• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter

Help me understand....

I'm usually the top player in Titanfall and middle to upper tier in Battlefield 4

...yet I FUCKING SUCK at Halo 5 :(

I'm about to just give up on MP. I... I just "get" it and usually do HORRIBLE in both Arena and Warzone...

Different mechanics, and arguably different control feeling.

COD you really do not get punished for running and gunning alone, Halo you do. You need the team shot in 5.

And to be honest, you have to play with good people to get better. You will learn their routes, and use them. Know where people will typically will come from etc.

Different mechanics, and arguably different control feeling.

COD you really do not get punished for running and gunning alone, Halo you do. You need the team shot in 5.

I understand the Teamshot concept, but it still feels like we're constantly overwhelmed on all sides. The TTK in this fucking sucks sometimes.

In something like Titanfall, I actually play rather methodically and tend to just get the drop on people rather than run n' gun. Same goes for Battlefield and Battlefront

Madness

I understand the Teamshot concept, but it still feels like we're constantly overwhelmed on all sides. The TTK in this fucking sucks sometimes.

In something like Titanfall, I actually play rather methodically and tend to just get the drop on people rather than run n' gun. Same goes for Battlefield and Battlefront

This right here tells you why you're having an issue in Halo. It's not who sees who first twitch shooting, except in SWAT, maybe Breakout. In Halo, you won't just run up on someone and kill them before they react. If they're a better player than you, they'll get shot by you and react and take you out, or they'll see you or know you're coming.

You're just struggling with the TTK being higher and requiring more aim, precision and skill. You can still get the drop on someone with an AR/SMG and tear into them, but if you're consistently losing battles, it means you're consistently losing battles. Don't know what else to say except that keep playing and hope you get better, get better at headshots, use mechanics like thrust to evade shots, or move onto another shooter, one that you're better at.

This right here tells you why you're having an issue in Halo. It's not who sees who first twitch shooting, except in SWAT, maybe Breakout. In Halo, you won't just run up on someone and kill them before they react. If they're a better player than you, they'll get shot by you and react and take you out, or they'll see you or know you're coming.

You're just struggling with the TTK being higher and requiring more aim, precision and skill. You can still get the drop on someone with an AR/SMG and tear into them, but if you're consistently losing battles, it means you're consistently losing battles. Don't know what else to say except that keep playing and hope you get better, get better at headshots, use mechanics like thrust to evade shots, or move onto another shooter, one that you're better at.

werd, thanks!

RPS37

I've got it twice today at game load, but after hitting b everything is fine. Initial Xbox one sign in though is taking forever. Like 60+ sec!
It's annoying. I can still play but I don't know if I am getting REQ points and I can't spend them.

E92 M3

Help me understand....

I'm usually the top player in Titanfall and middle to upper tier in Battlefield 4

I'm about to just give up on MP. I... I just don't "get" it as usually do HORRIBLE in both Arena and Warzone...

Try changing your deadzones and what not

This thread is becoming awful to read.

Forge is so intimidating to just jump into. I need to find some guides or something.

Couple pages back we were on a roll of feel good koombyas. But the fire goes out sometimes and smoke gets in our eyes. We then go to sleep and repeat confessing our love for halo.

Strider

werd, thanks!

To add to the above...

just because you get the drop on someone that doesn't mean you should necessarily follow up if they are trying to escape... never chase for kills! too often it ends up in them just turning it around with good use of grenades and good aim... or a teammate saving their ass.

Being disciplined goes a long way in Halo.

Yes i love it when ppl chase. A good gernade placement to pop their shields with a jump 180 headshot as you time them perfectly around the corner. Gg.

G effing g!!!!

Trup1aya

Help me understand....

I'm about to just give up on MP. I... I just don't "get" it as usually do HORRIBLE in both Arena and Warzone...

In those games you just have to get the reticule on the enemy for a second and they drop instantly.

In halo, you have to sustain your aim for a longer period. And ADS doesn't improve your accuracy. That alone is tougher...

Then there is the meta game, shield popping, movement mechanics, learning weapon/powerup spawns, when to use each weapon, and how to coordinate with your team.

Titanfall, Battlefield, and COD mechanics certainly don't translate to halo. It's a completely different ball game.

This game is impossible to play solo. You can't lone wolf it, with such an emphasis on teamshotting, but it's simply not possible to coordinate with randoms. It's especially frustrating when you're getting teamshot yourself. It makes it so much harder for me to enjoy this game outside of FFA.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This game is impossible to play solo. You can't lone wolf it, with such an emphasis on teamshotting, but it's simply not possible to coordinate with randoms. It's especially frustrating when you're getting teamshot yourself. It makes it so much harder for me to enjoy this game outside of FFA.
So many times I think I have teammate backup only to realize, post death, that they abandoned me.

Help me understand....

First off, check your controller settings.

Sensitivity 3-4
Acceleration 2
Inner Deadzone 0 (adjust upwards if you get drift)
Outer Deadzone 6-10 (start lower).

After that... well, Halo is harder than both of those. You're gonna have to git gud :p

I love that you can almost get a gernade in any position.

Perfect nade throws and youll win a lot of battles. Even the ones youre out numbered. Love getting hail marys as i predict where they are going and land it.

Ugh why am i posting and not playing!?

I'm currently in a Slayer game where every single one of my teammates left within the first five minutes..... It was on Eden so I really can't blame them.

link1201

So many times I think I have teammate backup only to realize, post death, that they abandoned me.
Happens to me all the time. I can't tell you how often I say out loud ..."you were right there!?"... teammate could look at the enemy and they would die but no mr.randoman teammate sees me in a 1v1 and decides to run away lol.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Happens to me all the time. I can't tell you how often I say out loud ..."you were right there!?"... teammate could look at the enemy and they would die but no mr.randoman teammate sees me in a 1v1 and decides to run away lol.
Yeah, soloing is a bitch. I love when I'm hanging on in a prolonged battle, just waiting for my teammates to join the fray and sway the battle in my favor. Surely they hear the spartan chatter, see my waypoint icon change color, and hear gun fire. I've managed to stay alive... But where are they? I'm dead now, watching 3rd person cam hoping for some clean up that never comes. COME ON!

Strider

I've been matched up against pros... and won :D

7NzZCyx.png

Shame the map was OverGrowth though. Didn't seem like they were taking the game too seriously since the map plays so fucking awful. Not that they weren't trying to win at all but it was a lot of silly sprinting going on lol It goes without saying they are much better than I am.

Spartan is actually one of my favorite halo streamers to watch so was kinda cool to be matched against him

Prime example of why OverGrowth is 100% shit: This map sucks

>Playing Holiday Social, get snipes on Pegasus

>>Get spawned in front of or between at least two people multiple times in a row.

>>>Quit

Fuck these spawns. If you can't fix them then remove the map. They're absolute, unacceptable garbage.

mo60

Holiday Social is one of the worst playlists in halo history. Overgrowth is one of the worst maps in franchise history.

I think it's one of the prettiest multiplayer maps in Halo 5 Some of my best matches are on that map. I think it's an okay and very flawed map that needs to be tweaked.

I think it's one of the prettiest multiplayer maps in Halo 5 Some of my best matches are on that map. I think it's an okay and very flawed map that needs to be tweaked.

Map is gorgeous but the gameplay on it is literally the most awful experiences I've had in H5.

In those games you just have to get the reticule on the enemy for a second and they drop instantly.

In halo, you have to sustain your aim for a longer period. And ADS doesn't improve your accuracy. That alone is tougher...

Then there is the meta game, shield popping, movement mechanics, learning weapon/powerup spawns, when to use each weapon, and how to coordinate with your team.

Titanfall, Battlefield, and COD mechanics certainly don't translate to halo. It's a completely different ball game.

Indeed :/

servers keep booting me and banning me tonight - #christmasplz

in other words, starting to like overgrowth and arena breakout - still not sure how I feel about the latter's inclusion in the team arena playlist though.

RPS37

I've been matched up against pros... and won :D

7NzZCyx.png

Shame the map was OverGrowth though. Didn't seem like they were taking the game too seriously since the map plays so fucking awful. Not that they weren't trying to win at all but it was a lot of silly sprinting going on lol It goes without saying they are much better than I am.

Spartan is actually one of my favorite halo streamers to watch so was kinda cool to be matched against him

Prime example of why OverGrowth is 100% shit: This map sucks
And I was just about to complain that I've never gotten to play a match on the new maps.

Reptar p try hard MM kid. Just lost with vetoed to snipedown legit and legit got placed into Champ 1 spot lol.

Also Snipedown got placed Plat in SWAT so you know the shits overcorrected and not placing accurately.

How come a lot of pros do a thrust into a slide + jump as opposed to a slide + jump then thrust?

Is there any benefit or are they just quirky turkeys?

How come a lot of pros do a thrust into a slide + jump as opposed to a slide + jump then thrust?

Is there any benefit or are they just quirky turkeys?

Thrust -> Slide -> Jump is a specific exploit in the physics that works if you "slide" just as you're going over a downwards slope because it can easily launch you, like, across half the distance of the map. There aren't a ton of potential applications (yet) as far as I know, though.

Nutter

Updated my map.

- Renamed it! As I said I did not like the original name, It is now called "Sacelium"
- Jump to Ring three has been "fixed" to be the correct hight on both ends
- Bases are now more color coordinated and detailed to look like they are part of the same group of buildings
- Map has more whales/pigs/soccer balls/dice!
- Detailed the lights a bit more
- Lowered Sniper clips to 1 extra [making it total of 8 shots every three minutes]
- Lowered Shotgun clip to max 1 [making it total of 6 shots every three minutes]

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/sacelium.984/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom