• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

There should be a minimum CSR, that's well above 1500, to be considered Champion . It's pretty silly that whoever hits Onyx/1500 CSR first is considered Champion rank especially when you can hit it after 10 placement matches... Some of these people that I've matched with are even worse than me and I'd get shit on by people that are actually good enough to be top 200.

I guess it will sort itself out over time but it just feels weird to me.

Still got a single achievement in Bioshock Infinite, and I think two or three other games I intend on completing. Great that all the GwG can be played on X1 though.

Is the Plaza remix in Team Arena, or only slayer?
It should be in Team Arena since you can play Strongholds in it.

Tawpgun

Bloom

B0-MiHzCMAADysA.png:large

But I will say, game still looks good.

dont know if it was just me but i couldnt go back to it, no matter how annoying 4 was. the framerate drops in campaign was annoying as hell and just cant stand bloom. by far the multiplayer i hated the most. 4 was annoying and all the perks, loadouts, weapon drops sucked but the gameplay was much better.

either way, reach and 4 were low points for me

thank god for 5

BraXzy

The art design in Reach is still impressive today, IMO. That helmet looks way sleaker, realistic and cooler in Reach than in Halo 5.

There's certainly something more gritty and 'real' than Halo 5. Not sure what it is, 5 is slightly fuzzy in game and look more toy-ish?

Caja 117

Yes, I like the dark and gritty theme of the game. Even them emblems have dirt and scratches on them. Love it.

Yeah, developer went from the nice colors tone in previous Halo and went to the more bleak look, I guess to go with the tone of the impending doom Reach story represented.

Plaze is not my most hated map anymore.It's f..ing Overgrowth...How can somebady make such a bad map is beyond me..

Looking forword to Reach..

Complains about bad maps and is looking forward to Halo Reach......

So how does Reach run on xbone? I heard they actually might have taken care of the ghosting, but the fps is low...but then again thats how it was on 360 too, maybe people just forgot about that.

Plaze is not my most hated map anymore.It's f..ing Overgrowth...How can somebady make such a bad map is beyond me..

Looking forword to Reach..

I think you're the only person i've heard yet that doesn't really enjoy Overgrowth. Curious as to why you don't like it. Care to elaborate a little, i'm genuinely curious.

So how does Reach run on xbone? I heard they actually might have taken care of the ghosting, but the fps is low...but then again thats how it was on 360 too, maybe people just forgot about that.

1080bkulj2rd06.gif

It's not great, really. Framerate is slow. Sound pops every time you hit a load point or checkpoint. And there's some funky business going on in the graphics department, little glitches. For instance:
I don't remember the rain on the first level looking like this in the 360 version.

What do you mean by ghosting, the temporal AA Bungie used? Because that's still in.

Reach would look so amazing at 1080p 60fps. I really hope 343 and Microsoft consider it someday.

Yeah. Also get rid of that ridiculous grain filter. :lol

Madness

Reach would look so amazing at 1080p 60fps. I really hope 343 and Microsoft consider it someday.

I wish the MCC wasn't such a failure. If it was a huge success, worked day one, we probably would have gotten a Reach remaster offered for DLC. Though we got ODST supposedly because the game was a disaster.

I would love if whatever plans they have for Halo 2017, Halo 2018, a Reach campaign remaster at 1080p/60fps is considered, just as an extra incentive to buy or whatnot. But just the circumstances of Bungie leaving, 343 taking story forward, Reach is always going to be this polarizing bastard child of the series.

Fuchsdh

I wish the MCC wasn't such a failure. If it was a huge success, worked day one, we probably would have gotten a Reach remaster offered for DLC. Though we got ODST supposedly because the game was a disaster.

I would love if whatever plans they have for Halo 2017, Halo 2018, a Reach campaign remaster at 1080p/60fps is considered, just as an extra incentive to buy or whatnot. But just the circumstances of Bungie leaving, 343 taking story forward, Reach is always going to be this polarizing bastard child of the series.

Yeah if MCC hadn't stumbled so bad out the gate it's possible we would have gotten Reach. It's probably the game that would have benefited the most from the 1080p60 presentation, given its plain-ugly temporal blur effects and the most inconsistent framerate in the franchise.

Disliking the map and looking forward to Reach is not related..I should've said that..

It's been 2 years since ı play Halo Reach properly..I really can't wait to dive into it again.Hope it works smoothly on Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom