• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Matchmaking time is no compensation imo for optimum quality 100% of the time though.
server selection is not going to gurantee optimum quality every time tough, not to mention then a group of people will start complaining on lasting too long on getting matched and asking for server selection to be taken away, as a developer, they will never be able to make everyone happy.

server selection is not going to gurantee optimum quality every time tough, not to mention then a group of people will atart complaining on lasting too long on getting matched and asking for server selection to be takrn away, as a developer, they will never be able to make everyone happy.

Just make it an opt-in thing. I don't think I would even do it, maybe when playing Team Arena/Slayer since those are competitive enough that it really does matter to me, but allowing people to trade longer matchmaking times for better quality matches should not affect other people adversely -- at worst people in a high-population area would have to wait a second longer to get someone from their own area to join the game, but people in low-population areas would only benefit from having as many locals as possible available for matchmaking since this would drive up the fraction of games on local servers they would get even if they didn't opt-in themselves.

I mean, I get that like everything else this is a question of allocating limited development resources in the most efficient way and I understand that 343 are very confident in their current algorithms (which genuinely are very good in my experience), but if given the choice of either having this option or not I would always take it.

Ramirez

Yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need a friend to slap some sense into you because 28 (your age, correct?) is not old, and "90%" of people don't have their kinect on.

Tawpgun, be there for your friends man. Nutter, weren't you in his clan? SAVE THIS MAN

I turn 30 in Feb. and Tawp is a babby. In competitive online gaming environment, I am ancient.

I turn 30 in Feb. and Tawp is a babby. In competitive online gaming environment, I am ancient.
Nonsense. 40 year olds playing baseball, but gamers think they're old in their 20's/30's.. pfffffffffft, not to mention some fighting game vets are in their 30's and are still rockin out!
People give Halo 4 a lot of crap, but I think the changes to all the modes they made (with the exception of auto-pickup) were solid. I liked Regicide and Oddball much more than their previous counterparts.
Throwing the OB was a great addition, but I wonder if default will just be dropping while Ricochet has the throwing.

Akai__

Level 65 and still no dmr

When will this nightmare end ;____;

Still no DMR? WTF?! :(

Seems like you need to grind REQ points with us again. We had a 11 player squad going today. It was pretty crazy and maybe even not fair for the other teams. I know Karma will get me, though.

Glass

So to confirm, this means I'm done with silver packs right?

Screenshot-Original.png

Akai__

So to confirm, this means I'm done with silver packs right?

Buy one more and see if you are one of the lucky people that get a Legendary item in their last silver pack. Happened to my buddy and a coupple people on Reddit. And if it doesn't you will get 3000 REQ points back anyways.

IHaveIce

Banned
Still no DMR? WTF?! :(

Seems like you need to grind REQ points with us again. We had a 11 player squad going today. It was pretty crazy and maybe even not fair for the other teams. I know Karma will get me, though.

woah amazing, wish I would be part of that

Strider

Currently, getting Champ in FFA is just a way to stop playing completely lol.

I'm only Diamond 5 atm in FFA and I get matched with champion FFA players alot. It literally just happened actually. Champion players can get matched with a much wider range than you're suggesting.

The very very top players probably have a hard time because their elo is so much higher... But I doubt it's an issue for most players in champion.

The only time I see champion players run into MM problems is when they get a full team of champion players together and queue in team playlists.

Fuchsdh

Nonsense. 40 year olds playing baseball, but gamers think they're old in their 20's/30's.. pfffffffffft, not to mention some fighting game vets are in their 30's and are still rockin out!

Throwing the OB was a great addition, but I wonder if default will just be dropping while Ricochet has the throwing.

That's a good question. If Ricochet gets in eventually I guess it makes sense to leave it with dropping, because the passing aspect is much more important in Ricochet and the "throw the ball to screw up the other person" aspect of it rubs some people the wrong way.

Leyasu

Banned
server selection is not going to gurantee optimum quality every time tough, not to mention then a group of people will start complaining on lasting too long on getting matched and asking for server selection to be taken away, as a developer, they will never be able to make everyone happy.

Thing is they said that their matchmaking would automatically select the closest servers, and that was one of the reasons why they didn't let us choose. I don't understand why they would say we are going to give you the best experience, yet not let us choose.. It doesn't make sense?

Anyway, things have improved for me. It's not where I would like it to be, but it ain't far. The game is a dream nearly 100% of the time and the matchmaking is tight. I'm totally addicted.

Seeing how fast the matchmaking is even when I am playing locally, I don't think that letting us choose would have a massive impact.

Detective

Three game matches it has been doing that. Three fucking games.

I've also used my rare RP card on the last match. Boom. Nothing in return. Just gone.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LEWAA 10/video/13418813

Out of fucking despite I've bought the shitty COD which runs on a p2p server right? Guess what, it runs smoothly.

You are killing me. Never thought I'd hate playing Halo. Killing me Man.

Just tell me what to do guys.

Trup1aya

Looks like this is falling behind on the most played chart. Damn, it's sad not more people are playing it's a fantastic game

I'm surprised it lasted this long with so few gametypes... But yeah it is a lovely game! Anyway, what list are you looking at and where is H5?

Caja 117

Three game matches it has been doing that. Three fucking games.

I've also used my rare RP card on the last match. Boom. Nothing in return. Just gone.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LEWAA 10/video/13418813

Out of fucking despite I've bought the shitty COD which runs on a p2p server right? Guess what, it runs smoothly.

You are killing me. Never thought I'd hate playing Halo. Killing me Man.

Just tell me what to do guys.

Considering that BOPS 3 must have a huge player population, P2P should be nothing less than perfect.

If a playlist has join in progress enabled, don't separate me from the lobby after every single match. Keep us all together so we don't have to join 5 games in progress in a row. Every other game which has join in progress does this. Why not Halo?

link1201

Level 65 and still no dmr

When will this nightmare end ;____;

That stinks I think I'm at 48 or 49 and have two. The base one gets used the most of course and it really is a game changer in terms of fun. It's a great weapon to have in WZ.

I'm a few days away from having everything. Need 15 helmets/armors, phaeton, prophet bane, whispered truth, nornfang, and some emblems. Hype. The grind is real.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Alright, I've solo'd since launch, ready to party up. Nutters, I'm ready. Send me an invite, this time I'll join. Bare in mind I'm now, technically, late 30's. I'll do my best to hold my own.

Ramirez

Alright, I've solo'd since launch, ready to party up. Nutters, I'm ready. Send me an invite, this time I'll join. Bare in mind I'm now, technically, late 30's. I'll do my best to hold my own.

Losing 6, 7, 8 in a row is nothing for us these days, we're well conditioned to getting donged on.

Trup1aya

So I finally decided to lookup what this Ricochet game type is about (I ditched Halo4 before the update) and I'm impressed...

I'd love to see how it plays with the new Spartan Abilities and without the loadout bullshit that plagued H4.

We just need 343 to stop being stingy with the gametypes

op_ivy

Losing 6, 7, 8 in a row is nothing for us these days, we're well conditioned to getting donged on.

Good. Time to put my rank to the test. Am I forever to be placed platinum in literally every playlist cause that's my current skill level, or am I held back by the odds and ends of a forever flawed solo matchmaking experience? AKA, I'm not ready to let go of my diamond+ days.

op_ivy

I'm also on winter break, so I'll look kely be drunk. Already with the performance excuses!

Edit, I don't even want to edit that typo.

I don't think placements should even be a thing. No way you can measure performance in 10 rounds. You should start from bottom tier and work up, simple as that. Make seasons 3 months to compensate for the longer rank progression.

Placements are pretty dumb I am now stomping on kids in Platinum because I should be in high diamond/onyx.

If you have placements and you win 9.10 games with 6.7 KD you should probably be placed somewhere higher than the middle tier.

Just my two cents IDIOTS.

I'm all for no seasons. I barely have time to grind, I was just getting everything to Diamond then they go and reset them.

Serious, get rid of onyx CSR and just place people bronze-gold. Have people grind through Plat and Diamond and after 6 you hit onyx and that's it. Maybe use hidden MMR to place Champions.

When you get a certain CSR you cant find games, why are we stretching the population thin with these stupid numbers?

Detective

I don't know why warzone isn't clicking with me. I absolutely hate it and I love games like tribes and planetside.

I think warzone is amazing.
I also don't mind the last bullet boss kill.

People need to work together to kill the enemy, every boss and take bases. Unfortunately not every time you get good people to work with. They think it's only about capturing bases. But when you have good team with ya, it just amazing imo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom