• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Is it a bug or intentional that I can't talk to my fireteam while navigating menus?

I've asked this a few times myself in the past and it is completely ignored. There has been 0 acknowledgment from 343 that I've seen.

It promotes party chat since it is difficult to communicate outside of game. Hey wanna change modes? Can you hear me? Oh.

I read somewhere that it is tied to the dedicated servers so it has to connect to a new one before you can chat. Don't know how true that is though.

16BitNova

I'm wondering how much of a hit the Warzone population is going to take once BTB comes out. I don't plan on revisiting Warzone for a while.

I think it will take a big hit for a while. But if Warzone is still the place to get the most REQ points, then I think it will be okay.

But it isn't downloading one ☹

Same here. Stop teasing me 343! Is this it?!?! Lol. I restarted my console. Lets see if that helps.

RobNBanks

Banned
I think 343 needs to do something to make Halo more Twitch viable. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it seems like unless a pro is playing no one is watching other players. I know I don't.

Twitch plays an important role in promoting the game these days and it's growing every year. Something needs to be done to make Halo more attractive to watch and stream for the general populace.

343 can't do anything about that.

Either the pros themselves or people playing the game need to be entertaining enough. Before CSGO got big summit would stream and was basically the only streamer that ever got over 1000. Even pros couldn't get viewers because most of them were boring as hell to watch.

Even now, a lot more pros are streaming but they're boring so a lot of them still don't get much viewership unless they're an elite level player/washed up NiP scrub that lives off fanboys who weren't even around when NiP was actually good. The people that bring in constant viewership are the entertaining ones like summit/shroud, females or gambling.

BraXzy

Hard restarting console didn't seem to do anything. No download activated. I'm expecting an in-game download screen ala Destiny patches.

Madness

So I got Platinum in everything except Slayer which is Gold. Not bad for solo queuing with quitters all night with no sleep. Now time to poopsock upto diamond+. With a team shouldn't be too hard to get to diamond at least.

I've asked this a few times myself in the past and it is completely ignored. There has been 0 acknowledgment from 343 that I've seen.

It promotes party chat since it is difficult to communicate outside of game. Hey wanna change modes? Can you hear me? Oh.

I read somewhere that it is tied to the dedicated servers so it has to connect to a new one before you can chat. Don't know how true that is though.
EXACTLY. 343 comes off as totally clueless. I'm fine with playing Destiny instead of this steaming pile of a Halo game. I'll also go back to Reach when it's available on X1 next month.

BraXzy

Answers inline

One thing, it's really really cool you were there full time.

Please please do try and make extended versions or something since so much is condensed. Would love to just see more discussions and behind the scenes stuff. I can imagine some stuff isn't worth showing or is private or whatever but the more the better :)

I went to Campaign to restart a lobby join then switched back to Multi to connect to a lobby. Can now search for games. No update that I can tell, no BTB. Sad panda :(

Spasm

One BTB, please!

wpUA0v9.jpg

BraXzy

Klimt, release more! MOAAAR!

Seriously! :D

Nothing extra has been announced but I really really REALLY hope there is a season 4 that focuses on post launch stuff all through till next year.

Devs looking and responding to feedback and how they react to it all. Following development of new Req stuff. Following the creation of DLC packs. And then the finale could be a super small tease of the future.
A man can dream.

before some of you say im good or bad, even I don't know that. Being in china with this ping makes it hard to win shot battles. As the best i can do are first shot perfects that still result in a double kill between me and the oposing player. Means i typically lose out since I can only get three shots off with this really high ping.

before some of you say im good or bad, even I don't know that. Being in china with this ping makes it hard to win shot battles. As the best i can do are first shot perfects that still result in a double kill between me and the oposing player. Means i typically lose out since I can only get three shots off with this really high ping.

So it boils down to the servers are working like ass.

Herbs

Banned
?

Halo sequel introduces big changes to established series. Longtime fan airs grievances and seeks out developer justification on said changes.

Deserves ban? I don't think so. Internet forums would be pointless if everyone agreed with each other :)

he's not saying you deserve a ban. he's saying bye because you're leaving the Halo 5 community to move onto other games.

Zeta Oni

?

Halo sequel introduces big changes to established series. Longtime fan airs grievances and seeks out developer justification on said changes.

Deserves ban? I don't think so. Internet forums would be pointless if everyone agreed with each other :)

Don't think it has anything to do with a ban.

More like "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out".

?

I think he means bye, as in you're going to be on reach while he still plays halo 5.

Tawpgun

EXACTLY. 343 comes off as totally clueless. I'm fine with playing Destiny instead of this steaming pile of a Halo game. I'll also go back to Reach when it's available on X1 next month.
Playing Destiny pvp over halo 5

Playing reach over halo 5

I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could find an appropriate reaction image.

Karl2177

Halo 3's scarab fights are massively overrated. Once you get over the initial wow factor they're really quite boring and repetitive.

They essentially boil down to slightly different variations of jump on and shoot a core. The fact that you have to go through four of them in H3 is just annoying. Kinda like it's annoying to have a bunch of repeated Warden fights.
I know more was said about Scarab battles after this, and many people brought up some good counterpoints to your position(how the encounter is a culmination, multiple ways to attack, each encounter is different, etc.). I think that Scarab battles are the best handled "boss" in a Halo game. They themselves are a piece of the sandbox, and it highlights the emphasis on how much the player can go in and change the encounter themselves. Overdoziz had a fantastic post after Halo 4 came out describing why the Scarab was good, and the Lich was not.

I would take 343 applying fan feedback of "we need more super open varied wide sandbox super battles with branching paths (even though that's pretty much only been in Halo (CE Level) and ONI Sword Base)" and cranking it up to 11 compared to them putting that effort towards doing the same thing with all the "there's no double scarab wow moments" comments any day of the week.
You're forgetting Silent Cartographer in the branching paths group. But you're also way oversimplifying the Scarab encounter requests. I think people want more dynamic enemies in the games. 343i took the Scarab requests and executed on it very poorly twice now. The big idea behind the Scarab is that it is dynamic, not a static set piece that just happens to be a large Covenant vehicle.

While I agree that Halo 5 Arena maps have issues regarding sight lines, power positions, and player routes, I don't think these specific comparisons highlight it well. For example, in your Rig/Snowbound comparison in the first set of images, you show the player at a spawn on Rig and at a power position on Snowbound. How important the player's position is, is just as important as what the player can see from there. The Narrows/(Empire?) comparison was better, as both are in positions just off of the power positions. Also, make sure you're doing first person shots in all of the images, as I'm not entirely sure some of those are even possible to reach as a player.

343 can't do anything about that.

Either the pros themselves or people playing the game need to be entertaining enough. Before CSGO got big summit would stream and was basically the only streamer that ever got over 1000. Even pros couldn't get viewers because most of them were boring as hell to watch.

Even now, a lot more pros are streaming but they're boring so a lot of them still don't get much viewership unless they're an elite level player/washed up NiP scrub that lives off fanboys who weren't even around when NiP was actually good. The people that bring in constant viewership are the entertaining ones like summit/shroud, females or gambling.

The only way for Halo to get big is to play the long game and establish itself through tournaments and giving incentives for pro teams to commit themselves to the game. The entertaining personalities and so on will appear by themselves if they manage to do that.

They also need to get more content out to keep people playing. BTB is a very good first step but they need to keep this pace up for a while.

he's not saying you deserve a ban. he's saying bye because you're leaving the Halo 5 community to move onto other games.
ah okay, that does make more sense. I'm still going to try out BTB, since that's always been my jam. Not overly optimistic though.

Playing Destiny pvp over halo 5

Playing reach over halo 5

I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could find an appropriate reaction image.
haha I'll use my imagination :p

IHaveIce

Banned
?

Halo sequel introduces big changes to established series. Longtime fan airs grievances and seeks developer justification on said changes.

Lmao what ban?
I say 'bye' cause I hope you then better go play those
shitty mp
games and don't stay in here.

Josh or Bravo just said it is working like it was intended no other explanation.

Your attitude is super corny, first ypu quoting yourself multiple times because you think your problem should be the most discussed one in topic and 2. Once nobody can give you an answer you say you quit the game and wabt to play destiny

Oh an 3. You are a sonic fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom