• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

I did have 3 bad teammates actually.

My best teammate did worse than their worst teammate.

You can technically argue I did better than the "exceptional" player, K/D wise. Yes I wasn't able to get as many kills but I didn't contribute as many deaths as him.

Anyways its just frustrating. W/L should become more important as you increase fireteam size IMO. When not in fireteam and solo K/D should become more important. Kinda even out the battlefield in this "team" game.

Its all a bunch of bullshit anyways I'm a game or two away from Diamond already I just got too tired to continue tonight.

Maybe next time I have some free time a few days from now I can finish this. Then to crawl through Diamond garbage.

So your solution boils down to that tired and flawed perception that KD should matter for rank.... Im not going to talk about that. you didnt do better than the other guy who got 20 kills, if you have had gotten 21 kills your team would had won, plain and simple.

I played a slayer with two of my friends and got matched with a radom that got 4 kills and died 18 times and we lost like by 10, but you dont see me coming here blaming matchmaking about it, because it part of the game, happens, you dont want yourself subject to this get friends, so excuse me if I dont feel any symphaty for anyone that comes blaming the game or the matchmaking when they loose, but dont say a single word when their team wins the game.... sure matchmaking worked there, right?

Ramirez

wcgzmLY.png

I wonder if Ram thinks the game is doing an appropriate job of matching him with appropriate players for the competition.

Personally I'd say no, but then, I've never been a member of the 343i hug box club. My position that their matchmaking is an absolute embarrassing failure is pretty well established.

Don't blame Dead Eye for leaving. It was pretty clear from the opening 4-0 sweep, that the match was predetermined to be a one-sided ass-kicking.

Are you in that game or stalking my page? I lose so many games playing solo it's not rare that I get matched with Plats/Diamonds, and I'm not even that great at the game really.

Accusing me of being a 343 apologist is hilarious. There's a difference between just being a level headed person and a mewling little shit like you are.

Are you in that game or stalking my page? I lose so many games playing solo it's not rare that I get matched with Plats/Diamonds, and I'm not even that great at the game really.

Accusing me of being a 343 apologist is hilarious. There's a difference between just being a level headed person and a mewling little shit like you are.

I was in the game.

If you think, as an Onyx, that you should be matched with Plats and Diamonds so be it.

I expect more of full-priced products.

Rest assured, there's nothing level headed about accepting garbage match making.

Happy to contribute to your loss.

Ramirez

I was in the game.

If you think, as an Onyx, that you should be matched with Plats and Diamonds so be it.

I'm a 1500 Onyx who loses constantly and is lucky to break even, its not that far of a stretch.

lol, unlike you I don't have a temper tantrum every time I lose a match or a teammate quits, so congrats bud.

Caja 117

Go to page 253 of this thread and look at gif that I posted... Then brush it under the carpet.

I dont get the gif... Does lag happens? yes it does...anyways Frank gave you a good explanation about it. But my post is simple, no matter the Halo, you will allways find people complaining about lag.

Just had a MP game were at the middle of the match a guy that had 3 kills, 10 death and 3 suicide quit our team, a random on my team got 30 kills and died 16 times, and because of that we won the game 50-49,

I'm a 1500 Onyx who loses constantly and is lucky to break even, its not that far of a stretch.

lol, unlike you I don't have a temper tantrum every time I lose a match or a teammate quits, so congrats bud.

He'll then say the MM is bad because it puts you in a league you don't belong to.

Caja 117

The guy already gave up when the other team got 4 kills, with that mentality is easy to loose a game.

Absolutely, being at the bottom end of Onyx, it's totally reasonable to match with people two sets of 6 ranks below you.

Absolutely.

I was in the game.

Rest assured, there's nothing level headed about accepting garbage match making.

Ewwwww you're in the HaloGAF company

Leyasu

Banned
I dont get the gif... Does lag happens? yes it does...anyways Frank gave you a good explanation about it. But my post is simple, no matter the Halo, you will allways find people complaining about lag,

It ain't lag what most people are talking about. Please, atleast get it right if you want argue. That gif is not showing lag either.. Frankies explanation was not good or even close to being good. He totally glossed over the fact that that GIF showed that their system is still very much flawed.

I have played nearly 600 arena games and only a handful have lagged. But I have played too many games with latency problems.

It is much better than the beginning, but nowhere near where it should be.

I was in the game.

Aren't there hidden stats that match you with people regardless of what rank it shows.

For instance, in this case what if Ram grinded at onyx but sucks compared to other onyx players (no offense)?

Caja 117

It ain't lag what most people are talking about. Please, atleast get it right if you want argue. That gif is not showing lag either.. Frankies explanation was not good or even close to being good. He totally glossed over the fact that that GIF showed that their system is still very much flawed.

I have played nearly 600 arena games and only a handful have lagged. But I have played too many games with latency problems.

It is much better than the beginning, but nowhere near where it should be.

You are arguing semantics..plain and simple is latency, lag, high pin, whatever, is nothing new to halo.

Aren't there hidden stats that match you with people regardless of what rank it shows.

For instance, in this case what if Ram grinded at onyx but sucks compared to other onyx players (no offense)?

If Ram sucks compared to Onyx players, there's still a full Diamond ranking (with 6 sub-rankings) for him to fall into.

Obviously, the sensible system would be for him to continue playing against Onyxs until he lost enough that he fell into the Diamond ranking, at which point he would start playing against Diamonds. Win enough against Diamonds, he earns back his Onyx ranking and moves back to matching against Onyx players.

Rather than being teamed up with two Platinums against a team of 4 higher tier Diamonds.

If Ram is being matched with ME in a game, there are two options: 1) He's pretty bad at the game or 2) the matchmaking is terrible.

If Ram sucks compared to Onyx players, there's still a full Diamond ranking (with 6 sub-rankings) for him to fall into.

Obviously, the sensible system would be for him to continue playing against Onyxs until he lost enough that he fell into the Diamond ranking, at which point he would start playing against Diamonds. Win enough against Diamonds, he earns back his Onyx ranking and moves back to matching against Onyx players.

Rather than being teamed up with two Platinums against a team of 4 higher tier Diamonds.

If Ram is being matched with ME in a game, there are two options: 1) He's pretty bad at the game or 2) the matchmaking is terrible.

So would you argue it's better to be able to rank down a whole tier (for example platinum to gold) if you suck too much in your current rank?

I'd agree with that

IHaveIce

Banned

Yes hidden skill and MMR still exists and was not resetted.

But antitype won't care

Ade

Don't get me wrong, I bloody love the game, and yes I know that "Random is Random" but there really needs to be some form of weighting to stop things like this:

7kEYAMC.png

Ram a 343 apologist?

You scrubs haven't been here nearly long enough.

Titanfall is $5 and still pretty fun.

Yup. Bought it last night and it's crazy good. It made me legitimately sad that people don't play it much.

It's also amazing how good the movement was. It's significantly better than BO3

Leyasu

Banned
You are arguing semantics..plain and simple is latency, lag, high pin, whatever, is nothing new to halo.
Last post on the matter, because you don't really get it. After titanfall, the acceptance of a shit experience was replaced by the anticipation of something decent. This decent experience exists because people do occasionally experience it.

People would not complain if they had a choice in how they matchmake. Instead of defending it, people should be pushing for changes.

I was in the game.

Why don't you just play something that is up to your standards that you enjoy? I've never understood why people play games they clearly don't like only to come on GAF every few days and bitch about their experience. Life's too short.

TCKaos

Terrain is done. Just need to do objectives and spawns now.

I felt like the teleporter that lead to the bottom level was a bit redundant given that there's no fall damage. However, I wanted to give anyone unlucky enough to be on the ground a way to quickly enter the battle up top. To that end I've placed a pair of mancannons on the lower center structure that launch players to that top deck. A well timed thrust can send players to the opposite side, as well.

I'm thinking about putting in a small circuit of mancannons so that players with no vehicles will still have a movement option other than sprinting through the Prophet Room and getting shit on by a hail of bullets and grenades.

Also, the weapons have been completely rebalanced because they were nonsensical in CE. The Fuel Rod that spawned in the central chamber, now the Prophet Room, has been replaced by an Incineration Cannon because it shares some mechanics with the CE Fuel Rod. A Sniper Rifle and Scattershot spawn at each base, with BRs sprinked around the map. The old Sniper Spawns are now DMRs. To entice players to move to the other side of the canyon in slayer matches, the cliff now features a Binary Rifle. Each of the small trees below the cliffs has a Railgun.

Each team also spawns with two Warthogs, two Gungooses, a Ghost and a Wraith. I experimented with Banshees and Phaetons but ultimately I just don't have enough terrain to properly cover the map to stop them from getting out. They're high enough up that they hit the ceiling, but I'm not really comfortable with it. Maybe with more tinkering or with playtesting I'll add them, but not now.

I'm also still trying to figure out where to place the strongholds. Other than that, it's ready to play.

IHaveIce

Banned
I love that we are in a time and age where Ram is considered a 343 slurper. What is next? Elzar a reasonable person? Juices hired? Wesleyshark not a shitposter anymore? OddOne back to junior status?

man I can't wait to find out what happens next

So would you argue it's better to be able to rank down a whole tier (for example platinum to gold) if you suck too much in your current rank?

I'd agree with that

Being able to derank would be horrible. The reason you can't now is because adding that ability would mean players could purposefully derank by things like quitting or grieving their team for the sole purpose of playing lower skilled players to steam roll. I think if anything 343 should add a higher placement match requirement. How hard would it be to play 15 or 20 matches to be placed instead of 10? And I would assume placements would be that much more accurate.

Instead of solo queueing you should get regulars to play with ;) ;) I have a regular squad of three that are diamond-onyx and play almost daily. We are all on for weekends at random times and the majority of week nights anywhere from 6-9pm EST. I'll follow you on XBL, feel free to do the same, GT: Crimson Angelus.

Trup1aya

I'd agree with that

As mentioned above deranking would be horrible.
The best solution IMO would be changing placement matches from 10games to 10wins. It would instantly solve the issue of mid level players being ranked to high, because there would be much more data to gauge what types of players One is actually capable of beating.

E92 M3

For MM to properly work the population needs to be considerably high. Halo isn't exactly flourishing. That's why I only play FFA and have a good time lol.

I love that we are in a time and age where Ram is considered a 343 slurper. What is next? Elzar a reasonable person? Juices hired? Wesleyshark not a shitposter anymore? OddOne back to junior status?

man I can't wait to find out what happens next

The day I turn into a reasonable person

Is the day that HaloGAF truly dies

Ont

I could not find an Elite controller from London or New York but then I accidentally found one from Finnish small-town supermarket. I will have to get back to Halo 5 after my holiday.

Also I played I some online BO3 with friends last night and that experience made me appreciate the Halo 5 MP even more. Call of Duty MP is so casual that it is depressing to play.

E92 M3

I could not find an Elite controller from London or New York but then I accidentally found one from Finnish small-town supermarket. I will have to get back to Halo 5 after my holiday.

Also I played I some online BO3 with friends last night and that experience made me appreciate the Halo 5 MP even more. Call of Duty MP is so casual that it is depressing to play.

Black Ops 3 is a very good game that is rich with content and support. All kinds of players enjoy it.

Detective

Black Ops 3 is a very good game that is rich with content and support. All kinds of players enjoy it.

They got this new mode called nightmare. Amazing.

Halo should have mode like that. Like firefight. Can't believe it did not.

All previews games were rich with content.

E92 M3

The only thing wrong with the ignore feature is you can still read the posts when someone else quotes...

I don't see a point in the ignore feature, honestly.

They got this new mode called nightmare. Amazing.

Halo should have mode like that. Like firefight. Can't believe it did not.

All previews games were rich with content.

And the new DLC maps look fantastic.

--

I find it rather upsetting that the top Halo 5 stream is an MLG recast from 2012 lol. Once I fixed my controls, Halo 5 became amazingly fun, but the population is worrisome.

Fuchsdh

I felt like the teleporter that lead to the bottom level was a bit redundant given that there's no fall damage. However, I wanted to give anyone unlucky enough to be on the ground a way to quickly enter the battle up top. To that end I've placed a pair of mancannons on the lower center structure that launch players to that top deck. A well timed thrust can send players to the opposite side, as well.

I'm thinking about putting in a small circuit of mancannons so that players with no vehicles will still have a movement option other than sprinting through the Prophet Room and getting shit on by a hail of bullets and grenades.

Also, the weapons have been completely rebalanced because they were nonsensical in CE. The Fuel Rod that spawned in the central chamber, now the Prophet Room, has been replaced by an Incineration Cannon because it shares some mechanics with the CE Fuel Rod. A Sniper Rifle and Scattershot spawn at each base, with BRs sprinked around the map. The old Sniper Spawns are now DMRs. To entice players to move to the other side of the canyon in slayer matches, the cliff now features a Binary Rifle. Each of the small trees below the cliffs has a Railgun.

Each team also spawns with two Warthogs, two Gungooses, a Ghost and a Wraith. I experimented with Banshees and Phaetons but ultimately I just don't have enough terrain to properly cover the map to stop them from getting out. They're high enough up that they hit the ceiling, but I'm not really comfortable with it. Maybe with more tinkering or with playtesting I'll add them, but not now.

I'm also still trying to figure out where to place the strongholds. Other than that, it's ready to play.

Anything that reduces teleporting spam is good. Man, looking back it's amazing how obvious the thrown-together nature of a lot of CE's multiplayer levels were.

be careful about the physics meter. it's a hard limit unlike the lightmap. if you go over it your map may crash.

Detective

And the new DLC maps look fantastic.

--

I find it rather upsetting that the top Halo 5 stream is an MLG recast from 2012 lol. Once I fixed my controls, Halo 5 became amazingly fun, but the population is worrisome.

Yes it does. I actually bought it yesterday. No lag. No latency. Full content.

They should be worried about the population. It actually hurts to see Halo this low after just some months. And it will never be back in top.

Lots of gamers today actually enjoys PVE.look at Destiny. Which have been above halo in population almost all the time.

343 bet everything on warzone. No real BTB. That's why we have ugly forge maps.

I just understand how they work anymore.

You nailed the gameplay. Miss on the content.

No BTB. No PVE. Most of game modes were miss on the launch. All previews games had it. How and why did it miss it?

It's really eating me and killing me seeing Halo like this.
It's such an amazing game. Gameplay wise.

BradC00

BO3 is fine, it's just a different game. Friendlier to everyone. I would probably quit gaming if I was like my teammates in that game tho, getting like a .4 KD every game.

has halo ever been a twitch monster? I started watching league in season 2 and don't remember ever seeing any halo games up there.

Isn't that just like if everybody automatically placed at the bottommost tier?

So less accurate by default?

Well yes, but you rank up if you win more than you lose, so naturally your rank plateau would be the indication that you're where you should be (when you lose as much as you win). It'd be a climb but it's a good solution, in my opinion, to the inaccurate placements. Good players being in a tier too high: it isn't correctable until next season.

Strider

but the population is worrisome.

It's really not but different expectations I guess. This game is still peaking at 40k+ easy which is way more than enough for a healthy population...

Using twitch as a metric is really poor but if we're doing that then Halo 5 still regular features more viewers than games such as TF2 or Civ V both of which peak at 50k-80k every day. If doing similar numbers to those games is "worrisome" then I'm just gonna have to disagree. Game is fine in that regard. I'd say most of the people that are still playing will stick around at this point plus christmas is right around the corner to bring some more people in...

E92 M3

Yes it does. I actually bought it yesterday. No lag. No latency. Full content.

They should be worried about the population. It actually hurts to see Halo this low after just some months. And it will never be back in top.

Lots of gamers today actually enjoys PVE.look at Destiny. Which have been above halo in population almost all the time.

343 bet everything on warzone. No real BTB. That's why we have ugly forge maps.

I just understand how they work anymore.

You nailed the gameplay. Miss on the content.

No BTB. No PVE. Most of game modes were miss on the launch. All previews games had it. How and why did it miss it?

It's really eating me and killing me seeing Halo like this.
It's such an amazing game. Gameplay wise.

Gameplay is the best ever and I would love to see proper BTB maps. Right now, BTB is the ugly red-headed stepchild lol.

It's really not but different expectations I guess. This game is still peaking at 40k+ easy which is way more than enough for a healthy population...

Using twitch as a metric is really poor but if we're doing that then Halo 5 still regular features more viewers than games such as TF2 or Civ V both of which peak at 50k-80k every day. If doing similar numbers to those games is "worrisome" then I'm just gonna have to disagree. Game is fine in that regard. I'd say most of the people that are still playing will stick around at this point plus christmas is right around the corner to bring some more people in...

I know the regulars still play, but I would like to see Halo grow and have fresh blood coming in. Twitch is just one metric, not the final word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom