and shooter in the gaming community.

If you have great paying tournaments, and championships, you're going to draw players to the game. Think about it, if you can make $50k a year playing Halo tournaments, and only $25k a year playing Call of Duty, which game will you get into more? Drawing more pros, means drawing more fans, more streamers as well. I'm just surprised they haven't had any HCS tournaments yet.

I don't like the direction of Halo being an esports game first. Bungie never cared for MLG (that much) and the games did fine. Halo 5 is balanced, but it's way too much about the eSports scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom