• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcoro

Released today I believe.

Ooh we will have to Breakout together! I tried solo queue yesterday and was getting quitters and AFKers so gave up placements.

For sure man we should definitely play. I wasn't getting matched up with all champions either a lot of random people but most of them were good so it helped a lot.

Have to try out a few matches of Reach later.

I was playing team arena when it said breakout and then I was expecting normal breakout, but instead it was normal arena maps with full shields.

THIS EXISTS?!?

ITS SO GOOD

Tawpgun

I have nothing against microtransactions, buy silver on Destiny and such. I was just talking about support.

Req packs don't just go into frankie and tashi's wallet as a bonus and/or the HCS prize pool. It gets funneled back into development costs. It's why we're getting a steady stream of content every month with new maps.

Buying req packs isn't solely supporting HCS, it's supporting the future of the game as well.

But don't feel pressured to buy them. Plenty of whales with huge pockets will do it.

Tweaking isn't a big deal, but a game from development focused on esports is just not my thing. It's tiring to hear about pros or what the pros think or what 343 wants the pros to do. I know I had more fun in Halo 4 than Halo 5. And I have been playing since it launched - massive fan over here. It just makes me sad to see Halo 5 being all about pleasing one sect of the community. Yes, 343 are updating the game, but at it's core it has been designed to be super competitive.

J E S U S

Ghaleon give me mod.

I forgot to look at the light limits but I think it was okay since I wasn't adding any lights, just changing the colour and effect of the ones already there. The map was on the object limit so I deleted some rocks outside the map to add the neon lights since I wanted more decals in there.

Ah good info... thanks!

E92 M3

Req packs don't just go into frankie and tashi's wallet as a bonus and/or the HCS prize pool. It gets funneled back into development costs. It's why we're getting a steady stream of content every month with new maps.

Buying req packs isn't solely supporting HCS, it's supporting the future of the game as well.

But don't feel pressured to buy them. Plenty of whales with huge pockets will do it.

J E S U S

Ghaleon give me mod.

LOL BTB was fun with the tank and the mech on Valhalla. I just don't like seeing so many people give 343 shit for Halo 4 when it was a fun shooter.

Caja 117

That's the thing, Bungie made the games they wanted and they were also competitive. I always compare it to Smash. Sakurai hates the competitive scene, but since Smash plays so well, it has one. Personally, I think Halo 5 feels completely different from any other Halo game. It's just a good shooter, but the magic isn't present. And trust me, I am trying my hardest to love the game.

I guess Sakurai is the developer for Smash, let me ask you this, does Sakurai changes completly the gameplay mechanic of smash to make it less competitive?

Bungie made the game they wanted, but kept that super competitive nature while trying to reduce the skill gap, until they made Reach with one comunity in mind, casusls, and every Halo fans lost taste for it, because that competitive nature that made Halo unique and fun was lost, and this is what 343 is trying to do, by making Halo competitive again, you make it fun, you make the game again about team work and wining.

The "magic" of Halo is there, you just have a bias against the game been made with player feedback in mind.

E92 M3

I guess Sakurai is the developer for Smash, let me ask you this, does Sakurai changes completly the gameplay mechanic of smash to make it less competitive?

Bungie made the game they wanted, but kept that super competitive nature while trying to reduce the skill gap, until they made Reach with one comunity in mind, casusls, and every Halo fans lost taste for it, because that competitive nature that made Halo unique and fun was lost, and this is what 343 is trying to do, by making Halo competitive again, you make it fun, you make the game again about team work and wining.

The "magic" of Halo is there, you just have a bias against the game been made with player feedback in mind.

I think Reach was an experiment and Bungie were tired of Halo. So, they branched and tested some mechanics which would ultimately go into Destiny. Reach was a very fun game that I played for a considerable amount of time. Secondly, I do not have a bias. I've played for nearly 10 hours trying to enjoy it. The BTB maps are super ugly and social playlist is snipers 60% of the time. Also, they still don't have a Lone Wolves playlist.

Maybe it's because I am still tinkering with my controls. Who knows.

I think Reach was an experiment and Bungie were tired of Halo. So, they branched and tested some mechanics which would ultimately go into Destiny. Reach was a very fun game that I played for a considerable amount of time. Secondly, I do not have a bias. I've played for nearly 10 hours trying to enjoy it. The BTB maps are super ugly and social playlist is snipers 60% of the time. Also, they still don't have a Lone Wolves playlist.

There's a free for all playlist.

Trup1aya

LOL BTB was fun with the tank and the mech on Valhalla. I just don't like seeing so many people give 343 shit for Halo 4 when it was a fun shooter.

Halo4 was no fun for me. The utter lack of balance killed it almost immediately for me. There's something about winning/losing an encounter and knowing it was 100% related to how you approached the situation, and not because someone randomly called in a SAW.

Just because it isn't called Lone Wolves doesn't mean there's no FFA.

Caja 117

Nah, Reach was Bungies climax into trying to reduce the skill gap. There is a very distintive pattern in Halo since Halo CE, and Halo Reach continues this pattern.

OH MY GOD

GHALEON PLEASE

I know it might make 343 salty, but yeah that BTB on valhala was just bad.

Halo4 was no fun for me. The utter lack of balance killed it almost immediately for me. There's something about winning/losing an encounter and knowing it was 100% related to how you approached the situation, and not because someone randomly called in a SAW.

Halo 4 in the Master Chief Collection isn't bad, no ordinance, I'd rather play Halo 4 in MCC than Halo 3 to be honest. Fight me IRL, people. :p

Madness

COD is a major powerhouse for console esports. It will be hard to overtake.

Tweaking isn't a big deal, but a game from development focused on esports is just not my thing. It's tiring to hear about pros or what the pros think or what 343 wants the pros to do. I know I had more fun in Halo 4 than Halo 5. And I have been playing since it launched - massive fan over here. It just makes me sad to see Halo 5 being all about pleasing one sect of the community. Yes, 343 are updating the game, but at it's core it has been designed to be super competitive.

But CoD isn't really an eSports powerhouse. It's a shooter powerhouse, much like Destiny. But this is why Activision is creating the Call of Duty World League for 2016, and also going to be catering to and going after the pro scene. So you're essentially disliking 343 for being one of the first to do it on consoles but their competitors doing it as well.

343 got out of the gate first with HCS, their own league tournaments, in partnership with ESL. If MCC didn't fail, you'd have seen greater fruition of that first 2 seasons of H2A play.

Additionally, remember multiplatforms have no loyalty to a console brand even with exclusivity. For Microsoft and 343, being the top eSports shooter on their console matters, it's only a matter of time before Halo returns to PC as well.

I definitely get what you're saying though, and that's why, they're giving Warzone maps, and looking at bringing more social playlists. I think with more maps and gametypes, now that forge is live, and the game largely works, we'll see the community start to return. You said it though, Call of Duty is a powerhouse, why would any Call of Duty fan leave Black Ops 3 to play Halo 5 that would try to be a CoD clone. Halo 5 is its own thing now. Halo's struggles with the larger community can be attributed most to what happened to MCC and the launch of Xbox One, giving up tons of ground to PS4, losing a lot of shooter fans. Halo Reach and Halo 4 also turned off the competitive and hardcore crowd.

Halo 4 in the Master Chief Collection isn't bad, no ordinance, I'd rather play Halo 4 in MCC than Halo 3 to be honest. Fight me IRL, people. :p

Its not bad at all, the shooting is fantastic... however what kills it for me is the Loadouts and specifically how cheap the promethaon vision was.

I buy a gold pack with $ once every couple of nights. It feels great opening these packs and I enjoy the rush of endorphins. No issues supporting the game with some more money. I like watching the competitive scene and I really, really enjoy the new maps. It's a win/win for me. More exposure for H5 only means great things.

I can't open Halo 5 anyone else having problems right now?
JKgQwQr.png

Yeah, last Slayer game was a nightmare. Trying to kill homies that have warp skillz appearing above, behind, besides me ... ugh. Quit out. Then got the Xbox is having trouble connecting message.

Hope things are more stable tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom