• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Probably had the worst day in Halo today. Playing againts pre-made groups + Server Delay is really a bad Arena experience. Then playing Warzone Assault against an other 6 man pre-made group + REQ weapons deciding to be just be clickable and not actually spawning in your hand was really frustrating.

Close to finishing my simple Warmup map in Forge, though. It already plays pretty well, but I have to tweak stuff like lighting, size, etc. and it's good to go.

So many people in the stream chat wondering why they are landing shots that are no where near :3

It's a shame spectate is so off. Hopefully people realise.

The whole Theater mode sucks and they really screwed up with the Spectator Mode.

link1201

Man..I love how this game plays. The weapons, movements, Everything.

I've spent 7 days in playtime in Warzone. It's awesome.

I just can't get over the lag. It's killing all the fun.

Two scattershot would kill a person right? NO

Two sniper shots in the head would kill a person right? NO

How about the laser? Two shots? Nothing.

One guy who's shield is charging up. A whole DMR clip did nothing on him.

It's really sad and frustrating you know. I game because of Halo. Otherwise I maybe wouldn't. It's killing my joy. But am still playing it because I love Halo.
That stinks. I've been playing all weekend and only had a few hiccups during the week though is was horrible.

Even though aiming is a lot better with the new options, aiming and shooting at range still has too much of a twitchy feel for me, hopefully in the future they can add in a modifier for aiming speed because beyond medium range I can hardly land a hit while others can pistol me from across the map, it makes me feel like I lack any kind of aim assist while others have tons of it.

Sai

Even though aiming is a lot better with the new options, aiming and shooting at range still has too much of a twitchy feel for me, hopefully in the future they can add in a modifier for aiming speed because beyond medium range I can hardly land a hit while others can pistol me from across the map, it makes me feel like I lack any kind of aim assist while others have tons of it.
Where's your sensitivity at?

*Raises Hand* I dont. What's wrong with Theater/Spectator mode?

It's recorded server-side, not player-side, so there's a lot of variance as far as where the reticule appears vs where it actually was.

Think COD kill cams.

The most obvious example of this is when you see a reticule off an opponent, but when the shot goes off, the hash marks appear as if it was a hit.

It's frustrating for players like me, cause I'd like to use theater to figure out what I did wrong and where I missed, but it's not reliable enough to use like that.

link1201

I don't like how the Red side of Antifreeze doesn't have a ramp going right to the flag while the blue side does. You are completely exposed when trying to grab red flag but while on blue side you can get in their base which provides cover and easily walk up grab the flag and hit the man canon or choose another route. I'm a missing something obvious?

Hope something will be done about it before I get bored with it.

Halo is everything about gaming to me.

Are you in an isolated area? They seem to be tweaking it so hopefully they get to a solution that works for you. Halo is what got me back into games and is what I play 95% of the time and could only imagine how frustrated I'd be if every time I played I encountered problems.

Detective

I don't like how the Red side of Antifreeze doesn't have a ramp going right to the flag while the blue side does. You are completely exposed when trying to grab red flag but while on blue side you can get in their base which provides cover and easily walk up grab the flag and hit the man canon or choose another route. I'm a missing something obvious?

Are you in an isolated area? They seem to be tweaking it so hopefully they get to a solution that works for you. Halo is what got me back into games and is what I play 95% of the time and could only imagine how frustrated I'd be if every time I played I encountered problems.

Well Am in Norway, is that isolated? :p

Than you know how I feel. Thank god.

Appreciate the understanding bro :)

To me, if Halo will not deliver the gaming experience nothing will. I'll just quit honestly.

I love my classic BR. :)

Screenshot_Original.png

Screenshot_Original_1.png

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think seasons should be quarterly. One month just doesn't seem that long. And what happened to some playlists not having seasons? There should be one or two playlists that keep rank forever.

link1201

Well Am in Norway, is that isolated? :p

Than you know how I feel. Thank god.

Appreciate the understanding bro :)

To me, if Halo will not deliver the gaming experience nothing will. I'll just quit honestly.

Oh yeah I get it. I was getting pretty frustrated this past week due to Xbox problems in general.

BraXzy

I think seasons should be quarterly. One month just doesn't seem that long. And what happened to some playlists not having seasons? There should be one or two playlists that keep rank forever.

I did wonder about the wording of that and I guess it was just in case they chose to keep weekend playlists non-reset?

I do feel like it'll maybe be a bit too short but idk yet, once this season finishes I'll have a better idea.

Detective

Maaan

I should really start using some of the waepons I got.

86 fuel rod
45 Hydra
17 Typhon
19 incineration
44 lightrifle
79 needles
59 hailstorm
12 Talon of the lost
63 plasma pistol , 59 spitfire, 25 voids rest
28 Railgun, 29 Whiplash
86 rocket, 48 AD Victoriam, 1 high five
65 saw , 73 Appetite, 8 the answer
27 laser
And all the shotguns
67 tanks

lol.. Sometimes I just feel bad using them. So I never do actually. :p

wwm0nkey

Maaan

86 fuel rod
45 Hydra
17 Typhon
19 incineration
44 lightrifle
79 needles
59 hailstorm
12 Talon of the lost
28 Railgun, 29 Whiplash
27 laser
And all the shotguns
67 tanks

Or sell them

Maaan

86 fuel rod
45 Hydra
17 Typhon
19 incineration
44 lightrifle
79 needles
59 hailstorm
12 Talon of the lost
28 Railgun, 29 Whiplash
27 laser
And all the shotguns
67 tanks

Sell, sell, sell, buy Silver and Gold. :D

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
-Use Mission Victory XP Boost
-Get thrown into Stronghold match that's 40-0 and thats long over because previous players quit

Can I have my Mission Victory XP Boost back? I was going to win, I swear

Sai

i have tried everything from 1 to 10 and accel from 1 to 5, it's just so twitchy when trying to aim far.

it's currently 3 speed 1 accel.
In past titles, I always went with 7-10. I think a lot of that had to do with me getting so used to Halo PC though. To make good use of precision weapons in Halo 5, I bumped it down to 3 at first. Eventually settled at 5, so it wouldn't be so fast that it would be unwieldy when popping heads at range, but just fast enough to turn around and spray with an auto if somebody surprises me from behind. My aim acceleration is also at 1.

Keep working at it, man. I've gotten better, but I wouldn't say my ranged game is anywhere near perfect either.
Maaan

86 fuel rod
45 Hydra
17 Typhon
19 incineration
44 lightrifle
79 needles
59 hailstorm
12 Talon of the lost
28 Railgun, 29 Whiplash
27 laser
And all the shotguns
67 tanks

Man. I've been limiting my quantity of requisitions to 5 max, for everything. Sell the stuff you don't see yourself using too often.

Completion of my collection of power weapons & vehicles is at 89-90%. Unlocked all of the armor mods.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Love this game.

They need to somehow get more traction for the esports angle. Viewer count is very low.

Love this game.

They need to somehow get more traction for the esports angle. Viewer count is very low.

They need someone with a personality that can attract a wide range of viewers.

Basically me.

I will do what is necessary 343, but I ask for a 30k advance.

Imma do my shake shake move on the viewers.

Strider

There's nothing you can do to make people care about these random ass uk teams lol

When there's more money on the line with more popular teams then we'll see.

arimanius

They have to fix quitters. I can't even do qualification matches without people quitting. Last match was 3 vs 1 in slayer. I was the one. :/

Raide

If anyone is super helpful/bored, friend me and check out the random maps I have made. Rockbase is the latest one, but feel free to throw feedback as you like. If its rubbish, its rubbish haha.

I wish they had a bit easier way to share screenshots.

Strider

What other ways can you get to top mid on Fathom?

There's a crouch jumping spot on both sides of the map in the middle close by the camo spawn...

There's also a spot you can clamber on in both pits, above the hole in the wall by the promethean nade spawn. You clamber the ledge then clamber onto the walkway above.

Then there's also the sneaky windows close to the ramp areas.

Detective

Man. I've been limiting my quantity of requisitions to 5 max, for everything. Sell the stuff you don't see yourself using too often.

Completion of my collection of power weapons & vehicles is at 89-90%. Unlocked all of the armor mods.

Luckey you :)

Am just looking for whispered truth. Wanna try that out . haven't got that yet. :/

arimanius

I'm done. Another 4 vs 1. Fix this 343i. At least make it where it doesn't count against me or allow me to quit without penalty. Specially during qualification matches.

BraXzy

If anyone is super helpful/bored, friend me and check out the random maps I have made. Rockbase is the latest one, but feel free to throw feedback as you like. If its rubbish, its rubbish haha.

I've added you, doing some Breakout online atm but I'll be free to give stuff a quick look soon :)

As for screenshots, they automatically upload to Xboxclips.com / XboxDVR.com

Thanks guys

Checking it out in a second

Edit: not absolutely rubbish but I'm not sure what you're going for. There aren't any real bases, almost no cover, very bare, really tall staircases aren't typically good for gun battles. Could be cool if you added real bases, revised the bridges and added more cover/variance

Raide

Thanks guys

Checking it out in a second

Edit: not absolutely rubbish but I'm not sure what you're going for. There aren't any real bases, almost no cover, very bare, really tall staircases aren't typically good for gun battles. Could be cool if you added real bases, revised the bridges and added more cover/variance

Still finding my way around new Forge. Most of it is just messing around to figure out how stuff works. Hah

I might look at dropping those stairs and trying to make something a bit more ground focused. I am not that great at btb style maps tbh but I have to learn!

Leyasu

Banned
So I now have all helmets up to ultra rare and I only have one rare armour to get. But I have a fucking shit load of emblems to get... Does it mean that I need to stay on silver until they are all unlocked??

The grind is of almost Destiny proportions..

Madness

They have to fix quitters. I can't even do qualification matches without people quitting. Last match was 3 vs 1 in slayer. I was the one. :/

They would've done something by now if they wanted to. Don't know if they can. It's been two months since launch with rampant quitting. What can 343 do when games like Destiny and Call of Duty don't penalize those players, maybe even promote that.

It's just a terrible situation all around. Griefers, quitters, they're just the norm now. People quit because they don't want to lose, they don't like maps, or gametypes and want to join something else.

At this point, they might as well do away with this ranking system, just make everything social. Join in progress is not a solution because you're never guaranteed a player will join and the player who does is screwed with a loss and tons of deaths for joining the losing team in Halo.

They would've done something by now if they wanted to. Don't know if they can. It's been two months since launch with rampant quitting. What can 343 do when games like Destiny and Call of Duty don't penalize those players, maybe even promote that.

It's just a terrible situation all around. Griefers, quitters, they're just the norm now. People quit because they don't want to lose, they don't like maps, or gametypes and want to join something else.

At this point, they might as well do away with this ranking system, just make everything social. Join in progress is not a solution because you're never guaranteed a player will join and the player who does is screwed with a loss and tons of deaths for joining the losing team in Halo.

Take away RP or enforce harsher penalties. Halo is a game where if you're down one guy against a good team you're fucked. Quitting needs to be handled and I hope they're looking at it.

Madness

Take away RP or enforce harsher penalties. Halo is a game where if you're down one guy against a viable team you're fucked. Quitting needs to be handled and I hope they're looking at it.

I've been saying that since day one. Don't think they can or want to do that. Taking away REQ points, putting a quitters emblem, banning for a day or week, warning them that their game play behavior will affect their account being in good standing etc.

It's obvious what they've done hasn't discourage quitting at all. This is probably the worst I've seen for ranked games. Either someone on my team quits or someone on the other team.

I've been saying that since day one. Don't think they can or want to do that. Taking away REQ points, putting a quitters emblem, banning for a day or week, warning them that their game play behavior will affect their account being in good standing etc.

It's obvious what they've done hasn't discourage quitting at all. This is probably the worst I've seen for ranked games. Either someone on my team quits or someone on the other team.

:( Yeah it really sucks. Most we can do is submit player reviews on quitters. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom