• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOAH WOAH WOAH

HaloGAF company has a bronze amongst its midst?

Who is it? So we can expel this embarrassment amongst our most elite of organisations.

:D

I just had a warzone assault match where recs were working but I was unable to change my layout, the menus worked but I was spawning with AR pistol no matter what.

I really hate how everything in this game relies on a server connection.

Trup1aya

Eeew , watching the German Qualifiers for HCS and Team Slayer on the Rig is in the Semi-Finals format...

They have to know that that map is totally unbalanced for slayer

Eeew , watching the German Qualifiers for HCS and Team Slayer on the Rig is in the Semi-Finals format...

They have to know that that map is totally unbalanced for slayer

the rig is totally unbalanced period. I've posted about it weeks back.

take radar off to correct some of the problem, or expand the map a bit.

jem0208

We have Forge now. Folks should now be able to tweak and edit maps and modes to perfection.

In fact, why not run HaloGAF Customs again? It's a saturday. Right then. Tonight.

Official Start time.

2am UK
9pm EST

F1j4d8P.png

Fee free to start warm ups beforehand. Smaller games until lobby fills out. Rotating player spaces if full, first come basis. At least 1 hour of games - no end time, just when everyone leaves. I might rotate the host for whatever reasons.

Map suggestions - pm here on here before start time or just reply in this thread with details

To join: my GT (Slightly Live) - send me a message for an invite

Recommendations, suggestions, et al welcome.

I'm a bit selfish because as a Community Cartographer I can use these Customs to find some quality HaloGAF maps and get them tested. @)

2am UK time?

Oh well, my sleeping pattern is already fucked enough.

Leyasu

Banned
What are those little yellow dots next to peoples names on the scoreboard?

Wtf have you done 343? Improved ping to server like fuck! I have got a nice couple of videos as well

Caja 117

Wtf have you done 343? Improved ping to server like fuck! I have got a nice couple of videos as well

Those dots highlight the leader of that especific stat.

arena slayer, we won by a few kills and someone on my team at the end of the match says "you're all fuckin' black".... WHY

Internet....i got really bad racial slurs in my Halo 3 days given my somewhat spanish accent, very seldom do I use mic in games now, Im too old to deal with ignorant trolls.

Sordid

Yellow names show who has the most kills/assists and least deaths iirc. Servers have been bad for me too, I've mostly had delay/latency rather than teleporting recently. Posted a clip a few pages back.

FUCK the way matchmaking forcefully pairs you up with higher skill levels to try and balance you out ITS THE WORST. I feel like dropping halo all together just because it's unfair.

jem0208

Finished Halo 5 campaign on legendary. Holy shit.

dat halo ring
The story on it's own may be a bit meh but as a setup for H6 it's fucking fantastic.

Can't wait to see how Cortana will use that Halo ring. Is it just gunna be a threat or will shit actually go down for once? I want to see a really dark Halo. We're the ring actually gets set off.

Leyasu

Banned
Yellow names show who has the most kills/assists and least deaths iirc. Servers have been bad for me too, I've mostly had delay/latency rather than teleporting recently. Posted a clip a few pages back.

Oh man I'm doing my qualifiers in slayer and it is putting me on west coast US servers in sure!!!

Caja 117

FUCK the way matchmaking forcefully pairs you up with higher skill levels to try and balance you out ITS THE WORST. I feel like dropping halo all together just because it's unfair.

I think this has been said a lot of times here, the shiny emblem next to your name is not the real indicator of your trueskill, you could be paired with diamonds that have a trueskills around your same trueskill, but other factor do come into play, playing at this time of the day will make it easier to get uneven (even different servers) player selection because is a time of day with low population count.

JaggedSac

The matchmaking in this game is so fucking stupid.

Went through the 10 placement matches for Slayer, went negative almost every game, most of the people I was matched with and against were Diamonds.

Platinum 4.

What the hell?

So you determined I was a Platinum by forcing me to get tube-socked by Diamonds for 10 games?

And then, after this placement, this was my first match:

http://bit.ly/1UNgHK2

50-19 agains a team of Diamonds.

To the 343i matchmaking team:

You make shit.

Rest assured, your work is one of the major reasons why the population for this game is nowhere near where it ought to be. You are crippling the player experience with this horrific garbage.

We have population numbers?

Am I alone in finding my win-rate is around 50%, I generally have a good time, and only rarely get stomped?

Cos I feel like I should be pissing and moaning, but I don't get it.

I think this has been said a lot of times here, the shiny emblem next to your name is not the real indicator of your trueskill, you could be paired with diamonds that have a trueskills around your same trueskill, but other factor do come into play, playing at this time of the day will make it easier to get uneven (even different servers) player selection because is a time of day with low population count.

then what is the damn point of those emblems, it's all bullshit, smoke and mirrors.

if trueskill is hidden and matchmaking runs by those stats then they should be on display, it's not fucking rocket science 343.

It's 3pm in the UK on a saturday, no other day is going to be as busy as this time right now, maybe sunday but it's the weekend, you can't ask for more.

Caja 117

We have population numbers?

Im not sure why people keep paying attention to him, anyone that blames the game for "low population" counter obviusly doesnt care about facts.

then what is the damn point of those emblems, it's all bullshit, smoke and mirrors.

if trueskill is hidden and matchmaking runs by those stats then they should be on display, it's not fucking rocket science 343.

It's 3pm in the UK on a saturday, no other day is going to be as busy as this time right now, maybe sunday but it's the weekend, you can't ask for more.

Because trueskill does go down and up, ranks 1 to 50 were the closest we had to a frontend trueskill represantation, and They wont use those numbers because of the problems that a rank system can bring in (boosters, derankers, accounts for sales). Also season sort of make sure people get interested in coming back to rank again, some people got 50 on every playlist in H3 to never play them again.

Im not sure if the UK is as big on Halo like before, sorry mate, but if you are not runing with US times you probrably are not on primetime halo.

Strootman

The story on it's own may be a bit meh but as a setup for H6 it's fucking fantastic.

Can't wait to see how Cortana will use that Halo ring. Is it just gunna be a threat or will shit actually go down for once? I want to see a really dark Halo. We're the ring actually gets set off.

The story is good, it's just badly told. Can't wait for Halo 6.

just want to say that cortana is not evil, she can see what's good for the future, if she's doing that it's for good reasons. Now I'm curious about what chief will do

Sordid

Oh man I'm doing my qualifiers in slayer and it is putting me on west coast US servers in sure!!!

Aye, I did 2 slayer qualifiers yesterday and they definitely weren't on any of the European datacenters. You about tonight? Might get some local servers if we can get a wee party going.

Caja 117

He loves the game too much, just can't admit it.

I said that once, he likes the game a lot, probrably his favorite Halo even if he is not aware of it, he just exagerates the problems with the game (which are real, but not as bad as he makes it sound).

JackHerer

I'm having a lot of trouble motivating myself to finish my placement matches. Pre-season I got placed platinum on slayer and team arena and had to work my way solo all the way to my Onyx in both of those playlists. I am gonna be annoyed if that happens again.

It probably wont though because I've been getting matched with a range between Diamonds - Champions in the few placement matches I've played. Did significantly better then the champ in one game actually. I just really don't want to deal with being put in the wrong tier and having to grind again.

Im not sure why people keep paying attention to him, anyone that blames the game for "low population" counter obviusly doesnt care about facts.

Because trueskill does go down and up, ranks 1 to 50 were the closest we had to a frontend trueskill represantation, and They wont use those numbers because of the problems that a rank system can bring in (boosters, derankers, accounts for sales). Also season sort of make sure people get interested in coming back to rank again, some people got 50 on every playlist in H3 to never play them again.

Im not sure if the UK is as big on Halo like before, sorry mate, but if you are not runing with US times you probrably are not on primetime halo.

The best way to explain halo 5 is that it's a US central game, over the water players are out of lucky for fair play and good pings.

Caja 117

I'm having a lot of trouble motivating myself to finish my placement matches. Pre-season I got placed platinum on slayer and team arena and had to work my way solo all the way to my Onyx in both of those playlists. I am gonna be annoyed if that happens again.

It probably wont though because I've been getting matched with a range between Diamonds - Champions in the few placement matches I've played. Did significantly better then the champ in one game actually. I just really don't want to deal with being put in the wrong tier and having to grind again.

It was my question before the reset, but based on what I have seen, the reset was for the arena emblem, so the reset happened but the trueskill wasnt changed. I placed platinum on Arena, but my first two or 3 matches were playing with my friends that had high true skills, so I was wining but my KD were ugly, I decided not to keep playing with them because I knew i was going to place Onyx if I kept playing with them, and Im not Onyx good.

A good question I want to know, in those objective Arena placement matches does the game also take your KD performance to asign the rank?

The best way to explain halo 5 is that it's a US central game, over the water players are out of lucky for fair play and good pings.

Basically, I just didnt want to sound too blunt about it!

Trup1aya

Seems like the qualifiers assume your CSR hasn't dropped or jumped significantly since the season ended. You'll start of being matched against folks who are at a similar level to where you were before.

German Qualifiers were a blast.
Animba and Triczr goin wild

Who won? I missed the last few rounds.

Leyasu

Banned
Aye, I did 2 slayer qualifiers yesterday and they definitely weren't on any of the European datacenters. You about tonight? Might get some local servers if we can get a wee party going.
I nigh be about. Servers seem to have come to life in Europe now... The new aiming tweaks have changed this completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom