• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone convince me to buy an Elite controller tomorrow or save the money for something else, like women. I ain't about that gucci life so it usually ends up in one of those.

Well women are great and all.. But if you had suave you wouldnt need money to make her 'happy'

Just a good, long, rock solid
conversation

They love it. ;)

pieface

I'm at the stage now where every time Overgrowth comes up I have to quit back to the dash. Refuse to play that God awful shitty map.

I'm at the stage now where every time Overgrowth comes up I have to quit back to the dash. Refuse to play that God awful shitty map.

sword shotgun and camo on a map with narrow hallways is a bad idea any way you look at it.it'd probably be fine with a better weapon layout.

BraXzy

There is nothing interesting about people getting banned for opinions you don't like. If you don't agree with his posts, just skip or ignore.

There's a major difference between having a difference of opinion, and using disgusting, innappropraite insults.

He makes some good points once every hundred posts but shit like that is way way way out of line. I think I'm gonna join SlightlyLive's lead.

Strider

The narrow hallways bother me more than the shotgun, sword, camo on OverGrowth. There's none of that sweet precision back and forth gunplay on that map. So much AR use plus anytime you actually get in a pistol/BR dual someone just thrusts away to safety everytime and the map layout and sightlines ensures there's no way for a teammate to follow up ... Hate that.

sword shotgun and camo on a map with narrow hallways is a bad idea any way you look at it.it'd probably be fine with a better weapon layout.

It is made exponentially worse because one spawn is closer to the sword and shotgun AND camo. Also, the fact that shotgun and camo spawn in the same corner is baffling. Camo should spawn top mid so it is a gamble trying to get it each time. As it is now it is on a perch out of the way from all but plaza sight lines and the door at the bottom of tram stairs. Camo being top mid makes it a grenade trap and next to impossible to camp compared to now. Seriously, the map isn't poorly designed, the weapons chosen and their spawning locations are.

Caja 117

What in that actual fuck.....

My Nephew was just compared to the 343 MM team...

Could people please STOP replying to this type of comments, it only fill up the thread with garbage.

and on to his flawed complain, I went and check my service record on Halo 3 for my MLG games, in the last 13 slayer games, only 5 matches were decided by single digit margins, some games scores :50-27, 50-34, 50-22, 50-28 and 50-20, so like I said before, excuse me if I don't feel sympathy when someone complains about teammates or blowout games, this is part of Halo, you either accept this or move on to a different game, and spare me the Hypocrisy and 343 bashing when this type of thing has happened in 343's Halos and in Bungie's Halos.

It is made exponentially worse because one spawn is closer to the sword and shotgun AND camo. Also, the fact that shotgun and camo spawn in the same corner is baffling. Camo should spawn top mid so it is a gamble trying to get it each time. As it is now it is on a perch out of the way from all but plaza sight lines and the door at the bottom of tram stairs. Camo being top mid makes it a grenade trap and next to impossible to camp compared to now. Seriously, the map isn't poorly designed, the weapons chosen and their spawning locations are.

Camo usually works best as a bottom mid objective IMO. Perfect for a sneaky flank. Not sure how I'd feel about Camo in a place it'll be burned half of the time, but I suppose that's the point you're making.

Sullichin

Kicked in the middle of a FFA game I was winning last night, and losing connection every time I go into matchmaking now. Are XBL servers just getting hammered or is it just me?

Agree re: Overgrowth and narrow corridors. Doesn't really feel like a Halo map. Other parts feel like the layouts are stitched together from other maps. It looks cool though.

Jebron

Henceforth, the 343i matchmaking dev team will be referred to simply as 'The Down Syndrome Babies'.

What close competitive games your system affords!

Do better, Down Syndrome Babies. Much better.

Dude, you're an insensitive asshat. Also, you're bad at video games.

mVciMtA.jpg

Tawpgun

The best part is 24-50 isn't even THAT bad. I've been on both ends of games much more lopsided ever since Halo 2. Anti type is a moron and just bad at the game so he cries about 343 shooting his dog everytime he has a bad game (which he has a lot of)

Caja 117

Halo is the only shooter where losing really feels like shit. Have no idea why, but it sucks lol.

Because it has a learning curve, and you see yourself investing time on it, a lot of time, and once you feel you got good, along comes a team that brings you back to reality, you feel like shit because loosing put into perspective and questioning your skill level.

Strider

smile.gif

--

So I think slightly was gonna do Gaf customs last week but it fell through. Should we try again this weekend? Especially since more forge maps have been completed... I wanna play on Nutter's snow Sanctuary remake

E92 M3

RIP offline forging

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me. Why in the world can't we use forge in offline.

Because it has a learning curve, and you see yourself investing time on it, a lot of time, and once you feel you got good, along comes a team that brings you back to reality, you feel like shit because loosing put into perspective and questioning your skill level.

Yeah, and the games tend to be very close as well. I remember back during Halo 2, one loss for the night would break apart the whole team and we'd all go play BTB lol.

blakep267

Is anyone else not getting anything really special out of the war zone req packs. I thought I would be getting super rare stuff in every pack but I haven't gotten anything like that and it's been 3 weeks.

BraXzy

Is anyone else not getting anything really special out of the war zone req packs. I thought I would be getting super rare stuff in every pack but I haven't gotten anything like that and it's been 3 weeks.

The Premium REQ packs are essentially flashier Gold packs with slightly more cards per pack and slightly higher chance to get rarer stuff I believe.

Usual advice is to save the packs till you've unlocked the vast majority of low rarity stuff. Start with Bronze packs and work up. It kinda sucks that you pay a fair amount and still get crap but its avoiding the pay to win aspect of it slightly I guess.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Quite, have a good Christmas Bish!

So, who has left their wrapping till last minute like my mum has?
Me. I'm still waiting for two packages that should have arrive on the 22nd. They were in Reno, two hours away, but now are in Sacramento 3 hours away two days later. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom