• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

The editor posted here earlier, explained that they combined 5 and 6 into a super episode. Made sense for editing reasons.

I saw that, but weren't all the other episodes like 15 minutes long? I was hoping for at least 30 minutes of Sprint goodness. :(

Stinkles I really hope you guys change your mind about single player DLC at some point. I really want more out of the campaign, I'm hoping all this REQ pack money isn't just going to tournaments.

In all fairness, it is a pretty significant character flaw.

I wouldn't let my (hypothetical) daughter date a sonic fan, no sir.

We Halo fans get looked upon pretty bad in the gaming community too, still being called Baby's first FPS to this day by the hardcore/PC crowd not to mention were still looked down on by non-FPS gamers as being an inferior shooter compared to the ungodly COD. Sonic may have its share of problems but were not all that free from our own share of problems and public opinion.

I'd also be fine if they spawned less frequently. But power weapons are that for a reason - they give An advantage. Sure having less will suck of your team doesn't get he 1 or 2 weapons, but it sucks worse being the team that doesn't get the 3+ power weapons.

It's a minor gripe really. Time limit increase would be a good compromise

Well if your team isn't horrendous you should have a better chance at getting a power weapon if there are more of them. If there are three power weapons/abilities on map then the teams will split and have different numbers go to each, in theory, leaving it up to the skill of each group to gain access to the weapon/ability they attempt to retrieve. If there was only a Fuel Rod on Regret instead of the FR and OS, then all four players on each team would just rush FR until one team withdrew victorious with more kills and the FR. What I've seen is that with the minimum duel spawn, but usual triple power spawn is that each team usually gets one or the other, not both or all three. If one team manages to outplay the other on all power spawns in the beginning it is likely going to be a beating for the first two minutes though. Removing power weapons in that instance isn't too likely to stop beast players from beasting.

Can't believe you weren't banned for this!

But seriously, it's fine if you don't like it, but is it really a "steaming pile" and are we really "clueless?" Just sets a tone that stifles conversation. And then you're surprised there's no conversation? This isn't just a Halo thing, and yours is actually a very mild example, but it's the sad way many internet conversations go. Extreme hyperbolic subjectivity sometimes presented as fact in the first instance - and then demands that it be addressed. how do we address problems that the majority of users don't agree are problems?

Tech issues for sure. When we identify the source of an issue and have a change slated, we'll announce. When we find a bug, we'll announce. When a feature isn't landing well, we'll adjust. But you're also asking us to "defend" popular choices too and using inflammatory language to set up the "conversation." And in this particular thread, you know I'm here, listening or reading, so these things are actually directed at me personally, as well as broadly...
Nah, man. I'm not directing anything toward you personally. I'm actually a big fan of your writing going back to the BWU days and consider you one of the better posters on GAF on the off-topic side. It's our privilege that you're even here, listening to fans and participating in the discussions. But you're right - jumping from being annoyed about a technical issue to calling it a "steaming pile" of a game is an oversimplication and not at all fair. And how do you have a productive conversation with someone that says that? For the record, I don't think 343 is a steaming pile of a developer; I loved Halo 4 and have defended it on multiple occasions here on GAF. I apologize for coming off overly harsh, but Halo is like family to me so I hold it to a high standard and feel more comfortable arguing with it (if that makes sense). I really want to see Halo and 343 succeed, and I'm happy that it's sold well.

However, I've just had a few super frustrating evenings trying to play Halo 5 with my buddies, as we've done online since Halo 2, but having to choose between secluded party chat and not being able to communicate in the menus has contributed to souring the experience. The removal of prox voice (which I realize happened a long time ago) has also taken away from the 'virtual couch' feeling that Halo 2 perfected so many years ago. Reading through the Waypoint blog, looking for any mention of this fireteam chat issue and not finding anything, while my IRL friends are all wondering out loud "what gives?" makes it even harder to swallow that I am in the minority on GAF that seems to think it's a big deal. My friends don't know what dedicated servers are and how this is probably just a technical limitation of using them, so yeah, 343 does look clueless when I tell my friends that there's been no official word on this issue that I can find. Yes, we can always party up on the OS side and then switch to game chat on and off, in and out of games, but that's overly tedious.

edit: I think my lesson learned here is that a LOT of people use party chat over in-game chat.

Madness

Apparently they used the face of their narrative producer, Lani Blazier, for
Cortana, which is why she looks so weird and different this game. Along with wearing some actual didact style suit instead of being digital matrix bits

Stinkles I really hope you guys change your mind about single player DLC at some point. I really want more out of the campaign, I'm hoping all this REQ pack money isn't just going to tournaments.

We Halo fans get looked upon pretty bad in the gaming community too, still being called Baby's first FPS to this day by the hardcore/PC crowd not to mention were still looked down on by non-FPS gamers as being an inferior shooter compared to the ungodly COD. Sonic may have its share of problems but were not all that free from our own share of problems and public opinion.

Just having a giggle m8.

Apparently they used the face of their narrative producer, Lani Blazier, for
Cortana, which is why she looks so weird and different this game. Along with wearing some actual didact style suit instead of being digital matrix bits

Source on that?

Kind of wish they kept the same mo-cop actor, why couldn't she come back? too expensive?

Just having a giggle m8.

Thats what they all say, m8.

Madness

Source on that?

Kind of wish they kept the same mo-cop actor, why couldn't she come back? too expensive?

Thats what they all say, m8.

Think it was the end credits. And then seeing Lani from that Halo Live mission playthroughand googling her, you can kind of see it.

Leotarius

Really enjoying the campaign on my second run. I'm taking my time this time, exploring the levels and taking it all in.

I'm excited for Halo 6 and where the story goes.

I keep hearing rumors about non-Forge BTB maps, with people citing NeoGAF.

Frankie, have you ever confirmed that? If we have two more Forge BTB maps in the pipeline, we're gonna have more disappointed people, and that only increases with the amount of misinformation floating around.

The LE soundtrack was mastered back in September. It includes all of season 2 and an exclusive episode. The exclusive is an edit that contains scenes from "Composer" and "Press Start" as well as a couple of scenes that are only in the LE version. This episode may be released on our channels after the LE hits on 11/20, but I'm not sure.

Sounds good to me! Probably as close as I will get to the whole series on a disc.

RobNBanks

Banned
Nah, man. I'm not directing anything toward you personally. I'm actually a big fan of your writing going back to the BWU days and consider you one of the better posters on GAF on the off-topic side. It's our privilege that you're even here, listening to fans and participating in the discussions.

why does everyone do this?

1. insult the devs and their product
2. dev responds
3. "OMG THANKS. I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK FOR QUOTING ME!"

So were getting 15 total maps up until June 2016.
Ill count the 4 in november as their map count. Considering 343i worked on art assests/spawning and etc on them.

NOV- 4
DEC - 1 (because forge update)
JAN - 2
FEB - 2
MAR - 2
APRIL - 2
MAY - 2

Yeah, sounds about right! Of course, in between some REQ content updates perhaps.

EDIT: It's 18+. So my counts are not accurate or even close to a guess. IGNORE MEEEEEEE

why does everyone do this?

1. insult the devs and their product
2. dev responds
3. "OMG THANKS. I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK FOR QUOTING ME!"

Not getting at Lamonster here, but it's pretty common human reaction, I think: bitch about stuff, someone representing stuff turns up, bitcher realises their words/arguments were a little extreme, point still stands, affable discussion follows.

Caja 117

Yesterday I played with my friends in team arena which they are onyx 1600s... Sure we won, but I went from a positive KD, to a almost 100 death negative, fun times....., I really think Im not good enough to be Diamind, yet, here I am.

Ballistik

I have been running solo and made it to Onyx after placing Platinum in Team Slayer!

Ranks definitely work as I can tell at what level I play. I'm still Platinum in Team Arena, and when I get slayer in that mode.. it's a cakewalk. Meanwhile, I struggle to stay alive in Team Slayer...

RobNBanks

Banned
Not getting at Lamonster here, but it's pretty common human reaction, I think: bitch about stuff, someone representing stuff turns up, bitcher realises their words/arguments were a little extreme, point still stands, affable discussion follows.

but you can just skip the insulting part and get right to the discussion part.

I'm not a developer but people seem to really be unaware of their words and how they can have an impact. They don't have time to respond to everyone insulting them just so people can realize they were a bit extreme.

Caja 117

I have been running solo and made it to Onyx after placing Platinum in Team Slayer!

Ranks definitely work as I can tell at what level I play. I'm still Platinum in Team Arena, and when I get slayer in that mode.. it's a cakewalk. Meanwhile, I struggle to stay alive in Team Slayer...

Ranks do work, here and there you get a quiter or a very bad player that kills 5 dies 17 times, but everything gets even out because it will bound to happen to the other team as well.

Lothars

but you can just skip the insulting part and get right to the discussion part.

I'm not a developer but people seem to really be unaware of their words and how they can have an impact. They don't have time to respond to everyone insulting them just so people can realize they were a bit extreme.
Yes I agree there's no reason to insult 343 and I don't think lamonster meant it the way he did.

I am beyond dissapointed with Halo 5 and still feel the aim is pretty broken, I need to finish it but I am waiting for the aiming patch to be released and I still have no clue when that will be.

Does Xbox One game streaming not support a wired console to a wireless device on the same network? I'm trying to get it to work and the app will not detect the Xbox.

Steam streaming supports this so I'm surprised that Xbox doesn't.

Really wanted to play Halo 5 in a different room =/

They should make a playlist called "Lone Wolves"

Where noone with a party can join and only the Solo Elites can. So all of those solo searching masterminds like me can pair up with fellow master minds. ;)

Also so we dont get paired up with a party of 4. . :(
sad times..

Perhaps have that one playlist in the bigger tree of Social ;)

Come on 343i, you know you want tooooooooooooooo. i know you dooooo!!! :p

They should make a playlist called "Lone Wolves"

Where noone with a party can join and only the Solo Elites can. So all of those solo searching masterminds like me can pair up with fellow master minds. ;)

Also so we dont get paired up with a party of 4. . :(
sad times..

Perhaps have that one playlist in the bigger tree of Social ;)

Come on 343i, you know you want tooooooooooooooo. i know you dooooo!!! :p

Would be cool... but i'd hope they add a Team Objective before they add anything else.

Would be cool... but i'd hope they add a Team Objective before they add anything else.

Yeah, i hope they add a good amount of playlists for social. LIke others have echo'd in here. It really is needed.

I want Fiesta. Had so much fun with that. I'd die on purpose sometimes to see if i could spwan with a sword or rocket lol... ah good times.

Yeah, i hope they add a good amount of playlists for social. LIke others have echo'd in here. It really is needed.

I want Fiesta. Had so much fun with that. I'd die on purpose sometimes to see if i could spwan with a sword or rocket lol... ah good times.

Completely forgot about Fiesta! Man... Halo had some great social/party/casual game modes. they REALLY need to bring them all back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom