• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

I have to change my aiming settings everyday. Why can't I get used to this shit?

Probably because you keep changing it...

I must say, I dropped my dead zones to 0 percent, and that seemed to turn my aim into butter...

All the fuss about aim acceleration was slightly misguided IMO.

The real issue was that the joystick operating range was shortened by the dead zones, which magnified the acceleration. Dropping down to zero fixed everything, even with acceleration still at 3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The more I play Warzone the more I dislike it. The AI should have had an active role in r game. (Attacking bases) and the req packs make everything a cluster fuck. If you don't have a DMR you're fucked. Still love arena though.

Trup1aya

The more I play Warzone the more I dislike it. The AI should have had an active role in r game. (Attacking bases) and the req packs make everything a cluster fuck. If you don't have a DMR you're fucked. Still love arena though.

I have yet to unlock a DMR and I've been consistently landing nearly 30kills a game lately... Really all you ever need is a battle rifle...

Req packs make it fun for those who are into that sort of thing, but once you learn the flow of the matches, it's far from a cluster fuck...

Probably because you keep changing it...

I must say, I dropped my dead zones to 0 percent, and that seemed to turn my aim into butter...

All the fuss about aim acceleration was slightly misguided IMO.

The real issue was that the joystick operating range was shortened by the dead zones, which magnified the acceleration. Dropping down to zero fixed everything, even with acceleration still at 3.

This was my experience as well. I didn't really have issues before but reducing the deadzones while keeping everything else as it was made everything feel smoother.

Anyone know what the default inner deadzone is for R6: Siege (since it's the only other recent FPS I can remember that allows deadzone tuning)? 12% must be a bit higher than the average console FPS...

BraXzy

Who wants to help me test out this some time?

QUftCfk.gif

TCKaos

What day do the Weekly packs come out? Is it every Monday or Sunday?

Honestly it would be better if there was a steady stream of enemies regular and legendary attacking bases.

There need to be more regular AI that get dropped in around the map, Titanfall style. Make them worth a point each or whatever.

Like, random Phantoms or Spirits dropping off groups of Elites, Grunts and Jackals in the middle of the maps, but not bosses. Like a semi-firefight trickle throughout the entire game.

BraXzy

How'd you fix you save issues?

I genuinely don't know. It was having none of it yesterday no matter what I did. The only things that I did that could be accountable for it are: Changing the name of the map, changing the description, hard rebooting console. But even then, it was only today that it suddenly worked correctly o_O

Oh hell yes

Right? Right?!

I've had so many problems making this. I thought it'd be sooooooo simple, but no. Everything that could go wrong has done :L

1. Objects with gravity placed mid air would obviously fall, but then after settling for a few seconds, they would reset their home location to where they'd settled.
  2. Respawning objects doesn't work in Forge like it does in Custom Games. So testing stuff was a long winded pain.
  3. I fixed the object issue by placing it all on a huge platform which would then despawn at the start of the match. The objects themselves despawn after 10 seconds so they don't have time to settle. All worked out well.. Until I realised the despawning platform happened when booting the map back up in Forge. Back to square one -.-
  4. Current method is having a platform, a terminal at the bottom of the ramp which triggers the despawning of said platform till everything is finalised. I had to re-place 150+ objects...........

Id jump into forge but the fame would be unbearable and the attention uncessesary.

Jk. Last thing i built with blocks were with my daughters mega blocks and that sucked too...

Lol i applaud you cartographers!!

Is there a spartan company named?

Plz Understand

BraXzy

Is there a spartan company named?

Plz Understand

If there isn't you should make one, and only you should be a member :')

I've just noticed in the GIF that there are two things wrong already. Some of the vending machines don't have normal physics, and the sparkly FX I put in the pigs eyes are fixed -.-

BraXzy

We doing HaloGAF customs anytime soon? Surely there's gotta be a lot of fun maps by now/

I suppose it depends on your what you mean by funs maps.

There aren't many wacky maps like the one I'm making because most need the gametypes we still don't have like Infection and Race. Most people are making Slayer maps/remakes since there's a big rush to do so and add to the small pool of maps atm.

I'm sure there are a lot of well done slayer maps by now though that are fun to play, so hopefully GAF customs start soon yeah :D

XAL

Some Clips:

UnDreamedFool1 snipes 2 hijackers off my oni scout.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13494885

http://i.imgur.com/Epieoab.gif

Finally was able to sneak kill someone at their upper base box on Apex 7 with what is maybe my favorite assassination right now.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13494909

http://i.imgur.com/xkRwxve.gif

Killed the Banshee Boss on Noctus in a funny way, second angle shows the explosion launching some poor blue bastard sky high.
POV http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13495126
Wide http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13495102

Funny bug during the intro to an area match:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13495131

Bug during the outro of a BTB match:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13495147

The back break sound effect is brutal:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XAL/video/13495166

BraXzy

Maybe just link to the GIFs, made my browser chug quite a bit then :3

DEFINITELY link to those GIFs, they're 70mb each according to my PC!

BraXzy

Would people be down for a bit of a customs session tonight or tomorrow?

Either way, can people start posting maps and modes, whether they are wacky or competitive. So we have a nice pool to pick from.

Having to sit in a doubles match where you are alone against 2 is so fucking dumb. I'm just dieing over and over now.

Add a fucking mercy quit jesus. How fucking hard is that? IDIOTS

If there isn't you should make one, and only you should be a member :')

I've just noticed in the GIF that there are two things wrong already. Some of the vending machines don't have normal physics, and the sparkly FX I put in the pigs eyes are fixed -.-

Youd fear me. Get reqktd son.

Smokey

Question about the aiming.

Is it designed to reward you for getting the first shot on someone? It's hard to explain but it seems that whenever I connected with a shot first, I seem to end up with a lot more "perfects". It's almost like the aiming gets smoother or something if you connect first. Am I imagining things?

Is it designed to reward you for getting the first shot on someone? It's hard to explain but it seems that whenever I connected with a shot first, I seem to end up with a lot more "perfects". It's almost like the aiming gets smoother or something if you connect first. Am I imagining things?
Yes.

Ok next game I'm matched with a dude who quits before the game even starts.

Wtf ? What the hell is going on in Doubles?

I had to quit this one I just played through nine minutes of being 1v2. I'm not doing it again.

Trup1aya

I don't know of I'd say its designed to reward landing the first shot, but there is a bit of aim assist and bullet magnetism at play. If you land the first shot, then you've already done the work of using the assists to your advantage, so the follow up shots come a bit more easily.

The first and the last shots will be your trickiest when it comes to landing a perfect.

Mostly psychological, I think. When you get hit you get shaky, when you hit first you focus in.

Noobcraft

Asked this in the forge thread, but does anyone want to party up and play customs on forge maps for a while? I want to try my map out and I think it would be fun to see what others are up to.

GT: Mr Noobcraft

BraXzy

So has anyone got some good customs they've made/played on that they'd like to throw into the mix?

I'm gonna try and pool a bunch together for whenever customs happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom